ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Oregon & Washington to B1G is just about done.

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$.
what's your favorite team?

based on your behavior here (completely obsessed with Nebraska, desperate for attention), I have no doubt it resides in our beloved conference full of molesters, racists, racist molesters and losers

• Love
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
With the TV world shifting to streaming, brand recognition is more important than ever. Instead of relying on large metro area cable packages, TV networks need teams that people will actually watch. Texas, OSU, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame, & Oklahoma are probably the biggest brands in CFB today. Their value & negotiating power is probably the highest it's been in 25 years because of that.

Yeah I would think eventually the Top 25 brand-name football programs will just split from the NCAA and their conferences and start their own league. Seems like they could make way more money that way, than having to split revenue with programs like Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Boston College, Mississippi State, etc.

Yeah exactly. If it made sense the BigTen would add them, but it doesn’t bring enough eyeballs or do anything for the schools recruiting footprint. They aren’t cow tailing to USC.

Oregon and Washington can play in a modified PAC with other Mountain West schools and nobody nationally will bat an eye or care in a few years.
Usc and UCLA better be thankful they're getting the deal they got. Full revenue right away

If I wasn't a native Nebraskan and a born Husker fan, it would be so damn easy to just check out from college football right now and watch the NFL only. Outside of Nebraska football, my interest in college football has never been lower - for example, I used to really care who won the Heisman Trophy every year - now I couldn't care less; I don't even watch the entirety of the national championship game anymore.
That's what the last 20 years has done to us. Time to win meaningful now

Usc and UCLA better be thankful they're getting the deal they got. Full revenue right away
They are delivering the 2nd largest TV market in the country and access to more HS talent than any other state in the conference by a country mile. Without them Nebraska wouldn’t be making near what they will be making in this next deal.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
Yah I think wishing to be in the B12 is unwise. The modern economy is built around social media and brand name recognition and having a league where your high end option is TCU or Cinci is probably not going to be kind in the long run.

You can make all kinds of slams that these teams do outperform B10 teams but that’s sort of a logical fallacy to begin with. The teams we have been watching lately have been competing on more or less equal footing froma league perspective. This may not be the case going forward.

If the Big and the SEC end up as the only two ways into a playoff, one could reasonably expect that the talent that makes some of these middling brands in the B12 competitive will leave for higher tier waters in the B10 and SEC even if it’s not at blue blood schools. Teams like Illinois and even Nebraska will probably start pulling in receruits that might have otherwise gone to ASU or Cinci and been stars, but serve to either fill out our roster with quality depth or Star here instead.

It seems reasonable to expect that some of these non-name programs in the B12 will take a step back, despite their desire to win football at all costs (in some cases) if the B12 is no longer a top league. Basketball I don’t expect to be affected so much because the tournament has a very broad reach.

The Big 12 will be second only to the SEC in mens sports. We would have been better off staying.
BUT not in the revenue sports that matter IF you want to be competitive in media dollars to be able to keep investing in your programs.

How bad must the Pac 12 tv deal be for Washington and Oregon to take $30 million from the Big 10 be happy about it?
Don't forget they will be growing into a full B1G revenue share over the next few years. Their future is very bright (revenue wise).

Don't forget they will be growing into a full B1G revenue share over the next few years. Their future is very bright (revenue wise).
Only increases $1 million per year until 2030. Then will be full share when current deal expires. So there is no guarantee they will ever make more than 40 million per, depending on what the new deal brings in 2030

No SEC or Big Ten teams are going to schedule Notre Dame now. There is no point for anyone to schedule a challenging out-of-conference game.

Plus everyone wants Notre Dame to join their conference. And you’re not applying the appropriate pressure by giving them P5 match ups for free. If you want more marquee games domers, you need to get on board.

That being said they’ll probably get into the new 12 team playoff as long as they win 10 games, regardless of schedule strength. They’ll rarely be a top seed, but they’ll get in the tournament.

That being said they’ll probably get into the new 12 team playoff as long as they win 10 games, regardless of schedule strength. They’ll rarely be a top seed, but they’ll get in the tournament.
I doubt the BIG / SEC / and whatever is cobbled together out of the ACC- B12 / superconferences make a seat at the table for ND in a post season tournament at the expense of one of their own teams.

I doubt the BIG / SEC / and whatever is cobbled together out of the ACC- B12 / superconferences make a seat at the table for ND in a post season tournament at the expense of one of their own teams.

Well, as of right now, the 12 team model is suppose to include the 5 p5 champions and 7 “at large” teams. Now that format will need to be tweaked now that the PAC 12 is dead. But in the end, if they exclude independents from being an at large bid they would be specifically targeting ND to force them to join a conference. Would seem unfair to include other non-p5 schools as potential at large bids but to exclude independents. But if they wanna play hardball with ND that’s what they should do. But I don’t really think they’ll go that route. I’m guessing they’ll give ND the golden parachute, cause that’s what CFB has always done. I guess we’ll see…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT