ADVERTISEMENT

Schanaman Friday & Perry Saturday

I don’t follow the baseball recruiting but are any of the freshman gonna be competing for the 3rd spot?

I don’t follow the baseball recruiting but are any of the freshman gonna be competing for the 3rd spot?

Jaxon Jelkin from Bellevue West is the likely candidate of all the freshmen for a weekend spot. Jelkin & GCU transfer McCarville are the 2 that were mentioned to me once fall ball ended. Koty Frank was thrown around as well but he's so valuable out of the pen.

LHP true freshmen Jackson Brockett had a huge fall as well but I dont see coach Bolt going LHP-LHP back to back on the weekend. We're still limited with LHP's. Christo got lit up, pretty much every outing. I can't imagine he'll start the season as a weekend guy. If so, then he made tremendous strides in 2 months which would be remarkable.

We'll find out soon enough!

Last edited:
Jaxon Jelkin from Bellevue West is the likely candidate of all the freshmen for a weekend spot. Jelkin & GCU transfer McCarville are the 2 that were mentioned to me once fall ball ended. Koty Frank was thrown around as well but he's so valuable out of the pen.

LHP true freshmen Jackson Brockett had a huge fall as well but I dont see coach Bolt going LHP-LHP back to back on the weekend. We're still limited with LHP's. Christo got lit up, pretty much every outing. I can't imagine he'll start the season as a weekend guy. If so, then he made tremendous strides in 2 months which would be remarkable.

We'll find out soon enough!
If I were a betting man I’d put my money on McCarville as the Sunday guy. That’s an uneducated guess but do feel his experience wins out.

Another poster mentioned he would play some 1st and it didn’t make any sense to me but it sounds like it was for depth reasons?

Likely because Gomes always tells people he's gonna play 1st. Decision wasn't fully made till the guys came back from break.

Steihl with some type of injury, not sure when it happened, and a bad fall. Anderson struggled over there which is mind boggling so we're left with Gomes, who has never hit the ball well at any point in his life, as a possible option after not swinging it for 2.5 years.

Yuck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT