ADVERTISEMENT

Something going down today?

So we have a choice between Matt the spitter and the ever-sweating Patterson?

I don't want Patterson, he's already 62 years old and this job is gonna require a really high energy level.
We've cornered the market on the guys that have perpetual meat sweats. (Throwing Burnt Enema in there, b/c he seems to be on many wishlist). If any of those guys land here, they should sell Big Red Mumus.

Also, seeing Monken's name in that report, made me throw up in my mouth a little. The triple-option freaks just may get their wish. Might as well go independent and play a round-robin home/away with the service academies and invite The citadel. Start raiding the Dakota's, Wyoming and 8-Man football to keep the stream of underrated "diamond in the rough" try hards that are deciding whether to walk on at a NAIA school or fondly remember when they could throw a pigskin a quarter-mile or when they scored 4 touchdowns in a single game for Polk High.

Just sharing info that’s already out there. Not pretending to be some sort of insider or big time booster, that would be you know….sad and pathetic.
I like you. For your 40,000th post I am making sure there is a celebration. Make it a good troll post.

Whoever gets hired should appreciate the incredibly low bar that has been set. Any average coach with a pulse should avoid a losing season at a program like Nebraska that also includes some cupcakes on every schedule. You'd have to almost try to have a losing record. What a bunch of fu**ing clowns.

If Trev absolutely thinks that Mickey is the man for the job, today might be the best time to hire him. He might have planned it for the Sunday after Purdue IF they got a W. Three straight wins after OU - 'I've seen enough, here is our new coach.'

However, he now has to see the real possibility of losing out, especially if Casey's injury is nagging or even season ending. Hiring him after a 6-game losing streak would be difficult. Better to do it now, put the losses on Frost, and declare that the rest of the season is about getting a base to build on, not wins or losses.
This is insane. I hope this kind of thinking is in the minority.

Please not Gary Patterson.
All those TCU guys today were recruited by Gary.
FdC5RjZagAI7C1f

Does that mean that he did not develop them correctly?
TCU fans would tell you he never adjusted his offenses to today's up-tempo game. I only point out that recruiting was never his problem. And that subject seems to be dear to the heart of Husker fans, Jimmys and Joes.

Reactions: Truewooper
I would be shocked if it's not MJ.

I do think there is other interest and Trev has at least 3 candidates to consider.

It also makes sense to make an announcement now, before it gets too late into November.

I can see an announcement coming over the next 3 days. I guess pick your window, cause there are ways to justify doing it on Fri-Sat-or-Sun.

If it turns out to not be MJ, I'm going to be really disappointed.. I will try to give the new coach a fair shake whomever he is, but I just don't see that happening.

Too much has already been invested for Trev to just blow it all up, unless he doesn't like the direction MJ wants to go with coordinators etc.

Trev and MJ have a great relationship, and Trev would have to roll the dice on another guy that he may or may not get along with or see things in similar ideology or the Nebraska way. Those are big risks to anyone looking to hire someone they don't know over someone that they do know.
The "Nebraska Way" is dead. Give me an outsider. Josh Heupel has no connection to Tennessee. Nick Saban is from West Virginia. Get the best damn coach you can. I dont give a damn if it's a big name or not. Lance Leipold can coach Willie Fritz at Tulane can coach. Klieman can coach. Matt Rhule is a big name but he can coach. He has 10 win seasons at freaking Baylor and Temple. How do you get anyone excited about a guy that goes 2-7 as an Interim head coach? Trev sees the writing on the wall. Now is the time to hire the next coach. We are about to get boat raced the next 4 games. The Mickey experiment is over.

We've cornered the market on the guys that have perpetual meat sweats. (Throwing Burnt Enema in there, b/c he seems to be on many wishlist). If any of those guys land here, they should sell Big Red Mumus.

Also, seeing Monken's name in that report, made me throw up in my mouth a little. The triple-option freaks just may get their wish. Might as well go independent and play a round-robin home/away with the service academies and invite The citadel. Start raiding the Dakota's, Wyoming and 8-Man football to keep the stream of underrated "diamond in the rough" try hards that are deciding whether to walk on at a NAIA school or fondly remember when they could throw a pigskin a quarter-mile or when they scored 4 touchdowns in a single game for Polk High.
Perhaps my biggest pet peeves about Husker fans that know nothing about football is the proclamation that 1) Nebraska needs more homegrown walk ons and needs to not worry about stars 2) Nebraska needs to return to the old triple option.

Reactions: headcard
The "Nebraska Way" is dead. Give me an outsider. Josh Heupel has no connection to Tennessee. Nick Saban is from West Virginia. Get the best damn coach you can. I dont give a damn if it's a big name or not. Lance Leipold can coach Willie Fritz at Tulane can coach. Klieman can coach. Matt Rhule is a big name but he can coach. He has 10 win seasons at freaking Baylor and Temple. How do you get anyone excited about a guy that goes 2-7 as an Interim head coach? Trev sees the writing on the wall. Now is the time to hire the next coach. We are about to get boat raced the next 4 games. The Mickey experiment is over.
As an outsider, I tend to agree with this. MJ doesn't have the presence, nor the record. You're not getting Klieman away from AD Gene Taylor, I've already explained this to you. But Matt Rhule is setting there with a sparkling, proven collegiate record. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I'm in the process of writing a 200+ page work, have developed a dozen completely novel insights in that work and will probably win a Nobel prize as a result.
Is that work detailed what it takes to be a Class C high school football position coach?😉

As an outsider, I tend to agree with this. MJ doesn't have the presence, nor the record. You're not getting Klieman away from AD Gene Taylor, I've already explained that to you. But Matt Rhule is setting there with a sparkling, proven collegiate record. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
I would take Klieman but he's not someone I would go after if I were Trev. Rhule is the obvious choice. It's out there now that there is mutual interest. He's a B1G guy. Coached on both sides of the ball. Knows how to recruit guys that fit his scheme and develops them. NFL experience. Young. Would probably only leave us for Penn State and Franklin is going to be there another 10 years at least.

TCU fans would tell you he never adjusted his offenses to today's up-tempo game. I only point out that recruiting was never his problem. And that subject seems to be dear to the heart of Husker fans, Jimmys and Joes.
Gotcha recruiting is something that Nebraska fans like to focus on. It does not really seem to be the problem. Even Bo had decent classes and from what I heard he was basically just asking guys if they were interested and if they said no he would just cross their names off.

Obviously, you have Bill Callahan level classes that knock your socks off. And then others, and I know that at the very top level you have to have top 10ish classes. But at the level Nebraska is at we just need to get our 20ish classes keep the players we get and then actually develop them. Then when we get Bo Pelini good, we need to worry about top 5 classes, scheme etc.

I think Frost might have been the worst Nebraska coach at development. Mike Riley developed receivers and not much else that I remember and kept more players than SF. Bo developed DBs, RBs, some WRs at least. And made sure his OL and QBs did not play worse than their freshman years. DE's, DT's, and LBs were real hit and miss.

Develop and retain what you have and slip in a few good portal players with NIL.

Perhaps my biggest pet peeves about Husker fans that know nothing about football is the proclamation that 1) Nebraska needs more homegrown walk ons and needs to not worry about stars 2) Nebraska needs to return to the old triple option.
How many Husker fans are advocating for those two things? Not many I would guess.

Reactions: timnsun
He was 21-22 his last 4 years at TCU. It kind of feels like the game has passed him by.
If he could keep Mickey and then get someone like Bo or even Bo as the D Coordinator and Rich Rodriguez as Offensive Coordinator we could be chasing Ohio St for the top spot.

If he could keep Mickey and then get someone like Bo or even Bo as the D Coordinator and Rich Rodriguez as Offensive Coordinator we could be chasing Ohio St for the top spot.

Bo was brutal at LSU and basically got Ed O fired, but I agree with the premise. If we hire Mickey we have to pay up for coordinators, like $2-3M to get guys like Will Muschamp and Garrett Riley.

Bo was brutal at LSU and basically got Ed O fired, but I agree with the premise. If we hire Mickey we have to pay up for coordinators, like $2-3M to get guys like Will Muschamp and Garrett Riley.
No thanks on Muschamp. He's over the hill. I'd rather have Garrett Riley for HC and Mickey for OC.

If you're close to the program, can you punch sack duvall in the scrotum or give him a bag of botulism-tainted taco John's for sucking so bad?
Please do not bring Bo back. He treated a lot of us who tried to help like crap

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT