ADVERTISEMENT

Jody Lewis

Now might be a good time for this rant...Can we stop calling this guy Jody? He casually mentioned on twitter that his friends call him Jody and now it seems like every husker fan refers to him that way. I understand that it's his twitter handle but we aren't his friends. We are fans. His name is Joseph Lewis.

Reactions: cmblizz964
Now might be a good time for this rant...Can we stop calling this guy Jody? He casually mentioned on twitter that his friends call him Jody and now it seems like every husker fan refers to him that way. I understand that it's his twitter handle but we aren't his friends. We are fans. His name is Joseph Lewis.

He has said that is what he wishes to be called?

HuskerNorm,

Do you get "spooked" by your own shadow sometimes? BC what you posted is very ironic. Maybe just take the OP's advice and just cheer for the program for a change and stop sweating the details of guys that aren't on campus yet.

1. Jody or Joseph... Who cares? The bottom line is this: it should not freaking matter to any fan because nobody should be tweeting him in the first place. If he commits to us someone in the press can ask him when he gets here. Until then, I don't see why it matters.

2. Frankly, I am tired of parsing every little thing about this kid. If he comes here, great. If he doesn't, next man up. I am content to completely ignore his recruitment at this point until he announces his choice.

3. I too am a cranky "get off my lawn" old man.

4. End of rant

HuskerNorm,

Do you get "spooked" by your own shadow sometimes be what you posted is very ironic. Maybe just take the OP's advice and just cheer for the program for a change and stop sweating the details of guys that aren't on campus yet.

Uhhhh. Okay. I can assure you I cheer for the program all the time and am one of the most optimistic Husker fans you are going to find. Just look at my other posts and you are likely to see that. I agree that this isn't something I should care about. However, for some reason, frankly, I always find it strange when people call someone they don't know by their nickname as if they are best friends. It's just odd.

Obviously we need to be more concerned with his size. The recruiting services are all over the map.

Anywhere from 6'1 to 6'3 and 190 to 210lbs.

McQuitty is worse though, I've seen him listed anywhere between 5'11 and 6'2

Agree Norm, it is odd. I think that in recruiting Nebraska's fans can be one of the greatest assets and at the same time one of the biggest liabilities. Just look at Keyshawn Junior having to clarify his tweets for Nebraska fans so they don't take things out of context.
It's time for Nebraska to put some (meaningful) wins on the field, that will help the whole discussion and recruiting pitch alot more. For now, its the facilities, academics, fans (and all that fandom the good and the bad)...

Reactions: HuskerNorm
Obviously we need to be more concerned with his size. The recruiting services are all over the map.

Anywhere from 6'1 to 6'3 and 190 to 210lbs.

McQuitty is worse though, I've seen him listed anywhere between 5'11 and 6'2

Speaking of size. I heard on the radio that Calvin is actually in the 145 pound range...That is small and is a little concerning. Still want him though.

I'm not that concerned. Who was that corner we had a year or two back that even after some time in our S&C program still walked out of here at like 150? I don't remember his size being detrimental to his health even though he played on the defensive side of the ball.

Calvin will be fine.

I'm not that concerned. Who was that corner we had a year or two back that even after some time in our S&C program still walked out of here at like 150? I don't remember his size being detrimental to his health even though he played on the defensive side of the ball.

Calvin will be fine.
Josh Mitchell? Grixby?

Not sure that I'm real afraid of Oregon if he's indeed ours to loose. Seems unlikely that they'd beat the relationship he has with Coach Dubs.

Per his coach, this seems to be a two horse race, and Oregon seems an unlikely flip between Coach Dubs and USC being his home town school.

Hmmm... USC is saying that Lewis is Nebraska's to lose to Oregon? That is what this message board post is saying.

http://www.wildwestsports.com/Discu.../1475985/joseph-lewis-taking-unofficial-to-uo

Everything I've heard from SC people is that Lewis and Johnson are an SC lock. They are very confident in pulling those guys. Remember that Greg Johnson's little brother has already committed to USC for next year.

The activity surrounding their WR commits for this class also suggests that they have a "silent" commit at WR, and they are not looking to take more than one or two guys as they are already deep at that position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT