ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, April 24th Nebraska at Indiana (Huskers WIN 19-7)

Anderson follows with an infield single, he then advances on WP #4. Banjoff delivers a 2-run single to make it 6-0 Big Red!

Edit: Max gets a SB, so he only threw 3 WPs...

Last edited:
Where did this IU catcher learn his form and why would coaches allow that? How did we lose 2 against this team let alone attempting to avoid the sweep today?

It's pretty common now. Griff uses it from time to time & Caron uses it as his primary.

Matthews Ks to end the inning. Sure would have been nice to get to this bullpen a little earlier in the series...

It's pretty common now. Griff uses it from time to time & Caron uses it as his primary.
Interesting. I’ve seen it used time to time. Especially up in the count, but every time seems a tad odd. I’m a proud outfielder so catching was never my position. Ha

Edit: now I’m seeing I may have never noticed before. The Indiana catcher must draw my eyes to it more than Everitt and Caron have. I also don’t watch a lot of games on TV as I’m at most of the home games and this is the first road game I’ve been able to really watch.

6-1 now as Frank allows three consecutive batters to reach after a groundout.

An RBI single makes it 6-2, but NU throws a runner out 7-5 as he slides off the bag. A phantom obstruction call keeps the runner at 3rd. The next batter Ks for out number two.

Kugler and his hack partner have orgasms when Indiana scores.

Gabe Swanson launches one, a no doubter, and the hack says, "just over the LF fence."

Jackson works a walk and advances on a Cervantes SAC bunt. Chick then reaches on a HBP.

Kugler and his hack partner have orgasms when Indiana scores.

Gabe Swanson launches one, a no doubter, and the hack says, "just over the LF fence."
Are they actually at the game or are they calling it remotely? It seems like they're calling it off a monitor and behind a tick.

As a former baseball umpire that interference call was just terrible and wrong!
Seemed like a stretch to me. I honestly think the umpiring crew figured out they made a bad call on the overslide, so they used the interference call as a make-good.

I have to say I’m confused by sacrifice bunting in the 5th inning of a game in which 10 runs were scored in the first 4 innings.

Seemed like a stretch to me. I honestly think the umpiring crew figured out they made a bad call on the overslide, so they used the interference call as a make-good.
Agreed, it looked like he kept his hand on the bag, although that would be a really bad miss when the play happened right in front of him.

Frank locks it back in and tosses a 1-2-3 5th, although he got the benefit of a missed call at 1B.

IU has the bases loaded after a one-out "double" and a couple walks.

Pitching change for NU, Tyler Martin is now in the game.

Martin plunks Whalen on the foot but gets a K and a groundout to limit the damage.

You’d think we were destroying the league and currently in 1st with as many bat flips and plate stomps we take advantage of on every solo homerun.

Jackson reaches on a one-out HBP, Cervantes follows with a base hit to RF.

I'm not a fan either, but if it gets this offense going I don't care.
I feel like we do this in every random game we have the bats going only to fart it away the next midweek game against K State or Omaha. But yes, if the moxie actually leads us to a streak of wins and momentum then so be it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT