ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Yordano Ventura

huskerbaseball13

Nebraska Legend
Jul 30, 2003
Is a little girl and I root for the Royals. He starts a brawl because a ball is hit back at him? What is this softball? He has acted like a punk all year.

Reactions: FreeLP
He's gonna get his butt kicked. Perez has saved him a couple times. Looks like the stuff from the first game has boiled over between Cain and Samardjza. I am betting Ventura, Samardjza and Edinson Volquez get suspensions. Maybe Cain too. Doesn't take much of a lip reader to know what Ventura said to the WS batter.

Not that it matters much because Yo was staring down another batter after a come-backer... but the TV guys are saying Eaton started yelling at Yo right away. Stupid by both of them. Smardzia needs to go for a while. He would not drop it and started all of this crap on opening day with multiple bean balls. Weird that the a's and their former pitcher have big problems with the team that knocked them out after the a's thought they had last years wild card game won on 3 occasions.

Not that it matters much because Yo was staring down another batter after a come-backer... but the TV guys are saying Eaton started yelling at Yo right away. Stupid by both of them. Smardzia needs to go for a while. He would not drop it and started all of this crap on opening day with multiple bean balls. Weird that the a's and their former pitcher have big problems with the team that knocked them out after the a's thought they had last years wild card game won on 3 occasions.

Yordana is going to have a long season and it's going to get old. But he's right, it appears Eaton said something to him. The benches had a bit of an altercation before the inning, too. I hope this stuff can subside. But if you're going to try and push the Royals around and intimidate them, I want them to push back.

It's unfortunate Trout didn't kick the crap out of him when Ventura was trying to act like a tough guy because he was upset Trout had the balls to get a hit off of him.

It's unfortunate Trout didn't kick the crap out of him when Ventura was trying to act like a tough guy because he was upset Trout had the balls to get a hit off of him.

If this continues they will quickly become the most hated team in MLB

I wouldn't start crap in Chicago if I were Ventura. A couple methhead White Sox fans may come out of the stands and beat the crap out of him.

Didn't get to see if Eaton said anything first. Normally I would think something would set the pitcher off but with how Ventura has acted this year you never know.

Something was happening the half inning before that. Smadrzia is the instagator between these teams, and went after a freaking base coach. I saw one of the Sox kicking and sucker punching the pile in the back on the replay. Looked like a bullpen guy.

Didn't get to see if Eaton said anything first. Normally I would think something would set the pitcher off but with how Ventura has acted this year you never know.

Ryan Lefevbre(sp?) seemed convinced that Eaton said something to Ventura. Thing about all of this is, there is so much stuff that happens that we don't see or hear, that there may be more to this. Unfortunate thing is, the Royals look bad because they are the common denominator in all of this. I really think that teams are pushing the Royals and they are pushing back and it doesn't look good.

Actually that has been going around KC radio since this morning. Not surprising Gottlieb tries to take credit.

Royals are the little 5'6" douche frat boys that get drunk and think they can beat everyone's ass... Royals are a bunch of wusses. GO GO WHITE SOX!!!

Is a little girl and I root for the Royals. He starts a brawl because a ball is hit back at him? What is this softball? He has acted like a punk all year.

His demeanor/personality completely changed after signing the new contract to start the season. After his pending suspension...I think they need to send him down to the minors for an attitude adjustment.

Lol. Yes. They are going to send him down.

Billy Butler was sent down his rookie year for an attitude adjustment when he had issues with Jose Guillen. Ventura is a unique situation and something needs to be done to get through to him.

Last edited:
Billy Butler was sent down his rookie year for an attitude adjustment when he had issues with Jose Guillen. Ventura is a unique situation and something needs to be done to get through to him.
Nope.

Ventura acted foolishly. But it takes two to make an argument. There's more than one side of a story. Going back to opening day where Samardzija beaned Cain (and others) seems to be where all the bad blood has stirred from--from the CWsox to Oakland--Tonight, eaton surely had to jab at Ventura for him to jab back jogging to first base. But yes, Ventura needs to grow up a tad, same as Volquez (holy crap, what an arm slam). Let's hope all the affected players tonight go out and play the game the right way, as Hosmer just said postgame. Royals need to put an end to this. Go Blue.

Hosmer with a great post game interview. Basically said this stuff doesn't need to happen and there will be some talks in the locker room so this stuff doesn't happen anymore. Hos is a good dude, as is Moose.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Ventura acted foolishly. But it takes two to make an argument. There's more than one side of a story. Going back to opening day where Samardzija beaned Cain (and others) seems to be where all the bad blood has stirred from--from the CWsox to Oakland--Tonight, eaton surely had to jab at Ventura for him to jab back jogging to first base. But yes, Ventura needs to grow up a tad, same as Volquez (holy crap, what an arm slam). Let's hope all the affected players tonight go out and play the game the right way, as Hosmer just said postgame. Royals need to put an end to this. Go Blue.
Best part of all of this is if Smardziajdjsnanza wasn't such an idiot, they may still be playing with a chance to actually BEAT the Royals.

Hosmer with a great post game interview. Basically said this stuff doesn't need to happen and there will be some talks in the locker room so this stuff doesn't happen anymore. Hos is a good dude, as is Moose.
Completely agree, Hos respects the game. Hopefully they learn from this. Accountability is what rings through to me

My guess is that we will see suspensions for Ventura, Volquez and Samardzija. Maybe Cain.

Best part of all of this is if Smardziajdjsnanza wasn't such an idiot, they may still be playing with a chance to actually BEAT the Royals.
Isn't that the truth. Something needs to be done, in both franchises' clubhouses

My guess is that we will see suspensions for Ventura, Volquez and Samardzija. Maybe Cain.
I am guessing Samadzisndhsbahahaa 10 games, Volquez 5, Cain 1, and Probably nothing for Sale or Ventura

I don't see why Ventura would or should get suspended, in this instance I don't see he did anything wrong. Eaton was mad he quick pitched him and got him with it, and he started talking crap and Ventura responded. After that, Ventura really did very little, he got out of it pretty quick. He really did nothing to even warrant an ejection, Eaton started it all.

The only reason I say that Ventura gets a suspension is because this isn't his first incident this year. He just got fined the other day for hitting someone. They just showed the video and the White Sox guy said something first. Ventura has to be the bigger man though. The guys on MLB Network had a great take on the situation and said the Royals weren't completely to blame for all of this and understand where they are coming from.

The only reason I say that Ventura gets a suspension is because this isn't his first incident this year. He just got fined the other day for hitting someone. They just showed the video and the White Sox guy said something first. Ventura has to be the bigger man though. The guys on MLB Network had a great take on the situation and said the Royals weren't completely to blame for all of this and understand where they are coming from.
Lot's of stuff in the twitterverse (even from players on other teams) that Eaton has a rep and does punk crap during games when he thinks the cameras are not watching. He wasn't even a step out of the box and was yelling at Ventura. Funny how the hitter can look at the pitcher, but it is called "staring" him down when it comes from a pitcher.

Feels weird to defend a pitcher. Never thought I would do that. Everybody knows they aren't real athletes anyway. Right Kaz?

Whatever happens, it's time for Ventura, Volquez AND Eaton, Semardzija to grow up. If that means suspension warranted by the MLB board, so be it.

Pitchers are the best athletes on the field. Haha.

I wouldn't start crap in Chicago if I were Ventura. A couple methhead White Sox fans may come out of the stands and beat the crap out of him.

But remember which state leads the country in meth labs. :D

Whatever happens, it's time for Ventura, Volquez AND Eaton, Semardzija to grow up. If that means suspension warranted by the MLB board, so be it.
After seeing the other video, I have no idea how Ventura was tossed and Eaton was not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT