ADVERTISEMENT

Friday, May 6th Nebraska at Minnesota (Huskers WIN 12-5)

swept.png

Husker Lineup:

1. Chick - 2B
2. Anglim - RF
3. Everitt - C
4. Anderson - 1B
5. Banjoff - LF
6. Jackson - SS
7. Gomes - DH
8. Sartori - CF
9. Cervantes - 3B

Last edited:
Reactions: BrighteRed24
Husker Lineup:

1. Chick - CF
2. Anglim - RF
3. Everitt - C
4. Anderson - 1B
5. Banjoff - LF
6. Matthews - SS
7. Jackson - 2B
8. Gomes - DH
9. Cervantes - 3B
Matthews was a late scratch after suffering a knee injury in pregame.

If there was batter's interference the throw should have been to the right of the bag. Typical B1G call...

Reactions: k9_r
I’m excited to see this Husker lineup against the rest of the Gopher arms.
That too, hopefully Matthews is able to play this weekend. Sounds like there could be a doubleheader tomorrow with rain in the forecast on Sunday.

That too, hopefully Matthews is able to play this weekend. Sounds like there could be a doubleheader tomorrow with rain in the forecast on Sunday.
I suppose it’s not quite too late yet but I’m shocked a DH for today hasn’t been announced. It looks like rain off and on all day tomorrow. And neither school is done with finals so finishing Monday isn’t an option.

Perhaps Minnesota would prefer a weather cancellation.

Reactions: sklarbodds
I suppose it’s not quite too late yet but I’m shocked a DH for today hasn’t been announced. It looks like rain off and on all day tomorrow. And neither school is done with finals so finishing Monday isn’t an option.

Perhaps Minnesota would prefer a weather cancellation.
It shouldn't be up to Minnesota, the league should step in and make sure they get the games in.

Minnesota considers baseball a rec league sport unfortunately
Sklar, have to call you out on that one. Yes, they have sucked for the last year and a half, lack of talent and in need of a coaching staff overhaul, but they have always taken baseball seriously. Besides the huge success at the national level in the 50's, 60's and 70's, they were for decades the only team besides Michigan that were serious about baseball in the BIG. that is evident by the number B1G titles and NCAA appearances. As recently as 2018, the Gophers hosted a regional and played Oregon State is the supers. I know you and others really don't like Anderson and even I think it is time to for him to move on, but baseball has been important to the Gophers for a long time.

Sklar, have to call you out on that one. Yes, they have sucked for the last year and a half, lack of talent and in need of a coaching staff overhaul, but they have always taken baseball seriously. Besides the huge success at the national level in the 50's, 60's and 70's, they were for decades the only team besides Michigan that were serious about baseball in the BIG. that is evident by the number B1G titles and NCAA appearances. As recently as 2018, the Gophers hosted a regional and played Oregon State is the supers. I know you and others really don't like Anderson and even I think it is time to for him to move on, but baseball has been important to the Gophers for a long time.
In my book you lose all respect when you want to take your ball and go home because you can't compete with Southern schools. They do indeed have history which is why Anderson should be looking at ways to better his program and the league instead of hiding away in the Summer.

Reactions: sklarbodds
In my book you lose all respect when you want to take your ball and go home because you can't compete with Southern schools. They do indeed have history which is why Anderson should be looking at ways to better his program and the league instead of hiding away in the Summer.
I understand your feelings on that, but there hasn't been any of that talk for a couple of years.

As HF31 already said, my beef is with Anderson's attitude about basically making it intramural and not playing a division 1 schedule.

The gophers do have a history, which makes it all the more sad.

Maybe he's changed his mind on it, but not to my knowledge. I'm which case I'd retract my comment.

As HF31 already said, my beef is with Anderson's attitude about basically making it intramural and not playing a division 1 schedule.

The gophers do have a history, which makes it all the more sad.

Maybe he's changed his mind on it, but not to my knowledge. I'm which case I'd retract my comment.
They have always played a few small schools from the local area mid week for decades. When Iowa and Wisconsin have only one D1 program, Wisconsin Green Bay, and the 2 Dakota schools it is not much to pick from for reasonable travel mid week games. The Gophers have always traveled and played very good non conference schedules. Good DQ Classics in the past. Their history of success carried well into the 2000's as late as 2018 certainly playing a D1 schedule. Anderson has been there for almost all the success as a player and coach, must of done something right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT