ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, April 24th Nebraska at Indiana (Huskers WIN 19-7)

Husker Lineup:

1. Chick - CF
2. Anglim - RF
3. Everitt - C
4. Anderson - 1B
5. Banjoff - LF
6. Matthews - SS
7. Swansen - DH
8. Jackson - 2B
9. Cervantes - 3B
- Frank - RHP

You'd think with the money they put into this park that they would have something setup for a better CF camera location.

Anderson follows with a base hit but he's left stranded as Banjoff pops out to a diving RF.

Out of curiosity who were you hoping for? I’d like to see Brockett in the rotation at some point. But this season is such a disaster in every phase who knows if any of it matters. I’m just hoping to make the Big Ten Tourney at this point.
The radio guys mentioned multiple times that they would have used Olson in relief on Friday in a high leverage situation, hence the TBA x2. If that's the case then I'm curious as to why they didn't start Frank on Friday.

The radio guys mentioned multiple times that they would have used Olson in relief on Friday in a high leverage situation, hence the TBA x2. If that's the case then I'm curious as to why they didn't start Frank on Friday.
Yep. I think it should be Frank, Olson, Brockett at this point. Not sure why we keep wasting our time with Shay. At least they finally moved on from Dawson.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Jackson singles and steals 2nd but is left stranded. Huskers already have 4 Ks through 2 innings...

It's better than the webcam circa 1999 they use on BTN+, but still annoying. At least Kugler is doing play by play.

The Indiana guy did a good job yesterday on BTN+. It's a rarity when the + announcers have an understanding of the game. It's usually "he stole home" when a guy scores on a sac fly or a wild pitch...

The Indiana guy did a good job yesterday on BTN+. It's a rarity when the + announcers have an understanding of the game. It's usually "he stole home" when a guy scores on a sac fly or a wild pitch...
I just can't bring myself to even attempt to listen to BTN+ announcers anymore.

Reactions: Can o' corn
Out of curiosity who were you hoping for? I’d like to see Brockett in the rotation at some point. But this season is such a disaster in every phase who knows if any of it matters. I’m just hoping to make the Big Ten Tourney at this point.

It should've been Frank - Schanaman (I'd habe Olson unless used Friday) - Brockett for the weekend. Koty has been our best, and most consitent arm in 2022. He just tossed a 1-hitter 8 days prior to Friday. Then, he gets bumped to Sunday. It makes absolutely zero sense, with our current (limited) staff.

What message is Brockett getting? Hey man, you've done everything we've asked but not good enough so you're back to the bullpen? It's bullshit. Dude has earned it, just like Frank & Olson.

Reactions: RobsterMobster

Damn, wish I didn't read this. 😠

Chick reaches on a leadoff bunt single. IU goes to RHP Luke Hayden out of the pen.

It should've been Frank - Schanaman (I'd habe Olson unless used Friday) - Brockett for the weekend. Koty has been our best, and most consitent arm in 2022. He just tossed a 1-hitter 8 days prior to Friday. Then, he gets bumped to Sunday. It makes absolutely zero sense, with our current (limited) staff.

What message is Brockett getting? Hey man, you've done everything we've asked but not good enough so you're back to the bullpen? It's bullshit. Dude has earned it, just like Frank & Olson.
Even if they wanted to keep Shay in the rotation, why bump Frank to Sunday when he would have already had an extra day of rest on Friday? I assumed with the double TBA that they were going to use Frank in a Hauptman/Vogt role and impact two games, but again, according to the radio guys it would have been Olson out of the pen.

Chick moves to 3rd on a couple WPs, Anglim walks on four pitches to put runners at the corners.

If Whalen isn't plunked this game then I've lost all respect for Bolt, the entire staff & team.

Anderson grounds into a 6-4-3 double play, but Anglim scores to make it 3-0.

Banjoff walks on four pitches, Matthews follows with a base hit to LF.

Both runners advance on another WP.

Jackson Ks to leave em loaded.

20220424-115724.jpg

Where did this IU catcher learn his form and why would coaches allow that? How did we lose 2 against this team let alone attempting to avoid the sweep today?

Chick draws a one-out walk and steals 2nd. Everitt drills a two-out RBI double down the RF line to extend the lead to 4-0.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT