ADVERTISEMENT

New locker room named Frank Solich locker room

Lots of people have said Mac Brown was all ready for the job and would have jumped at the opportunity.

But who knows?
He would have probably taken it. The question for me would have been if could have won enough to placate the boosters of substance that wanted Frank gone after 7-7.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have. I’m saying the end result would have likely been similar. The guy that follows “the MAN” never measures up.
Record-wise, maybe. Not program-wise. It was obvious by 2001/2002 that we were becoming a different program once Osborne's recruits were gone.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Anyone else wonder who Bill Byrne would have interviewed/hired for head coach if given the chance?
PDKzCpu.png
Mac brown or bob stoops

Had a draft card. What are you confused about? The thread has comments that TO shouldn't have picked Frank. My question is a simple one, would Bob D. have picked Frank or would he have looked elsewhere? WTH are YOU talking about?
Frank was playing Fullback back then? Why would he ask him.
Bob could have chosen Monte Kiffen..or another assistant..

Frank was playing Fullback back then? Why would he ask him.
Bob could have chosen Monte Kiffen..or another assistant..
I can't believe how badly you missed what I was asking (see bolded).

Let's try again......

If Bob were HC and Frank was his assistant (equivalent to Tom at the time), would Bob have selected Frank as the HC. Hint: Bob was a different person from TO in a lot of ways....if he felt Frank was not the right choice to replace him I think he would not have let loyalty color his decision. Does that help?

Reactions: kidofSN
I can't believe how badly you missed what I was asking (see bolded).

Let's try again......

If Bob were HC and Frank was his assistant (equivalent to Tom at the time), would Bob have selected Frank as the HC. Hint: Bob was a different person from TO in a lot of ways....if he felt Frank was not the right choice to replace him I think he would not have let loyalty color his decision. Does that help?
Having fun with you on the last post..No he wouldn’t.
Playing the 19th hole after golf don’t take my post so serious the question was funny because Frank was playing for Bob Devaney.. Sorry.😉

Reactions: Laner2
Having fun with you on the last post..No he wouldn’t.
Playing the 19th hole after golf don’t take my post so serious the question was funny because Frank was playing for Bob Devaney.. Sorry.😉
Gotcha. We're good. Monte would have been a good choice except I think he was a bend but don't break guys (could be wrong).

So who would have liked Charlie McB as TO's replacement?

Reactions: scarletred
We will see how Deboer does at Bama. Will be interesting.
I was racking my brain trying to come up with one guy. Ryan Day following Urban might be the closest but Urban didn’t really have a dynasty at OSU. 🤔

I think that's the fairest shortest synopsis of the situation I've seen on here. I like Frank. I was surprised when I learned he was going to be fired. I don't hate Bo, but wanted him gone long before it happened. Contrast Bo's apparent lack of appreciation for the Nebraska job an it's fans to Rhule's approach. There's a degree of professionalism that's required to hold the Nebraska job that Bo just couldn't muster. I still think IF Bo were to get another shot at a P5 head coaching job that he would do a better job than he did at NU.
I don't know. Toward the end some teams figured out his defense and abused it. If he couldn't adjust he's not going to last at a P5 program. Recruiting wise, he was usually good at finding diamonds in the rough, but seemed to loath recruiting the top prospects. Would that be easier to do today? Would dealing with fans and media at any P5 team be something he would tolerate? His tenure in Lincoln was certainly a unique one. His third year was really the last time I remember real enthusiasm from the fans during the season.

Question for the board:

Would Bob Devaney have picked Frank for the HC job?
Probably not Because when Bob had to make a decision. Frank was head coach at Lincoln Southeast. 😉I know what you are asking and nobody can answer that .

Reactions: Laner2
“Osborne discovered the coach just before 10 p.m. slumped over the wheel of an SUV facing the wrong way on West Union Street, and she cut short a field-sobriety test 'for his safety,' as the coach appeared in danger of falling as he tried to complete the test.”

And then he claims someone drugged him 🫤

Great example to name your locker room after.

Right? If only he had put a trashcan on a black player's head. What a hero he would have been!

You're not a well person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT