ADVERTISEMENT

So, Nebraska is a flip phone? Who'da thunk it!

Bugeater

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Surprise, AZ via North Platte
Says Corey Clement:

"It's like, you've got an iPhone. Then you got a flip phone," Clement told reporters. "You see all these great features the iPhone can do, and then you look at the flip phone, which phone are you going to go with? I'm going with the iPhone. That's how I compare Wisconsin to Nebraska. Nebraska is a flip phone (laughs with reporters), and Wisconsin is an iPhone.

"So, I mean, I'm like, mom, I want to go the Apple store. I don't want to go to the Sprint store. So, who wouldn't want to go with what is best at that moment?"

He can check his phone choice after the season. He has to say something to make some noise for the school and himself. Not a great analogy but then at least he could get admitted to Wisky I guess, right?

Says Corey Clement:

"It's like, you've got an iPhone. Then you got a flip phone," Clement told reporters. "You see all these great features the iPhone can do, and then you look at the flip phone, which phone are you going to go with? I'm going with the iPhone. That's how I compare Wisconsin to Nebraska. Nebraska is a flip phone (laughs with reporters), and Wisconsin is an iPhone.

"So, I mean, I'm like, mom, I want to go the Apple store. I don't want to go to the Sprint store. So, who wouldn't want to go with what is best at that moment?"
Um, can't you get an IPhone at the Sprint store? What a dumb analogy.

This got me so amped up yesterday. I can't wait for Colins to get his hands on him. Wiscy just has this cocky arrogance to them. Same attitude as Texas in a lot of ways. Just want to smash it down their throat. Can't wait for the season.

Says Corey Clement:

Obviously not a pre-med major.

Had to look up who he was. I don't think that will change in the coming years.

He's actually a very good back. And will probably give us fits this year. We recruited him and he made a visit....I'm sure he had a great time but chose to go with Wiscy instead.

tumblr_mhtlc4ceCM1roixiho1_r1_250.gif

I tell you folks...I can't remember the last time I was this amped for a season to start. Don't get me wrong, I'm jumping out of my skin every year, but this one just feels different. Could be due to me joining this board and engaging in my first Iowa smack talk lol. Just ready to see this team play.

Reactions: dockentwo
we need to prove things on the field -- when compared to Wisconsin on the field a "flip - phone" may have been generous - Nebraska has looke more akin to 2 tin cans with a string tied between them against Wisconsin

Wonder what they were thinking when we jumped up big on them on their field in the first half last year; great effort by our guys. Unfortunately; they had superior coaching and adjusted and ours couldn't - but that was last year, our coaching is much improved ( most at head coach I assume ). They do have a much easier B1G schedule, so that helps them.

2 things:
1. Great job by Apple marketing based on these comments
2. I hope our fans can "flip"-out vs them Oct 10th...give them something special. Let's not forget this comment.

Wisky sures talks like it wants a rival (reminds me of the Buffs & Missou). However, not much to say here until we run them over a time or two...

GBR

The IPhone 6 has lots of great features.

Unfortunately for Clement and Wisconsin, going online and finding a photo of the Badgers National Title Trophy case isn't one of those features.

My guess is that when the IPhone 10 comes out that still won't be one of it's features either.

Reactions: arf_man
I got my IPhone from the Sprint Store and sometimes yearn for the simple days of the flip phone....maybe even the bag phone....

Says Corey Clement:

Yo, Corey....go to the Sprint store (like I did) and get a REAL Phone.....NEXUS 6.

Peace, out.

the ball is in coach riley's court to prove him wrong.

I got my IPhone from the Sprint Store and sometimes yearn for the simple days of the flip phone....maybe even the bag phone....
I still carry a rugged flip phone. It does everything I need it to do. It's tougher than hell. Takes drops on to concrete and plunges in to water and other disgusting wet stuff. In summary tougher than hell, gets the job done, and never crashes. I'll take that from our football team.

I still carry a rugged flip phone. It does everything I need it to do. It's tougher than hell. Takes drops on to concrete and plunges in to water and other disgusting wet stuff. In summary tougher than hell, gets the job done, and never crashes. I'll take that from our football team.

But..... how are the alt uni's? Are those flip phone, or iPhone?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT