ADVERTISEMENT

Portal time. NU and others

I was doing some research using the Knight-Newhouse College Athletics Database to calculate the profit of Division I public athletic programs. I was trying to learn how many programs turned a profit in 2020 (the 2021 COVID year was not used .,.
So you're saying data reported in 2020 which technically would have been the 2019 year??

Because I think they're a year in arrears. Right?

so Colorado is going for all the mentally defective players

9U3u.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Laner2
Cause 2020 was a huge financial loss. No non-conference and no attendance allowed
yes. but he excluded the 2020/covid impact per his comments. it's confusing because of fiscal v. calender year reporting. something reported for 2020 would be the fiscal year 2019-2020/july '19 through june '20.

Is this kid dumb enough to know that it is going to hurt his draft stock being such a bad teammate? I hope he gets rocked all year because I can't wait to hear the excuses. Teams have tape now.
Shedeur led the country in sacks last year - 52 in 11 games

Reactions: leodisflowers
And that seemed like without bringing a ton of pressure.

Or maybe their was and I just don't really remember.
considering Sanders went 31-42 for 393 yards, 2 TD and 0 INT, I would hope we were bringing the house

however, I don't recall that being the case

they carved us up any which way they wanted

considering Sanders went 31-42 for 393 yards, 2 TD and 0 INT, I would hope we were bringing the house

I don’t remember us getting to him much in the second half when he burned our secondary.

Reactions: king_kong_
yes. but he excluded the 2020/covid impact per his comments. it's confusing because of fiscal v. calender year reporting. something reported for 2020 would be the fiscal year 2019-2020/july '19 through june '20.

OK so I went to your site(Knight-Newhouse by Syracuse and the Knight Commission) vs the Equity in Athletics (the US Dept of Ed.) to compare. They both basically report the same thing but you need to peel the onion back in both to really get to the meat. The EADE has a supplemental page that explains the report. The Knight-Newhouse, you have to check mark specifics otherwise it only gives you summary. If you customize it and compare KSu and NU it's very interesting. Yes you are right in your numbers that KSU had a net profit to the athletic department of roughly 7 million while NU only netted roughly 4 million. You're doing a tap dance now because you made more money than NU.

Total Revenue
KSU 102,332,761
NU 204,831,356

Total Expenses
KSU 95,281,944
NU 200,870,384

As Lee Corso would say, "not so fast my friend". Like I said, peel the onion back. Knight-Newhouse also notes the following in compairing the 2.

Excess Transfer Back to Institution
KSU 0
NU 10,000,000

Admin/support/compensation/severance
KSU 18,706,402
NU 40,581,655 * Thank you Scott Frost

Debt Service
KSU 2,778,477
NU 22,971,152

Athletic Debt
KSU 102,701,566
NU 40,868,156

So in comparison, NU actually netted at a minimum 14 million but are also at a rocket pace of debt reduction of an additional 20 million in which debt would be completely paid in under 2 years where as K state is on the 50 year plan. Also, barring Rhule being fired anytime soon, Admin cost should come down as well. Also, TV revenue will be increasing but so will travel with the addition of Pac schools but I like our position.

Feel free to pick apart the numbers and you can compare the 2 schools side by side on the Knight-Newhouse site. They just looked funny when I saw what you had posted when what I had seen from EADE earlier this year had NU at around 32 million in excess revenue after expenses.

EDIT: This is using most recent fiscal year data.

holy moly, i never even looked at the nebraska numbers. as a catholic, i swear on my soul, i didn't look and didn't compare other than to note what i already knew that k-state ran it's operations in the black and so did a number of others but by far they were in the minority.

A good chunk thanks to butterfingers

Really, no way that could happen again, right?

I was so deflated.

The GM of the radio station I play on in a CU grad. We had an annual bet until we left Big 12, now it is just when we play.

I have to win the bet this year, I just have to.

Last year our News Director was a CU grad as well. She is gone, so my exposure is half.

The bet is $10 and bragging rights. I am bankrupt on bragging rights.

holy moly, i never even looked at the nebraska numbers. as a catholic, i swear on my soul, i didn't look and didn't compare other than to note what i already knew that k-state ran it's operations in the black and so did a number of others but by far they were in the minority.
You didn't use a capital C. You got some time in purgatory coming your way. But then again you do live in it already 😅🤪. Just kidding, well kinda 😉

cold and rainy. you're not missin' much other than watching them spray for curly-leaf pondweed. that's always exciting for us even though you don't have a clue wth i'm writing about.
Dadgummit it rains everywhere but thayer county

Reactions: Baxter48
but you missed. i'm at the minnesota lake cottage now. lol.
361630603_298759989190008_8409634425412739957_n.jpg
I do not have a Lake Cottage, but have been able to live in Kodiak, Alaska for over 36 years now.

I do not have your cash, but I did fulfill my life by living out my dream of 7 years old, and made it to Alaska.

College towns, pffft, but even in Kodiak;

KSucks!

Reactions: WHCSC
I do not have a Lake Cottage, but have been able to live in Kodiak, Alaska for over 36 years now.

I do not have your cash, but I did fulfill my life by living out my dream of 7 years old, and made it to Alaska.

College towns, pffft, but even in Kodiak;

KSucks!
i spent some time in alaska during the commercial days. it's longer away than most people think until they take the ride, mine by air.

most people up there wouldn't leave. but most visiting can't figure out why.

i remember an officer telling me at eielson that he could throw a cup of coffee in the air and it would freeze dry before hitting the ground when it was -40. i never was sure if he was pulling my leg or not.

the kenai king salmon were good. tasty. but wth, the catch and immediately net? nah. and halibut are like dragging a garbage can lid from the bottom. give me 'sota walleye and crappie, thank you.

do keep the russians at bay though, please.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: huskerfan66
i spent some time in alaska during the commercial days. it's longer away than most people think until they take the ride, mine by air.

most people up there wouldn't leave. but most visiting can't figure out why.

i remember an officer telling me at eielson that he could throw a cup of coffee in the air and it would freeze dry before hitting the ground when it was -40. i never was sure if he was pulling my leg or not.

the kenai king salmon were good. tasty. but wth, the catch and immediately net? nah. and halibut are like dragging a garbage can lid from the bottom. give me 'sota walleye and crappie, thank you.

do keep the russians at bay though, please.
I first moved to Fairbanks in 1984, Kodiak in 1988.

Coldest I saw in the 4 years was -55. Was brutal, but what I wanted to experience. Outfit I was working for got a job in Kodiak in 1987, and asked me to join the following spring, early June here, and I never have left.

Permanent habitation here for over 7,500 years shows a long term agreement with my decision to live here.

It is just so amazing to see bears and orcas.

Orcas do not come ashore, only devil Stellars sealions.

So today is the portal deadline, correct?? Deadline to enter?? When is the deadline to get chosen? What happens if no one takes you and original school doesn't want you?

Much of that was compliments of our offense turning the ball over and giving them more possessions than was necessary.

If you take those 1-2-3 play drives where we coughed it up, and make then 6-7-8 or 9-10 play drives, CU doesn't have the ball enough for him to throw it 42 times. Eventually, the D wore down and the elevation got to us as it usually does on defense when they're throwing it most of the time.

We just sucked on offense last year and killed ourselves with turnovers, against almost everybody.

It's a new year, I hope the hell they've cleaned that shit up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT