ADVERTISEMENT

QB NIL valuations

Tetonia

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2022
Know y’all are sick of me railing on this, and it nauseates me, too, but the numbers are staggering…

Top 25 teams starting QB’s have NIL valuations range from (lowest) was K State’s Will Howard, $299k. And this includes TULANE’s QB, $450k. Top 10 guys are all north of $1M, for the most part. Two schools didn’t publish, Utah and KU. Anyone wanna guess how much Haarberg and Sims are worth? Our starting QB’s valuation is one Third that of the lowest paid QB in the top 25. And it’s NOT because we don’t have the funds.

This isn’t a tough problem, Husker fans. It’s our program’s current Philosophy that is.

You would feel better if we were paying these guys a fortune? Like that would make them better players.
No, we’re paying them their market value. Would be idiotic to pay them more. We need to pay for better athletes…. Cuz that’s what EVERY RANKED TEAM IS DOING.

Reactions: svannewkirk
maxresdefault.jpg

A lot of these guys aren’t winning many games. Some aren’t even playing.

For sure! Players will be busts. Doesn’t change the fact that EVERY ranked team is paying their QB’s EXPONENTIALLY more than we are. Add a Zero in a lot of cases. And that’s just QB’s.

Sure. But that wasn’t the reality of our off season. Posting a list showing what Caleb Williams and Bo Nix are making is just silly. It’s not like we could go get those guy if we just pony up the dough.
I have no idea if that's true, did anyone ask? Has anyone bothered to call someone like Arch Manning just to see? It's a free for all now, why not at least ask what it would take? We also don't know that someone DIDN'T do this, maybe we've asked? I have no idea...hopefully we're exploring everything.

I live right by an Amigos and the thought of basically having a 125K gift card to that place, well, my god, that would be amazing.
Pay them back $10k for 24 hour use of their toilet so you can save your plumbing.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
Sure. But that wasn’t the reality of our off season. Posting a list showing what Caleb Williams and Bo Nix are making is just silly. It’s not like we could go get those guy if we just pony up the dough.
Maybe not a heisman candidate, but we could easily find a helluva lot better. TULANE is paying $450k for theirs. They’re also ranked and undefeated. Couple mil on a handful of skill positions would dramatically change the look of our team.

And they’re wanting $450M for obesity seats.

Last edited:
Maybe not a heisman candidate, but we could easily find a helluva lot better. TULANE is paying $450 for theirs. Couple mil on a handful of skill positions would dramatically change the look of our team.

And they’re wanting $450M for obesity seats.
This is exactly right. They are being pennywise and pound foolish, they need to get the product on the field right. When winning is happening, nobody complains about seat width. When the team is garbage, all of a sudden the prices are too high, the seats are too narrow, the guy next to you is annoying, and the sun is always in your eyes. If the product on the field is something people want to see, you could play at Doane and be fine.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
This is exactly right. They are being pennywise and pound foolish, they need to get the product on the field right. When winning is happening, nobody complains about seat width. When the team is garbage, all of a sudden the prices are too high, the seats are too narrow, the guy next to you is annoying, and the sun is always in your eyes. If the product on the field is something people want to see, you could play at Doane and be fine.
This is really pretty accurate.

They're worried about the wrong things and have been for quite some time.

They're worried about the wrong things and have been for quite some time.
The refusal to pony up something similar to comparable schools (we’ll never have ‘Texas Money’) is just a concern. Rhule is obviously a great and successful coach; I just don’t understand the logic. We’re not on a level playing field.

Quinn Ewers - having a good season before injury. He could very well play in the plyoffs.

Penix & Williams are very good. Obviously Caleb has a heisman. Penix has a good shot at the playoffs

Marvin Harrison is elite. Had a big day. Dark horse heisman candidate

Bo Nix is having a great season. Could make the playoff

drake Maye is probably the first QB taken in next years draft. We are 8-1 with him at QB

Travis Hunter is a first round draft pick CB.
Evan Stewart is young and started out solid before his injury.

Sanders and Manning deals are on the coattails of their family name.

So 7 out of 10 are bad asses. 1 is injured and young but was showing ability.

And the other twos value comes from more than playing ability

Yeah, I think the money is worth it

Last edited:
Reactions: V-Doub and Tetonia
Quinn Ewers - having a good season before injury. He could very well play in the plyoffs.

Penix & Williams are very good. Obviously Caleb has a heisman. Penix has a good shot at the playoffs

Marvin Harrison is elite. Had a big day. Dark horse heisman candidate

Bo Nix is having a great season. Could make the playoff

drake Maye is probably the first QB taken in next years draft. We are 8-1 with him at QB

Travis Hunter is a first round draft pick CB.
Evan Stewart is young and started out solid before his injury.

Sanders and Manning deals are on the coattails of their family name.

So 7 out of 10 are bad asses. 1 is injured and young but was showing ability.

And the other twos value comes from more than playing ability

Yeah, I think the money is worth it
One elite player can change a team. Need an elite QB, couple stud OL’s who can move their feet and a Proven WR, with This coaching staff, could compete. ~$2M. Doesn’t seem much to ask, given what they’re asking for, IMHO

Reactions: ADV1
Been saying this for awhile, we need to up our NIL game considerably. We need to start meeting and/or beating the estimated market value for these top recruits and transfers. It’s a new land$cape and money is driving it. We don’t have to like it, but if we want to win at the highest level, we’re gonna have to play the same game as the big boys. The unfortunate reality is no top recruit is choosing us (except maybe some in state kids) if we don’t match, or beat the competitions offer.

Very few people in life are willing to take less money to go and work for an upstart company and these kids are no different. Kids that are not from here are not coming here for less money. Period.

There are reasons our boosters of substance want to spend on construction projects and not on NIL. They know NIL money would more directly correlate with winning, but that isn't the only factor being considered and I don't expect it to change any time soon. That's about all I'm going to say about the financials and the politics of it all. If you want NIL at Nebraska, it would need to come from average fans and so far there hasn't been the will or organization enough to do so.

Reactions: dinglefritz
There are reasons our boosters of substance want to spend on construction projects and not on NIL. They know NIL money would more directly correlate with winning, but that isn't the only factor being considered and I don't expect it to change any time soon. That's about all I'm going to say about the financials and the politics of it all.
There is a risk in using a 18-22 year old to promote your business.

There is a risk in using a 18-22 year old to promote your business.
Definitely. Definitely. Definitely a response from someone unfamiliar with the times.

Let me introduce you to something called social media. Let me introduce you to TikTok and instagram. Youth promotion is at its height.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT