ADVERTISEMENT

What DON'T you like about the new forums?

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
  • Rounded avatars
  • No private messaging for free members
  • No list of active (online) members
  • Too much white space in thread listings
  • Limited smilies (checked one more time and it seems that some have been added)
  • No direct way to contact specific moderators (I only see Report button)
  • No Sluggo sightings :D
  • Too many Cardinals fans :p
Any others? Your thoughts?

• Rounded avatars
  • Limited smilies (checked one more time and it seems that some have been added)
With a name like "bigboxes" no wonder Round Avatars would piss you off! :p

Reactions: Cloud@Heart
i pretty much like everything about the new board. I think the private messaging feature would be cool though if that was added.

I'm good with all of it. Kind of fitting actually. New football coach, new message board format.

I always used mostly thread view and if that is still possible, I don't know how to do it. I usually read a thread, post if I want to, follow it for awhile, then let it go. Being in topic view means threads 3-weeks old keep rising to the top when someone decides to post on it.
That was my complaint. I liked the thread view. Now I am reminded that sugar is bad for me literally every time I come to this site. Ugh!

Comprehensive search that goes back years. I get tired of reading unverified claims of "...as I told you last year...".

Last edited:
I always used mostly thread view and if that is still possible, I don't know how to do it. I usually read a thread, post if I want to, follow it for awhile, then let it go. Being in topic view means threads 3-weeks old keep rising to the top when someone decides to post on it.

I'm in agreement here. I didn't always use Thread View, but I did enough to miss it now that we don't have it. I actually liked the old board format vs the new one, but will get used to this. Newer doesn't always mean better.

• Rounded avatars
How come I can't keep my Scarlet is the Brighest Red.... On the bottom of all my posts?

I love the new version on the mobile. This is my first time using the site on a computer and I dont like it. Everything is too big and seems to be too much blank space. I have to scroll down a whole page to even see the threads. A little different contrast between posts would be nice.

How come I can't keep my Scarlet is the Brighest Red.... On the bottom of all my posts?

Upper right. Hold your mouse over your username next to the envelope and the flag icons and you'll see Your Profile Page and click on Signature. Type in your former sig. Save changes. Profit!

Reactions: sparky62
Upper right. Hold your mouse over your username next to the envelope and the flag icons and you'll see Your Profile Page and click on Signature. Type in your former sig. Save changes. Profit!

I'm on my I pad.. Can you go threw the motions again but with a I Pad

The new boards are GREAT. Finally, Rivals has stepped out of the early 1990s. Thank you! They look and perform like a modern message board should.

Someone should fix the link colors. I think that has to be a site setting, so this is a nebraska.rivals.com issue, not a software one. They're black. They should be red.

Also, the "last post" link on the message board index is no longer being updated. That one is a software issue.

Page takes forever to load on mobile.

It has to be something with your phone or something. I mainly use my mobile, and the past 3 or 4 months the site literally took 10 minuets to load. I couldnt even read a thread. With this new format i can now access the board again. Its gotta be your phone. Mines totally outdated, galaxy 4. Works fine as of now.

Had no problems with the old forum loading, it was instantaneous. Now, it's at least 5-10 seconds for a thread to get to the last viewed post on mobile. Don't see how that's an issue with my phone since it worked better before.

It's the only forum that i frequent that you can't access the last post of a thread from the index page.

edit.....I now see that you can but you must be logged in

Is there a way to ignore anymore? I used to be anti-ignore, free expression in the marketplace of ideas, let the best one win, that sort of thing. But I think patience is one of those things that doesn't get better with age...

Is there a way to ignore anymore? I used to be anti-ignore, free expression in the marketplace of ideas, let the best one win, that sort of thing. But I think patience is one of those things that doesn't get better with age...
If you click on the person's avatar you can choose to ignore that person.

• No thread view
  • No highlighted links
  • Limited smilies
  • EZLink Preview (Chrome app) doesn't work anymore

• Rounded avatars
The new design just flat out sucks. I hate it.

I don't see a lot of in between... You either love it or hate it. So far, I would have to say I like it a lot...

Since I don't post gifs or embed anything, I am not going to get the benefit of those features on the new site, but all in all I like how it moves you to the last read post in the thread, and that alone is a big deal to me.

But I'm easily entertained...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT