ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, May 15th Nebraska at Illinois (Huskers lose 5-4)

Minny leading Indiana 9-8 bottom of the 9th, one on, one out.

I wonder if they would call the game or make us resume it tomorrow?

Game will be called.

You spoke too soon. That call at 3rd was garbage

Correct call, Cervantes didn't tag him. It starts with a poor decision by Anglim. He has momentum arm side & in, so there's absolutely no reason to hit a cut. You're a RF'er, THROW THE GAWD DAMN BALL TO 3B. Inning over.

Bragg didn't have his slider in the 7th. Hoping he finds it, or we go to McCarville & Hood.

This Illinois guy has been mowing us down. Need a hit from someone.

Set the score back to when the game was official (5th inning) :p The Big 10 has other stupid rules (no replay, oversigning restrictions no other major conference uses, etc) why not one more?

Screenshot-20220515-182704.png

oversigning restrictions

Is a misunderstood B1G rule.

Since baseball is not a full ride allocation, Bolt offers year to year scholarships, which is the loophole, and it's his choice every year to renew or not. Erstad went the opposite route. Shocking, I know.

If this game ends in a tie…Huskers sweep MSU next week, would need Michigan to lose 2 of 3 to Rutgers to pass Michigan, would need Purdue lose to 2 of 3 to Maryland to pass them.

Lets play the hypthetical game...

This game ends in a 4-4 tie.

Illinois takes 2/3 from Penn State
Rutgers takes 2/3 from Michigan
Iowa takes 2/3 from Indiana
Maryland takes 2/3 from Purdue
Nebraska takes 2/3 from Michigan State

5. Penn State 12-12
6. Michigan 11-13
7. Indiana 11-13
8. Purdue 10-12
9. Nebraska 10-13

Lets play the hypthetical game...

This game ends in a 4-4 tie.

Illinois takes 2/3 from Penn State
Rutgers takes 2/3 from Michigan
Iowa takes 2/3 from Indiana
Maryland takes 2/3 from Purdue
Nebraska takes 2/3 from Michigan State

5. Penn State 12-12
6. Michigan 11-13
7. Indiana 11-13
8. Purdue 10-12
9. Nebraska 10-13
It looks like we need a sweep

We honestly don’t really deserve it but if we somehow make the tourney I won’t be upset. Either way I’m ready for the house cleaning to happen and to move onto next season.

Is a misunderstood B1G rule.

Since baseball is not a full ride allocation, Bolt offers year to year scholarships, which is the loophole, and it's his choice every year to renew or not. Erstad went the opposite route. Shocking, I know.
I'm aware of that but it still doesn't really need to exist, loophole or not. Also throw no 10-run rule in there (except for doubleheaders now.) Big 10 has to know they need Nebraska in the conference tournament to bump attendance :p just say the game ended after the 5th!!!

I'm aware of that but it still doesn't really need to exist, loophole or not. Also throw no 10-run rule in there (except for doubleheaders now.) Big 10 has to know they need Nebraska in the conference tournament to bump attendance :p just say the game ended after the 5th!!!

Wasn't aware you knew.

This weekend is just another reminder we don't have enough arms for the B1G tournament. If we were healthier, then it's a different discussion. For freaking sake, in a tie game late with 0 offensive momentum - Ornelas was warming up after Hood and he just tossed 4.1 Friday night.

Just end the season, enjoy the purge and let this sting for the next 9 months.

This weekend is just another reminder we don't have enough arms for the B1G tournament. If we were healthier, then it's a different discussion. For freaking sake, in a tie game late with 0 offensive momentum - Ornelas was warming up after Hood and he just tossed 4.1 Friday night.

Just end the season, enjoy the purge and let this sting for the next 9 months.
As competitive as I am in my fandom this is where I’m at. If we make the tourney it would be more so to say we did in a down year. I’m at the point I just want to get the ship righted knowing we probably don’t have any business being in Omaha this year unfortunately.

Well the last radio update was much less optimistic. And they will not resume play tomorrow, so it's looking more and more like a 4-4 tie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT