ADVERTISEMENT

OSU McCord

That doesn't make them a true package deal where they both are 100% going to same team. So if we offered Fleming $2 million and told McCord sorry we are getting Howard, you think Fleming is turning that down? I doubt it.

Hopefully we land both though.
Where’s the whiners complaining about us not being willing to pay top players? 😉

I kept saying to be patient. The timing was wrong to be worried about it. That said, failing to sign these guys wouldn’t mean that we weren’t offering competitive money.
I look forward to our visits being used as “proof” if none sign

So, are you just openly rooting against Nebraska getting players at this point?
What are you talking about?

I know the sight of my screen name sends many into a tizzy, but try to read past it every now and then

I have posted over and over that it’s awesome to see the aggression from the staff in pursuing (and publicizing said pursuit) of good players

Every addition is a welcome one. We need a lot of good players. It’s my hope we land them all at the top of the market in terms of compensation.

But you can’t say we’re willing to cash checks until we actually cash checks

There is absolutely nothing remotely controversial about any of this, but you and the Kong Derangement Syndrome brigade will find a way.

I also liked how Rhule called out the resources needed to get these kinds of players publicly - an obvious and clear shot at boosters/the AD - but was roundly shit on for that positive (and correct) opinion, as well.

Buncha emotional vaginas around here good lord

Last edited:
Waking up to McCord in the portal was like Christmas came early for me.
Fx Networks Cooking GIF by The Bear

My old boss has some rich boosters N the family. They tell him all the time money is not a problem at Nebraska. Spend it and let's get this bitch rolling on offense with the OSU duo!! GBR!!
Hopefully you only spend it if you can get the right guy or guys. I believe we need to take at least one portal QB but I’m not in favor of reaching like some NFL teams do in the draft.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Day is a pretty stubborn guy. Probably wanted to gauge his players interest and see what they wanted. It's not like the vote was the thing that was going to decide the QB. It was an open competition for the first 2 games of the year. It wasn't a fair competition though, McCord played a vast majority of the snaps in the Indiana game because Indiana milked the clock that game and McCord stunk. It turned into a 23-3 victory where the offense had like 8 drives all game? Not enough snaps/reps to play both QB's equally in that game. Majority of OSU fans are happy to move on from McCord. Alls I'm saying is the Huskers can do much much better than him. Fleming obviously would be a massive upgrade he's still a 5* talent despite the injury history. And I would be shocked if they were a package deal, they aren't "buddies". Rhule should be going after QB's like Cam Ward, Riley Leonard, Will Howard, maybe Michael Pratt from Tulane if he enters the portal. McCord just isn't what you want in a QB in multiple ways. He was handed the keys to a ferrari and run it into every street lamp on the road.
Not a good sign having a 6 million dollar guy have the team vote on what is his decision. Reminds me of Solich. Good luck from here out

McCord was absolutely responsible for the teams failures. Had all those weapons at his disposal and couldn't properly distribute the ball to them. He was very inaccurate and couldn't throw the ball on target to the receivers, and he's the definition of a 1 read QB. As soon as the ball was snapped he'd hone in on one receiver and throw either an errant pass or into tight coverage when another receiver was wide open on the other side of the field. Wildly inefficient QB that never got any better from week 1 to week 13. Our OL got better throughout the year and always kept McCord upright and he still couldn't get it done. The run game masked a lot of his deficiencies. Huskers can do much better than McCord easily. Fleming is a solid receiver with an injury history. I don't think he's hit his full potential yet, and I definitely don't think him and McCord are a package deal. Fleming and the WR's were not happy with McCord's passing this year. We had roster votes in fall practice on who the players wanted at QB (McCord or Devin Brown) and a vast majority wanted Brown as the QB due to his upside.
Did you say the same things about Stroud when he lost to Michigan the last 2yrs and then went on the the NFL? If Fleming doesn't like him why would he be traveling to visit potential landing spot with him? Your ego just won't let you accept that Michigan is just flat out a better team with better coaching.

Probably too much to ask to take 2 portal QBs - one for next year and one with several years left
Chubba will be in year 5 next year and I’m not sure we can count on Kaelin to be ready for 2025

McCord may be a 2 year guy - don’t see him being an NFL guy after next year otherwise we might be at this again for a 2025 starter

Probably too much to ask to take 2 portal QBs - one for next year and one with several years left
Chubba will be in year 5 next year and I’m not sure we can count on Kaelin to be ready for 2025

McCord may be a 2 year guy - don’t see him being an NFL guy after next year otherwise we might be at this again for a 2025 starter

McCord only has one year of eligibility left. He played in 5 games his Freshman year ;(

Reactions: PandaRed

If McCord didn't make it to the NFL after next year I think he would consider his time here a failure if what has been said about his goals are correct.

Thanks. I think we might be at this again in 2025
Most likely. I think the rationale would be to wait and see how Kaelin is as a freshman and if not ready as a redshirt freshman to start then go after another short term QB in next year's portal. Undoubtedly the portal will be filled with talented QBs every year so I don't think anyone is overly worried about 2025 yet.

Most likely. I think the rationale would be to wait and see how Kaelin is as a freshman and if not ready as a redshirt freshman to start then go after another short term QB in next year's portal. Undoubtedly the portal will be filled with talented QBs every year so I don't think anyone is overly worried about 2025 yet.
I’m not worried about 2025 but it will be year 3 which we have heard time and time again will be when Rhule breaks through to compete with the top teams in the conference. So I have high expectations for 2025

Extremely tough to get 2 portal qb's in one cycle. Pretty much impossible for a team like NU.

If DK isn't ready in 2025 than hopefully the starter did good enough to attract enough top qb. If McCord does good I'm sure the money will pour in for another one in 2025.

Where’s the whiners complaining about us not being willing to pay top players? 😉
RIGHT HERE…. and I’ll believe it when I see it. The fact they’re even getting these kids in the door is a great sign, and maybe we just straight up whiffed last offseason because we were late to the game. Still, they won’t be playing for free. They do NOT want to come here out of the goodness of their hearts, and if we don’t pay top dollar they SHOULD look elsewhere.

Where are the folks who’ve been whining about the CONCEPT of paying undergrads millions of dollars speaking out to oppose this? Where are ya?

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Extremely tough to get 2 portal qb's in one cycle. Pretty much impossible for a team like NU.

If DK isn't ready in 2025 than hopefully the starter did good enough to attract enough top qb. If McCord does good I'm sure the money will pour in for another one in 2025.

Wiscy got 3 last year... Mordecai, Evers and Locke. Definitely possible

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT