ADVERTISEMENT

For the hire Frost now crew??

Miserable? Why should we be miserable about that? Believe it or not, some of us don't think Scott Frost is the only person on this earth who can make this program great again. And there's also no guarantee he succeeds anywhere anyway. Good grief-the guy is 9-7 at UCF, and people are ready to crown him as the biggest sure thing ever. I shudder to think what the hype machine would be like for him if he had a record over his first two seasons like Tom Herman did.
You apparently can't read a bolded post. I was saying it's a flat-out lie that you weren't some Riley basher, because you've proven that you are with your other posts.
Son, I'm going to give you a little lesson. I do not care who the coach is. Ask a well- respected coach what the bottom line is? They will ALL say the same thing- Wins and losses. That is what matters. Football 101.

Reactions: YouGotSwatted!
Son, I'm going to give you a little lesson. I do not care who the coach is. Ask a well- respected coach what the bottom line is? They will ALL say the same thing- Wins and losses. That is what matters. Football 101.
First of all, I'm not your son and I don't need your "lesson". Don't patronize me by using that language. Second of all, you don't care who the coach is? The heck you don't. Sure, I guess that's why you're on here happily telling everyone that Riley is on his way out.

Reactions: Husker-NJ and c2o
First of all, I'm not your son and I don't need your "lesson". Don't patronize me by using that language. Second of all, you don't care who the coach is? The heck you don't. Sure, I guess that's why you're on here happily telling everyone that Riley is on his way out.
OK. I am sorry. Have a good night.

His dismissal is a done deal. It doesn't matter who he beats or how many wins he gets. The plan is in motion already. I am not some Riley basher, but if you can't read between the lines, you need to learn a bit more on how college athletics work.
This. Im positive that the people with influence decided long ago that Eichorst made a sh*t hire, and will not waste this opportunity.

Reactions: Chuck003
One of the best ways to piss somebody off is to call them son.
And then follow up with talking about giving them a lesson.

Chuck wasn't even talking to me but managed to make me mad.
C20, I knew that before I posted. And by the way, your post was pretty damn funny.

This. Im positive that the people with influence decided long ago that Eichorst made a sh*t hire, and will not waste this opportunity.

I hope those people of interest have Wannstedt's or Houston Nutt's signature on a contract before firing a 9 win co...wait, this is deja vu all over again.

You know, there is a book written by one of the greatest coaches of all time. Dude fielded the best team of all time and won three national championships. Man, I wish I could remember his name or the name of the book. Oh well, I'm sure it will come to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
If Riley wins the west and beats Wisconsin or OSU do you REALLY think he will be fired at seasons end? And how miserable would you be??
So with your line of thinking...would they hang themselves if you won a NC?

... Actually that kinda makes us @$$holes...

...and I agree that's (sadly) exactly how way too many small town nebraskans act for virtually everything much less football.

I was just thinking about this exact thing today. I was remembering he said on his way to the first Spring Game people were tailgating and throwing footballs around and it looked like a big family picnic. What he didn't understand about all the smiling Nebraska family members is they smile until you bring potato salad to the picnic with too much mayonnaise. Then the whole community turns on you, shuns you, and drives you out. Doesn't make us terrible people, it is just the way we are. The key is to bring good stuff to the picnic.
... Actually that kinda makes us @$$holes...

...and I agree that's (sadly) exactly how way too many small town nebraskans act for virtually everything much less football.

That was supposed to be to that.

Cant hire frost now. Mike is still the coach. I will support him until he isnt. If hes fired/retires I hope they do a thorough search and find the best candidate. If it ended up being frost I would support him as well. At this point ive seen so much bad football I could almost support Barry Switzer as our coach if he was able to get this program where it should be. Almost made myself puke saying and believing it.

If Riley wins the west and beats Wisconsin or OSU do you REALLY think he will be fired at seasons end? And how miserable would you be??

He won't beat either so we don't need to worry about it. Hey, I would like him to be successful...but the writing is on the wall. Why waste more time with a coach that doesn't have it. Time to move on and and forward.

Frost took over a team that was conference champions in 2010, 2013 and 2014. In 2013 ucf went to a BCS bowl and beat the #6 ranked team. They won 47 games between 2010 and 2014. Yep the program was in terrible dispair.
And had a losing record in 2011 and winless in 2015, but those years don't count because that doesn't fit your argument. Watch UCF with your eyes. If you have any football acumen whatsoever, you can see UCF is a very well coached team and his QB, RB, most of the O-Line are already his recruits from his first 2 years at UCF. But then again you conveniently left that out. His true sophomore QB (Milton) gives them better QB play than any QB Nebraska has had over the past 10 years.

Frost took over a team that was conference champions in 2010, 2013 and 2014. In 2013 ucf went to a BCS bowl and beat the #6 ranked team. They won 47 games between 2010 and 2014. Yep the program was in terrible dispair.
UCF also went on probation and lost scholarships as well as having other restrictions put on the program in 2012. There were some things going against Frost when he got there. You can say what you want, but he still took over a 0 win team. You still have to coach them up, and he is doing it. Unfortunately we hired a guy who is very poor at it. But but he is pulling great recruits. As we keep losing, they will jump ship and his classes still aren't much better than Bo's on paper to justify keeping him for that sole purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
No fire if the scenario goes as you present it. I just wonder, even if he wins 8/9 games, does he want to coach anymore once this season is done? I think c2o might be money with his comment.

And had a losing record in 2011 and winless in 2015, but those years don't count because that doesn't fit your argument. Watch UCF with your eyes. If you have any football acumen whatsoever, you can see UCF is a very well coached team and his QB, RB, most of the O-Line are already his recruits from his first 2 years at UCF. But then again you conveniently left that out. His true sophomore QB (Milton) gives them better QB play than any QB Nebraska has had over the past 10 years.
Your post i replied to already went over 2015 which is the only season you used yet you want to talk about ignoring seasons to fit an argument. As for the 2011 losing season it was included in the 47 wins from 2010 to 2014. So even with a losing season they managed to average over 9 wins a season.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
"The next Osborne". Wow. I really don't even know how to respond to that.
Osborne sucked and cheated it shouldn't be that hard (kidding)
what about 15?
So you're saying any coach who happened to be hired by ucf would have blown out both Maryland and Memphis, correct?

Whether some of us really like Frost or whether some of dislike him, we'd be fools not too
consider him especially if he is interested in the job..

If we played them the past 5 weeks UCF would have destroyed the Huskers.

You know good and well there are people who would be. Some people don't care one bit about anything except getting their Husker savior here to bring the 90s back, because we all know it's so obvious it's going to happen. They only want the team to win when the "right" coach is here.

For your bull$*** to hold water we need to see Riley play some smart competitive football in Lincoln first. The problem is you are making up fantasies about fans being upset with a good football team and Riley at the helm.

The fact is Riley has sucked for 20+ years and people that were upset with the hire saw that. For you to equate that to wishing failure is ridiculous. We aren’t wishing for failure, we are witnessing it.

Going back to 90s style football culture may not be the worst thing in the world as you seem to think.

For your bull$*** to hold water we need to see Riley play some smart competitive football in Lincoln first. The problem is you are making up fantasies about fans being upset with a good football team and Riley at the helm.

The fact is Riley has sucked for 20+ years and people that were upset with the hire saw that. For you to equate that to wishing failure is ridiculous. We aren’t wishing for failure, we are witnessing it.

Going back to 90s style football culture may not be the worst thing in the world as you seem to think.
His name should be truerileyfan, because he obviously hates our history and would rather lose with Riley than potentially win with anyone else.

Some people "see the writing on the wall" and Riley winning the division "would only be delaying the inevitable (ala Callahan) and we'd end up missing on "the next Osborne". Literally a real life conversation I had on Facebook.
Huh???

There's more risk in not hiring Frost. He will end up at a big program soon and if he is successful the next AD will be known as the guy that didn't hire Frost. There's no risk for the next AD in hiring Frost, the downside is very limited (fan support). Question is can it wait till next season?

Reactions: Bruce1981
My other question would be,is Frost interested in being the next Head Coach at Nebraska? Some people on the board think he wouldn't be interested going home because of pressure of winning here.

It is sad how desperate Nebraska fans have become. Living 20 years in the past and hoping that the coach of an American conference team, UCF, is going to “fix” what they perceive is wrong in Lincoln.

Discussions about coaching changes and wish lists used to involve Saban, Meyer, Stoops and guys of that rarefied air, and now it is the coach with one year experience at a level that is more or less FCS plus level competition and it hasn’t even been that impressive. Said coach if hired here for the 2018 season would fail in Lincoln. Hell, if he had grown up in any other state and played his college ball in that state, there is no one who would even mention him.

It is sad how desperate Nebraska fans have become. Living 20 years in the past and hoping that the coach of an American conference team, UCF, is going to “fix” what they perceive is wrong in Lincoln.

Discussions about coaching changes and wish lists used to involve Saban, Meyer, Stoops and guys of that rarefied air, and now it is the coach with one year experience at a level that is more or less FCS plus level competition and it hasn’t even been that impressive. Said coach if hired here for the 2018 season would fail in Lincoln. Hell, if he had grown up in any other state and played his college ball in that state, there is no one who would even mention him.

It's like you want to watch us lose to Troy at home next year.

It's like you want to watch us lose to Troy at home next year.

I read my post carefully and didn’t find anything about losing to Troy. This is the most talent deficient upper class I’ve seen in Lincoln since the late Solich years. The talent we are playing is young and needs developed. Period.

Straw man, those coaches were never in play for NU. For some reason we'd never pay that kind of money.

I read my post carefully and didn’t find anything about losing to Troy. This is the most talent deficient upper class I’ve seen in Lincoln since the late Solich years. The talent we are playing is young and needs developed. Period.

You Keeping Riley (I.e. You wanting a "Young and needs developed" runway) means you really want that Troy loss.

You seem to ignore the 0-12 team.
UCF averaged under 8 wins a year for the six years before Frost took over.
Nebraska average over 9 wins a year for the six years before Riley took over.

UCF won 0 games the year before (Frost +6) First year HC
NU won 9 games the year before (Riley -3) Experienced HC

If Riley does enough to survive the next 2 years, the next coach will be walking into a team loaded with talent and is nationally relevant again.

I tend to agree with this but there is that other option that scares people. He gets his two years. He wins 6 or 7 games and they keep him. Followed by 5 or 6 games next year. The talent isn't there and the National Relevancy isn't there.

drops mic and walks away.

Reactions: YouGotSwatted!

You clearly don't understand that there were some bad attitudes and a few players that weren't athletically up to snuff when Riley took over. Frost, or any other new coach ever, didn't have to deal with any of that.

Cool, you guys go hire Scott Frost while in the meantime Nebraska will hire an actual experienced, seasoned, and successful coach. Good luck to ya, let us know how it goes with SF

Cool, you guys go hire Scott Frost while in the meantime Nebraska will hire an actual experienced, seasoned, and successful coach. Good luck to ya, let us know how it goes with SF
I don't want to see Riley canned. But most college football writers outside of Nebraska see Frost as the real deal. Apparently you don't.

I don't want to see Riley canned. But most college football writers outside of Nebraska see Frost as the real deal. Apparently you don't.

Yes, you are correct. If he's hired, let's say, then I will support him and let him do his thing. However, I do see this as a key opportunity/moment for Nebraska's long term success (both on the field and financially), so choose wisely when all the options are on the table.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT