ADVERTISEMENT

Harper Murray WTF?

Could it just be that she wanted to have the rings and has had so many people over the years see her story and give her different expectations of what she is allowed to do. They see her athletic ability and give her different expectations of what she is allowed to do.

So over time, she learns from so many allowing her to do what she wants that she ends up doing this? Her choices and her consequences. As people that have been in her life take a look and see if you’ve allowed to have it by the actions you’ve allowed her to do. It happens to people with much less athletic ability

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Sad situation. I have a daughter at UNL, same age. She just texted me and asked me if I knew of Harper Murray and I didn’t until the news just popped up on my I pad. She must be struggling with something. My kid even said she got off way too easily the first time. You have to be tough with these kids because I know I screwed up a LOT when I was young too but I had a hard ass mom that didn’t play. I try to be hard on my daughter too but it’s tough. They know how to manipulate. Especially girls. Dads…..stop treating your little girls like princesses that can do no wrong. You aren’t helping them. I have a 62 year old sister that still can never be wrong. My dad created her. She has cost me an immense amount of money but I finally had to say NO! Tell your daughters “ no” sometimes.
Nature over nurture.

Reactions: baseball31ne
You’ve had some pretty wild takes on here lately. Chubby Purdy having NFL talent and now this.
Varying opinions are the lifeblood of a message board. I believe time will prove me right about Purdy. My take on the shoplifting charge is just offering a possible defense. I’m not saying I believe that.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
OR she’s a airhead and simply forgot to hand them to the cashier when she was checking out.

HyVee has a lot of self checkout lines. A buddy of mine picked up a large whole tenderloin there along with a cart full of other stuff. When he got home and looked at his receipt he realized he hadn’t scanned the tenderloin. Had to drive back and pay for it.

We are always quick to convict on this board. Ticketed doesn’t always mean guilty.
You and your level head has no business being on this board. These threads are for
Judgement baby

Last edited:
Could it just be that she wanted to have the rings and has had so many people over the years see her story and give her different expectations of what she is allowed to do. They see her athletic ability and give her different expectations of what she is allowed to do.

So over time, she learns from so many allowing her to do what she wants that she ends up doing this? Her choices and her consequences. As people that have been in her life take a look and see if you’ve allowed to have it by the actions you’ve allowed her to do. It happens to people with much less athletic ability

Maybe, but then that would suggest that all or most young high profile athletes do the same cause they too are treated differently than your average person. And we know this not to be true. So from my vantage point I’m saying the blame is squarely on Harper’s shoulders, no excuses. All high profile athletes are treated differently and most don’t behave in this manner.

Reactions: 90sman
Maybe, but then that would suggest that all or most young high profile athletes do the same cause they too are treated differently than your average person. And we know this not to be true. So from my vantage point I’m saying the blame is squarely on Harper’s shoulders, no excuses. All high profile athletes are treated differently and most don’t behave in this manner.
Oh she’s the decision maker, it’s her that takes the hit. But those around her that let her take no accountability, they should be called out for it. Doesn’t mean all kids are doing illegal things like this, but the percentage is more than it should be.

Have seen too large of percentage of kids that feel their “💩” don’t stink that aren’t athletes and think they can get away with these types of things. Too many enablers today.

If she was an SEC football player this would be a sign of an impending National Champion. She’s our “bad girl”… like an FSU WR in the 90s or a Miami DT in the 90s or a UF TE during the Urban era. I take this as a good sign
Or like a Neb RB, DT or CB in the 90s.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Cmon children gather ‘round, it’s time for Dingle’s I’ve-got-a-friend story time once again.
the dingle friend bingo card has NASA astronaut, Harvard fellow. CIA top dog, foreign dictator, cindy crawford, drummer for unnamed platinum hair band, coach for power 5 champ, and one time lawyer for OJ on it, among others.

the dingle friend bingo card has NASA astronaut, Harvard fellow. CIA top dog, foreign dictator, cindy crawford, drummer for unnamed platinum hair band, coach for power 5 champ, and one time lawyer for OJ on it, among others.
Some of those might be the same person!

Shes pretty and good at sports. She has a “I can do whatever I want” mentality. It will harm her relationships going forward if she cant have some humility. Good news is tis could be a catalyst for growth.
My buddy is a manager at scheels. He saw the tape. Had she not been arrested a couple of weeks ago, it would have been a suspension. From the tape, it would appear that she did it and she can take her skills to another school for all I give a shit. And rumor is, that is exactly what is going to happen. No big loss.

Every now and then I'll snag a Snickers and not scan it. I justify it as payment for my labor
I live 3 blocks from Scheels and frequent the store quite often. I could be wrong, but I have never seen a self-scanner there.

My buddy is a manager at scheels. He saw the tape. Had she not been arrested a couple of weeks ago, it would have been a suspension. From the tape, it would appear that she did it and she can take her skills to another school for all I give a shit. And rumor is, that is exactly what is going to happen. No big loss.
Cook will handle it as he sees fit. But saying a Freshman that was 3rd team all American not a big loss is not accurate.

My god a manager at Scheels...does he threaten suicide every year during Christmas shopping?

I agree, She is probably one the top ten players in the country. so easy too replace.

Cook will handle it as he sees fit. But saying a Freshman that was 3rd team all American not a big loss is not accurate.
This is my opinion but I don’t think Cook will handle any of it. That is the ADs responsibility and the last thing you want is the coach to decide the players fate. You take it out of the coaches hand.

Not that this compares but I unfortunately had to suspend HS students from sports and sponsored activities. I talked to the coaches but the decision is the AD/administrstors.

Again, just my opinion. I do think she will leave. She very likely has lost the trust of teammates which is extremely valuable.

Cmon children gather ‘round, it’s time for Dingle’s I’ve-got-a-friend story time once again.
If it were me, and it was the checker's fault, I would be compelled to bring back that 1# package of hamburger I bought there last week. LOL Sometimes, you've got to teach through negative reinforcement. (It's still a meat item).

I think he either just keeps it. Or in returning a whole tenderloin, it could result in a termination of an employee who just made a mistake. I gotta believe the Manager would be more forgiving if it were just a pound of ground beef.

This is my opinion but I don’t think Cook will handle any of it. That is the ADs responsibility and the last thing you want is the coach to decide the players fate. You take it out of the coaches hand.

Not that this compares but I unfortunately had to suspend HS students from sports and sponsored activities. I talked to the coaches but the decision is the AD/administrstors.

Again, just my opinion. I do think she will leave. She very likely has lost the trust of teammates which is extremely valuable.
You could be right. After the game in Kearney I saw an interview with cook and he said when asked about the situation he did say it’s out of my hands:and the trust part. She had the DUI . Then followed it up with the shoplifting. You could be spot on with this post.

In case you didn't realize it, all Division I athletes have been on scholarship since the 5th grade.

As Deacon on King of Queen's would say, "I believe you believe it." J/k dingle.

It's not uncommon for dingle, and myself, to catch shit from people on this board when he or I bring someone of notoriety into our circle of friends. Not everybody has lived a sheltered life in good ole Nebraska, some of us old folks HAVE actually met some high profile people.

As Deacon on King of Queen's would say, "I believe you believe it." J/k dingle.

It's not uncommon for dingle, and myself, to catch shit from people on this board when he or I bring someone of notoriety into our circle of friends. Not everybody has lived a sheltered life in good ole Nebraska, some of us old folks HAVE actually met some high profile people.
I shook the President's hand.

I shook the President's hand.
Shook Gerald Ford’s hand and had a picture taken with him in vermillion SD. As a baby I had my picture taken with Nixon in North Dakota when he was the VP candidate too. I’m old. I can add a few more life experiences if you like that some wouldn’t believe.

Shook Gerald Ford’s hand and had a picture taken with him in vermillion SD. As a baby I had my picture taken with Nixon in North Dakota when he was the VP candidate too. I’m old. I can add a few more life experiences if you like that some wouldn’t believe.
In Omaha. I was 9 years old.

UG92ujvl.jpg

If this is all true, he should have suspender her off the team totally already and then boot her completely. She is a great player. Needs to get help and then worry about volleyball.
Listening to cook I don’t think he has any say in her punishment. The university will decide her fate and they will wait for the legal part to run its course. I know she is in court today for her DUI

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT