ADVERTISEMENT

Portal time. NU and others

Didn't a lot of people on here say that last year before they beat us?
Well if you didn't happen to notice we weren't a very good team last year so we hardly provided any measuring stick. But beating us didn't make Colorado a good team if you look at their final W-L tally for the season.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Well if you didn't happen to notice we weren't a very good team last year so we hardly provided any measuring stick. But beating us didn't make Colorado a good team if you look at their final W-L tally for the season.
They didn't get better as the season went on. In fact they probably were better at the beginning. That's my point.

This is true only for this offseason. We have lost many contributors in recent years to transfer. AM2, Wandale, Casey Rogers, etc. I would also caution that this offseason is not over, the portal is still open, and we are over on scholarships.
Amart was likely a mutual parting. Comparing Frost players to Rhule players during the NIL era doesn't work.

Does anybody but Rhule really know if we are over? Several recruits from the last class indicated they are walk-ons who got a very attractive NIL package. No reason to believe the same isn't true for older players past the 4 year Big 10 guarantee.

Of we will have people leave after the spring. What matters is were they going to contribute.

Going to be interesting. Thursday night game. I personally think NDSU is on the decline, but they are still a tough out.
At their level, NDSU is somewhat plug and play. They know what they are doing. If CU doesn’t have their shit together, they could lose.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Amart was likely a mutual parting. Comparing Frost players to Rhule players during the NIL era doesn't work.

Does anybody but Rhule really know if we are over? Several recruits from the last class indicated they are walk-ons who got a very attractive NIL package. No reason to believe the same isn't true for older players past the 4 year Big 10 guarantee.

Of we will have people leave after the spring. What matters is were they going to contribute.
Likely mutual parting.
Only Rhule knows, we can’t know.
Only non-contributors will leave.

A combo of wishful thinking and head in the sand.

Likely mutual parting.
Only Rhule knows, we can’t know.
Only non-contributors will leave.

A combo of wishful thinking and head in the sand.
So just to be clear, you are claiming NU is a farm team based on players that last played for NU in 2020, 2021, and 2022, under a previous regime?

I never said only non-contributors would leave. It will only be an issue if they do, and until they do than we aren't a farm team. We played a ton of young players and amazingly for a farm team, we didn't lose any good ones during the winter portal period. That screams to me we are a hunter, not prey.

We need that guy bad imo.. he would be an immediate difference maker for the mostly bunk running back room that we currently have. Must Get!!!!

highlights
Not sure how long he would stay if he did come here. He originally committed to K-State. He later flipped to Notre Dame. Then just before signing day, he flipped again and signed with Colorado. Now he is leaving Colorado after one year. But you take him if you can get him and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Reminds me a little of Mo Washington... Hopefully minus the character issues. But you gotta take a dude like Edwards or Washington if you get the chance!

Reactions: Huskers123456
Not sure how long he would stay if he did come here. He originally committed to K-State. He later flipped and committed to Notre Dame. Then just before signing day, he flipped again and signed with Colorado. Now he is leaving Colorado after one year. But you take him if you can get him and hope for the best.
Dudes a flake, I’ll pass. With Dowdell now in the room, and Emmett a year wiser, I feel like we have a good top two… even with health questions on Rahmir and Gabe. I’d rather have a good HS commit like Jamarion Parker.

KSU if I'm not mistaken has a senior RB who rushed for 1200+ yards last season... Be interesting to see what Edwards decides....
actually, d.j. giddens is a junior this fall. local kid from junction city, ks. it's expected that he will leave for the nfl draft after this season.

bill snyder took a few home state transfer youngsters that turned out well including arthur brown (tennessee).

Dudes a flake, I’ll pass. With Dowdell now in the room, and Emmett a year wiser, I feel like we have a good top two… even with health questions on Rahmir and Gabe. I’d rather have a good HS commit like Jamarion Parker.
I think you are going to be disappointed in Dowdell unless he changes his game in a hurry. EJ is the only real know commodity at this point and any help would be fantastic. Ervin, RJ and Ives are all huge question marks. We should try to get another back or 3 in here ASAP if available.

I think you are going to be disappointed in Dowdell unless he changes his game in a hurry. EJ is the only real know commodity at this point and any help would be fantastic. Ervin, RJ and Ives are all huge question marks. We should try to get another back or 3 in here ASAP if available.
I disagree. He hits the hole and gets upfield quickly. And has nice speed. I like his highlights. Nothing is guaranteed but I think Dowdell will do well here.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I disagree. He hits the hole and gets upfield quickly. And has nice speed. I like his highlights. Nothing is guaranteed but I think Dowdell will do well here.
His HS highlights are not exactly what he is right now. From someone I know who has seen him in practice, he is struggling pretty hard finding the hole. Big back, but also not great vision as of now. Also, my old boss is a heavy donor at Oregon. He was buried on the depth chart because of what I said above and also he does not have good speed.

I hope NU can develop him, but as of right now we have 1 proven back. Not saying the kid can't change, but definitely needs to put in the work in the weight room and working on his vision and understanding of the position.

Not sure how long he would stay if he did come here. He originally committed to K-State. He later flipped to Notre Dame. Then just before signing day, he flipped again and signed with Colorado. Now he is leaving Colorado after one year. But you take him if you can get him and hope for the best.
yeah, this idea that you can keep a guy for 4 years is kind of out the window..

it's more about assembling a team as a contender, on an annual basis..

it's what the portal has done to cfb.

on the bright side, this is something that Matt Rhule is keenly aware of and he seems to be using this in our favor.

IF the record this year follows, which I expect that it will, he is going to have some pretty good momentum for the foreseeable future.

i'll be surprised if edwards doesn't end up at k-state, sans money getting in the way. he's good friends with avery johnson. they played junior ball together. avery broke the news that edwards was going portal. he knows this staff. he's a kansan. his father played for snyder. it just seems logical that he heads to manhattan, not that logic always prevails. that said, aTm certainly has the dough to make this buy. and collin klein, now aTm's o'coordinator, was in on edwards' original k-state recruitment.
GL3eO0lX0AAbuYF

i'll be surprised if edwards doesn't end up at k-state, sans money getting in the way. he's good friends with avery johnson. they played junior ball together. avery broke the news that edwards was going portal. he knows this staff. he's a kansan. his father played for snyder. it just seems logical that he heads to manhattan, not that logic always prevails. that said, aTm certainly has the dough to make this buy. and collin klein, now aTm's o'coordinator, was in on edwards' original k-state recruitment.
GL3eO0lX0AAbuYF
Yes this would seem to be the logical landing spot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT