ADVERTISEMENT

McCord to Syracuse

That’s not a destination he should have chosen. Especially over Nebraska who would have been fine redshirting Raiola.

In the end it’s hard to blame a kid though when knowing that we have zero allegiance to him and a 5 star prodigal son, heir apparent, legacy, new shiny toy was waiting behind him. He starts the season off like Sims and the natives in the stands would have been calling for his head.

So Syracuse it is.

Wonder what their NIL is paying him. Is there ANY chance they are paying him $1M?

Reactions: BleedRed78
My first thought if he goes to Syracuse is we dodged a bullet. To me his ending up there means he will go anywhere as long as he and his Dad call the shots.

From near the top of the hill it was a long way to the bottom of the ravine for his career (no offense Syracuse fan) and Nebraska was just a tree branch he hit on his way down.

These players don't seem to realize you have to be willing to compete. That is an essential characteristic for playing competitive sports, especially in a leadership position at the college level.

I think this was one of those rare times when the “we tried to tell you” fans from Ohio State were right. McCord seems to want the path of absolute least resistance.

His pride, arrogance and insecurity got the best of him in this game of musical chairs.

Hope he's successful

8fda56d3f4b25a461fdb4e6c16809cba.jpeg

Reactions: MargotDeeper
That’s not a destination he should have chosen. Especially over Nebraska who would have been fine redshirting Raiola.

In the end it’s hard to blame a kid though when knowing that we have zero allegiance to him and a 5 star prodigal son, heir apparent, legacy, new shiny toy was waiting behind him. He starts the season off like Sims and the natives in the stands would have been calling for his head.

So Syracuse it is.

Wonder what their NIL is paying him. Is there ANY chance they are paying him $1M?
I don’t think it was his decision to move on from Nebraska

Syracuse has a new head coach who has a reputation for being a great recruiter. Maybe their new offense is a good fit for McCord? In any case, if he isn't going to NU, finding an ACC school is not a bad option.

So Syracuse it is.

When teams did due diligence, he didn't have many landing spots

Not a NIL thing...this is a family and attitude thing

I don't know why, but I can't wait to hear about his failures in the future. Keep in touch. 👍

Google told me Syracuse is a shit hole. But hey, they are getting a new QB and a new daddy that thinks he's helping. All these greedy parents are gonna ruin college football.

Barring injury, McCord is locked into another year of generating game film for NFL GMs and has some coin in his pocket. That’s likely how it would have played out in Lincoln, but he wasn’t getting the guarantee.

Does anyone really believe that Rhule is going to be OK redhirting a multi-million dollar top ranked QB even if he is a freshman?

I suppose Purdy could light the college world on fire and keep Raiola benched but you know full well that the first loss, especially an early loss, and the pressure to start the high profile newcomer will be exceptionally tremendous. I know he can play 4 games and not lose a year of eligibility but the back half of the '24 schedule is brutal - you would not want Raiola to take the reigns in late October.

Does anyone really believe that Rhule is going to be OK redhirting a multi-million dollar top ranked QB even if he is a freshman?
I have an even harder time believing that Raiola is okay with it.

I'm not saying Raiola will demand a guaranteed starting spot right out of the gate, but I also doubt he's okay with not even seeing the field until 2025.

I say you rolll with Raiola game 1 unless he looks bad. No guarantees how many years you get with him. Our schdule is soft early next year. Gets him ready for the later games. Wish he was a year older and we could have developed him this year.

Reactions: Bruce1981
My first thought if he goes to Syracuse is we dodged a bullet. To me his ending up there means he will go anywhere as long as he and his Dad call the shots.

From near the top of the hill it was a long way to the bottom of the ravine for his career (no offense Syracuse fan) and Nebraska was just a tree branch he hit on his way down.

These players don't seem to realize you have to be willing to compete. That is an essential characteristic for playing competitive sports, especially in a leadership position at the college level.
DR is doing the same thing. He’s not going to Georgia because he won’t be the starter and compete. Beck is the starter so he’s going to Neb. They want the attention and we all know DR and his daddy will be on their 3rd school.

• Haha
You are correct. People giving this kid and his Dad grief is not warranted in this case.

And I really don’t blame him. Wanting to compete for PT is reasonable expectation of a HS kid, but McCord has one year of eligibility left and NFL aspirations. I understand why he is looking for a guarantee.

Reactions: king_kong_
Sounds like a panic move. And McCord will never be heard from again……..

I'm not saying Raiola will demand a guaranteed starting spot right out of the gate, but I also doubt he's okay with not even seeing the field until 2025.
He can play 4. I really think the weight and pressure is on Purdy. He's probably got the advantage right now, but he better produce. Like you say, the multi million dollar kid is there and I think pressure higher on coaches next year. No bowl and someone's getting canned. I don't want to start over again. We need continuity

4 high schools, 3 college commitments just to sit year 1?

Yea, I don’t think so, either

DR is doing the same thing. He’s not going to Georgia because he won’t be the starter and compete. Beck is the starter so he’s going to Neb. They want the attention and we all know DR and his daddy will be on their 3rd school.
Hardly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT