ADVERTISEMENT

HC Mickey Joseph

Connect the dots and it appears this was in the plans all along.

No other reason to wait 3 games to fire a lame duck coach and set your coaching search back a whole year unless you thought you had something worth trying out in the building.
That’s kind of what it smells like to me. At the very least Trev figured that Mickey couldn’t F things up any worse than the are already. Didn’t he already have assistant head coach title?

Frankly I think we could do a lot worse than Mickey but I think it would take more than 6 wins
However the downside with making Mickey a permanent HC is that if he flops, it might take 5 years to get rid of him much like Scott Frost. Perhaps the best thing is just make a clean break no matter how the season turns out.

That’s kind of what it smells like to me. At the very least Trev figured that Mickey couldn’t F things up any worse than the are already. Didn’t he already have assistant head coach title?
He sure does… and we now see the buyout had nothing to do with the timing of it.

So now, you have to ask, why set back your search a whole year for just 3 games?

It’s the only thing I can think of that makes any sense.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Honestly I'm disappointed to hear intelligent fans stumping for another guy with zero record of P5 success. It's time to hire someone that knows WTF they're doing. Do I hope Mickey is part of the future? Sure, he's a great recruiter and I hope he is retained.

He sure does… and we now see the buyout had nothing to do with the timing of it.

So now, you have to ask, why set back your search a whole year for just 3 games?

It’s the only thing I can think of that makes any sense.
This has been covered. Short version, his hands were tied last year, plus other big name school openings.

This has been covered. Short version, his hands were tied last year, plus other big name school openings.
Ehhh… that’s not passing the smell test for me anymore.

Hands tied but can fire him 3 games into the next year. If that’s the mindset of the people in charge, we are in for big trouble!!

Reactions: huntered
Ehhh… that’s not passing the smell test for me anymore.

Hands tied but can fire him 3 games into the next year. If that’s the mindset of the people in charge, we are in for big trouble!!
Just because it doesn't pass the smell test for you doesn't mean it's not true

Just because it doesn't pass the smell test for you doesn't mean it's not true
Just think about what you’ve been told and what’s happening now and ask yourself if you thinks it’s true…

And we’re not competing with all those big name schools for the same coaches, that’s BS.

Believe what you want, just saying!

Connect the dots and it appears this was in the plans all along.

No other reason to wait 3 games to fire a lame duck coach and set your coaching search back a whole year unless you thought you had something worth trying out in the building.
I heard pretty much exactly this from someone with a pretty close connection. Mickey and Trev know each other from the old days and they like and respect one another. Mickey would have never come here if it werent for Trev.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT