ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, April 9th: Nebraska vs Rutgers (Huskers lose 5-4)

Chick has seemed to find his stride since conference play has started.

12-32 (.375), 7 BB, 2 HBP, 12 K in last 10 games.

Major props to him, hope it continues.

Reactions: sklarbodds
I like Matthews but man he had a brutal game today.

Gomes K’d in a big spot but I’m still glad to see him in there instead of Steil. Bolt sees something in Steil that I don’t.

Last edited:
Bolt sees something in Steil that I don’t.

I'm with you, but my guess is Paulie is a questionable baseball guy, and Gomes may hang it up after this season. Most likely trying to get Steil as many opportunities as possible. I haven't heard anything about looking for a 1B at the JUCO level (another 2B/SS/3B - we're watching a few from JUCO) or haven't heard anything from the portal or interest in that route.

We've tried quite a few guys there in the fall and practices, none have caught on.

Harvell, SOAFB, down 2 with Anglim & Wimmers due up.

Actually don't blame him, we struggle with RISP.
Sometimes when you struggle offensively coaches try to make stuff happen that isn’t always there and when they do it can make it worse. I am sure lh was going off this years history. I’ve been there it can be a tough situation.

Reactions: Hskrbsbl2020
Sometimes when you struggle offensively coaches try to make stuff happen that isn’t always there and when they do it can make it worse. I am sure lh was going off this years history. I’ve been there it can be a tough situation.

Agree, which is why I struck the comment. Really can't blame him, and don't have an issue with his decision, hindsight completely got me.

Agree, which is why I struck the comment. Really can't blame him, and don't have an issue with his decision, hindsight completely got me.
I wasn’t going against anyone that was second guessing the move more or less trying to show the other side of it. I know that you understand baseball in and out. How many times have we left people at 3rd w one out, that plays a part for sure. Hopefully they take game 3 today although it’s going to be a hitters day more than likely show I hope the bats show up and Dawson gets us off to a good start.

He had a chance to show it in the B4 of game 3 and noodled it to the plate from short CF.
I assume you were at the game -- because on the BTN feed cut away from the throw to home plate as the ball was released and you could certainly not see if it was "noodled"; you could only see that the catcher did not make a play on the ball. He has one of the best arms of any outfielder in the BIG 10.

I assume you were at the game -- because on the BTN feed cut away from the throw to home plate as the ball was released and you could certainly not see if it was "noodled"; you could only see that the catcher did not make a play on the ball. He has one of the best arms of any outfielder in the BIG 10.

Yes, I was at the game. He was in short CF & Nebraska scored. Easily. He noodled it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT