ADVERTISEMENT

Friday, March 29th Nebraska at Northwestern (Huskers win 5-2)

So frustrating. If I were the opposition I would start every inning by intentionally walking the bases loaded. We are incredibly inept at hitting with them loaded up.

Sears has limited the damage, but Northwestern is hitting him like to team has this year.
But the dude pushes through and only gives up 2 runs in 7+ innings. (With an assist to KP for getting out of a bases-loaded-no-outs jam in the 8th.)

So frustrating. If I were the opposition I would start every inning by intentionally walking the bases loaded. We are incredibly inept at hitting with them loaded up.
We’ve actually been pretty good with runners on scoring position this year overall.

Childress and Sears just moved away from the fastball and suddenly mowed down 12+ in a row.
Wonder if that adjustment will extend into the weekend. I do think Sears was hanging the fastball more than normal but boy did they get out of some jams today.

Wonder if that adjustment will extend into the weekend. I do think Sears was hanging the fastball more than normal but boy did they get out of some jams today.
Yeah I'm not sure, 3 pm was not an ideal start time on a weekday as far as being able to follow closely, so I don't know if it was simply a location/command problem, but in the last two innings it was definitely the free passes that were getting annoying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT