ADVERTISEMENT

Mens BB transfers, Meah N, Connor N, Gavin G, Morgan and Rollie N

Can anyone provide insight on why Essegian's stats/minutes went down so much this year? He went from averaging 12 points and 27 minutes a game as a freshman, to only 3 points and 7 minutes a game as a sophomore. That is very strange to see a player's production go down so much after a very good freshman year. He was on the Big Ten All-Freshman team a year ago.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Can anyone provide insight on why Essegian's stats/minutes went down so much this year? He went from averaging 12 points and 27 minutes a game as a freshman, to only 3 points and 7 minutes a game as a sophomore. That is very strange to see a player's production go down so much after a very good freshman year. He was on the Big Ten All-Freshman team a year ago.
All that matters is we will be the whitest team in America!! Just like @Laner2 likes it. ;)

All that matters id we will be the whitest team in America!! Just like @Laner2 likes it. ;)

In all seriousness, I am a bit concerned about our athleticism next year. It seemed like after the A&M blowout that we needed to get more athletic, but Fred seems to going after mostly "pale" guys

Sophomore slump .. hope he has a great jr year

Reactions: HBK4life

What is a sophomore slump?

In all seriousness, I am a bit concerned about our athleticism next year. It seemed like after the A&M blowout that we needed to get more athletic, but Fred seems to going after mostly "pale" guys
I don't care if you're white, black, Asian or eskimo. If you can play you can play. I think some were commenting on how white our girls BB team was against A@M this year. Right before we beat them.

Reactions: Husker Todd
Gard was asked about this a few of times during the season, usually after Essegian would have a good game. His answer was always that other players were outperforming Essegian in practice, and that if he wanted more minutes he needed to earn them. Could be more to the story, obviously, but that was Gard's explanation.

Gard was asked about this a few of times during the season, usually after Essegian would have a good game. His answer was always that other players were outperforming Essegian in practice, and that if he wanted more minutes he needed to earn them. Could be more to the story, obviously, but that was Gard's explanation.
Gard is an asshole and most of his players hate his guts. Good coach. Crappy person.

Reactions: F--IT
Racist against my own race? No. Just concerned about how much more athletic A&M was than we were. It was like Men vs. Boys out there. If we want to take the next step, we need some dudes. Hopefully we can land William Kyle.
yea but did you see what happened in the girls' game against them?

They got AJ Storr last year in the portal, there are only so many minutes in a game. Essegian was on the all B1G freshman team.

Last edited:
I'm sure the "DEI" department isn't happy 😆

i-dont-care-dont-even-care.gif

Gard is an asshole and most of his players hate his guts. Good coach. Crappy person.
Sometimes a player just gets on the wrong side of a coach for whatever reason and no matter can’t get back on the right side. I know the portal is wild but when your best players leaving( Chucky andStoor) after an NCAA year There maybe red flags .

Can definitely bring the 3-point game. Fills a strong need with Tominaga and Wilcher departing.
If he's an average defender than it's an improvement over the 2 mentioned. Also, after a hot start, Wilcher finished the 2nd half of the season shooting something like 18% from the 3. 😮

Reactions: Husker Todd
If he's an average defender than it's an improvement over the 2 mentioned. Also, after a hot start, Wilcher finished the 2nd half of the season shooting something like 18% from the 3. 😮
I've never been very impressed with Essegian's defense, but yeah - still a defensive upgrade over Wilcher and Tominaga.

Huskers will miss Lawrence's defense, although Worster is okay in that department.

Reactions: dinglefritz
My wish list will be complete if we can reel in Kyle III. He would give us a roster that would give us the ability to seriously compete in the BIG next season. This is where our NIL needs to step up big time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT