Dawson - analyst at tOSU
Applewhite - RB coach at Buffalo U
Ruud - ILBs for the Falcons
Austin - quality control for the Jags
Lubick - analyst at KU
Verduzco - retired? unemployed?
Tuioti - Ducks
Walters - WR for the Bengals

I try to think what I would do if I was Frost. Do I love football enough to get back on the horse and be an OC or do I just live above modestly and go about my life doing what I want without the coaching lifestyle. Would think it'd be hard to settle for the latter if he wanted to redeem himself in some way.

I try to think what I would do if I was Frost. Do I love football enough to get back on the horse and be an OC or do I just live above modestly and go about my life doing what I want without the coaching lifestyle. Would think it'd be hard to settle for the latter if he wanted to redeem himself in some way.

I doubt his wife will let him sit around too much longer. That buyout money won't last forever, especially if she got used to living an upper-class lifestyle.

Dewitt is the DC at FIU. Forgot about Jovan. Some interesting jobs for the Frost diaspora, but analysts or lower tier programs for the most part.

Reactions: king_kong_
I’m guessing he can be selective. Possibly have politely declined to be interviewed for positions he feels he is overqualified for??

As best I could track down

Frost - unemployed
Mickey - HC at Grambling
Chins - DC @ Boise
Held - HC at UNK
Whip - retired?
Busch - radio
Beckton - ??
Fisher - Cuse
Dawson - analyst at tOSU
Lubick - analyst at KU
Tuioti - Ducks
Thanks for the post WV.

Rooting for Mickey to do well. Still don't understand the Whip hire, and in retrospect, even more now. Also, what was the connection between Frost & Verduzco? How did MV get hired in the first place?

Reactions: putemintheaisles
Thanks for the post WV.

Rooting for Mickey to do well. Still don't understand the Whip hire, and in retrospect, even more now. Also, what was the connection between Frost & Verduzco? How did MV get hired in the first place?
Transitioning the offense with a busted roster and expecting success in the first year was a pipe dream. And it didn't help that Frost didn't seem like he was on board and the word was Raiola and Whipple weren't on the same page. Verduzco coached Milton and was thought to be the QB whisperer for Frost's offense. He wasn't a P5 level assistant, but Frost was the one who brought him to Lincoln.

Transitioning the offense with a busted roster and expecting success in the first year was a pipe dream. And it didn't help that Frost didn't seem like he was on board and the word was Raiola and Whipple weren't on the same page. Verduzco coached Milton and was thought to be the QB whisperer for Frost's offense. He wasn't a P5 level assistant, but Frost was the one who brought him to Lincoln.
Thanks for the explanation.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
I’m guessing he can be selective. Possibly have politely declined to be interviewed for positions he feels he is overqualified for??
First of all, despite many of our dislike for Frost, the dude is a helluva play caller, when he has good talent. (duh)

He took such a giant fall with his disastrous stint at NU, and clearly showed he has to work for someone who can control, to an extent, his self defeating actions.

Hiring him would be rolling the dice because he would likely be trying to redeem himself, but be gone at the first opportunity should the right type of HC job open up.

He would seem a natural for some team with a high level scheme as he still is able to create points if he has an elite level QB that can actually execute.

He needs to work for a hard ass type like Saban, Meyer, Brian Kelly, Kirby Smart or someone who has an even bigger ego and has Frost's respect. He can't be allowed to go rogue due to his bad conduct off the field.

** Edited** I took out a negative comment about the Frost family.

Last edited:
Hindsight is 20/20 but seriously there are some decision with staff hires we all look back on and go “what in the actual f^%# was that hire about. Verduzco, Whipple, Austin being highest paid assistant in the team…just so so many examples

Thanks for the post WV.

Verduzo was a long-time coach at Northern Iowa. Frost got started coaching at NI.

Reactions: Bold Words
Thanks for the post WV.

Verduzco put a Harry Potter spell on frost with his magic wind while at Northern Iowa

Versuckzo put Frost through some drills and he was ready to play all over again.
….
Golfing Tiger Woods GIF by Golden Tee Golf

Thanks for the post WV.

Together at the University of Northern Iowa

I doubt his wife will let him sit around too much longer. That buyout money won't last forever, especially if she got used to living an upper-class lifestyle.
Oh, Frost had plenty money even before the Husker job. He has already rehabilitated himself and he feels it wasn't his doing or him not applying himself. Hes fine in his mind and will be back in the game soon. Its the personality superiority, that he has and has always had. Probably back as a offensice coordinator.

Oh, Frost had plenty money even before the Husker job. He has already rehabilitated himself and he feels it wasn't his doing or him not applying himself. Hes fine in his mind and will be back in the game soon. Its the personality superiority, that he has and has always had. Probably back as a offensice coordinator.
OC?

Nah.

You don’t give a guy whose name is synonymous with shit the keys to the offense after years away.

If he comes back, it’ll be as an analyst or position coach.

I wouldn’t hire him to clean my toilets.

First of all, despite many of our dislike for Frost, the dude is a helluva play caller, when he has good talent. (duh)

He took such a giant fall with his disastrous stint at NU, and clearly showed he has to work for someone who can control, to an extent, his self defeating actions.

Hiring him would be rolling the dice because he would likely be trying to redeem himself, but be gone at the first opportunity should the right type of HC job open up.

He would seem a natural for some team with a high level scheme as he still is able to create points if he has an elite level QB that can actually execute.

He needs to work for a hard ass type like Saban, Meyer, Brian Kelly, Kirby Smart or someone who has an even bigger ego and has Frost's respect. He can't be allowed to go rogue due to his bad conduct off the field.

** Edited** I took out a negative comment about the Frost family.
Saban retired so he's SOL. That would have worked for him. The others not so much.

Reactions: BleedRed78
As best I could track down

Frost - unemployed
Mickey - HC at Grambling
Chins - DC @ Boise
Held - HC at UNK
Whip - retired?
Busch - radio
Beckton - ??
Fisher - Cuse
Dawson - analyst at tOSU
Lubick - analyst at KU
Tuioti - Ducks
To be completely honest, that's not as bad a landing for many of these guys as I thought it would be. Some of these guys actually got good gigs. Abundantly clear however that Frost was the problem.

Interesting that we have no former coach who later got a job at another P5 school. Only Solich and for a short time Pelini got HC jobs later and Pelini's was at an FCS school (BTW, these were the only guys who were successful here, and don't say they weren't after what we've been through since 2014).

2024 is absolutely critical for this program. We have a really good defense coming back and we seem to have fixed the problem areas on offense. No excuse for not winning 9 this season, freshman QB or not.

To be completely honest, that's not as bad a landing for many of these guys as I thought it would be. Some of these guys actually got good gigs. Abundantly clear however that Frost was the problem.

Interesting that we have no former coach who later got a job at another P5 school. Only Solich and for a short time Pelini got HC jobs later and Pelini's was at an FCS school (BTW, these were the only guys who were successful here, and don't say they weren't after what we've been through since 2014).

2024 is absolutely critical for this program. We have a really good defense coming back and we seem to have fixed the problem areas on offense. No excuse for not winning 9 this season, freshman QB or not.
I think nine wins is way too high. I'm looking for at least six, maybe seven. We have no idea if the problems on offense have been fixed yet until we see them play in the fall. There's been a definite upgrade of talent at the QB position - the most critical position - but DR is still a true freshman and will have growing pains.

I'm excited by some of the other talent as well. Such as Dowdell, Banks, and especially some of the new coaches on the offensive side. But again, we need to see them in action on this team and under Rhule's schemes.

Out of all the things that bugged me last year, Rhule's coaching was far and away the biggest concern. I saw red flags everywhere from clock management to play calling and personnel.

But it was his first year, so he gets a pass. This year, however, is very important for him and the team. So on that I completely agree with you. 2024 is critical.

He’s the WR coach for Baltimore ravens
Was assistant WR coach in BAL. Now full time WR coach for the saints.

Our past WR coches have been solid/ top tier Mickey, Keith, Walters, and even Teddy have all done well. Rob Fisher and Lubick sucked. McGuire currently living on excuses and his fathers name, but let’s hope he turns it around

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT