ADVERTISEMENT

For the hire Frost now crew??

I don't want to see Riley canned. But most college football writers outside of Nebraska see Frost as the real deal. Apparently you don't.

With respect to recruiting, which has been Nebraska’s biggest downfall over the last 20 years, he is a significant step back from the last two Tradition Coalition supported coaches.

For your bull$*** to hold water we need to see Riley play some smart competitive football in Lincoln first. The problem is you are making up fantasies about fans being upset with a good football team and Riley at the helm.

The fact is Riley has sucked for 20+ years and people that were upset with the hire saw that. For you to equate that to wishing failure is ridiculous. We aren’t wishing for failure, we are witnessing it.

Going back to 90s style football culture may not be the worst thing in the world as you seem to think.
You completely missed the point about the 90s. I'm saying there are people out there that seem to think that we hire Scott Frost, and instantly the success of the 90s come back. It's not that simple, but it's clear that's what a lot of people believe.

You completely missed the point about the 90s. I'm saying there are people out there that seem to think that we hire Scott Frost, and instantly the success of the 90s come back. It's not that simple, but it's clear that's what a lot of people believe.

I think you missed the point.

It is your opinion that people think that and you just made it up out of thin air. I hated the Riley hire and wanted him fired every day since he was hired so we could BEGIN the process of fielding a competitive team again.

Although for a brief moment I held out the hope when he was announced that the administration was making a smart move by hiring him and bring in Frost as OC with a million dollar salary and a HC in waiting title.

Nope. My heart sank when they announced Langs and Banker and I knew we were in a hell hole.

I expect the new hire to be in quite the hole as I’m sure a lot of good Riley recruits will head elsewhere. But when I watch the next coach I will do what I did for Riley. Look for preparation, fundamentals, and Xs and Os to be good. Instead of piss poor like we have seen for the past 3 years.

If I see that I will have hope. If I don’t I will want to move on yet again. Recruiting doesn’t matter if you can’t even call the right plays. Or game plan to throw 50 passes on the road in the rain, wind and fog.

That is just dumb coaching and not acceptable outside of Middle School.

I would like to see the non existent quotes from posters talking about how we will be as good as we were in the 90's if Frost is hired. You're creating an argument based on narrative that doesn't exist.

Reactions: f00tball_fan
I would like to see the non existent quotes from posters talking about how we will be as good as we were in the 90's if Frost is hired. You're creating an argument based on narrative that doesn't exist.

That is all these fans have. A false narrative to support less than mediocre football and make excuses for an embarrassment on the field.

I was called a Missouri Tigers fan for over a year because I wouldn’t hop on the Riley bandwagon. I never apologize for using facts and basic logic when evaluating a hire.

I think you missed the point.

It is your opinion that people think that and you just made it up out of thin air. I hated the Riley hire and wanted him fired every day since he was hired so we could BEGIN the process of fielding a competitive team again.

Although for a brief moment I held out the hope when he was announced that the administration was making a smart move by hiring him and bring in Frost as OC with a million dollar salary and a HC in waiting title.

Nope. My heart sank when they announced Langs and Banker and I knew we were in a hell hole.

I expect the new hire to be in quite the hole as I’m sure a lot of good Riley recruits will head elsewhere. But when I watch the next coach I will do what I did for Riley. Look for preparation, fundamentals, and Xs and Os to be good. Instead of piss poor like we have seen for the past 3 years.

If I see that I will have hope. If I don’t I will want to move on yet again. Recruiting doesn’t matter if you can’t even call the right plays. Or game plan to throw 50 passes on the road in the rain, wind and fog.

That is just dumb coaching and not acceptable outside of Middle School.
Your stupidity must be painful.

Your stupidity must be painful.

It takes a lot of intellect to call names without substantiation of your insult. What did I say that was stupid? Sounds like a lot of hate I received when I criticized the Riley hire early on. I couldn’t believe how obviously bad this hire was and people couldn’t see it.

I just chalked it up to red kool aid filled with vodka. It must still be pouring.

Just because those people aren't on here doesn't mean they aren't there. I've seen that exact statement in those exact words made-"if we hire Scott Frost, we're gonna start winning like the 90s again". Somebody in another thread said they've seen people call him "the next Osborne". If you don't think there are people out there who think he's the second coming of Osborne and think we're going to automatically start winning like the 90s again, you're kidding yourself.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
It takes a lot of intellect to call names without substantiation of your insult. What did I say that was stupid? Sounds like a lot of hate I received when I criticized the Riley hire early on. I couldn’t believe how obviously bad this hire was and people couldn’t see it.

I just chalked it up to red kool aid filled with vodka. It must still be pouring.
Your whole premise is hypocritical and stupid and not worth addressing. You want the current guy fired but ignore the fact that by doing so it sets things back another 5 years. How patient are you going to be with a series of .500 football while The annointed golden boy learns how to actually be a head coach. The answer is that you will be calling for heads at the end of year two like you are now.

The MR hire hasn’t played out on the field but then again only looking at the results on Saturday is what makes so many fools of you all.

Just because those people aren't on here doesn't mean they aren't there. I've seen that exact statement in those exact words made-"if we hire Scott Frost, we're gonna start winning like the 90s again". Somebody in another thread said they've seen people call him "the next Osborne". If you don't think there aren't people out there who think he's the second coming of Osborne and think we're going to automatically start winning like the 90s again, you're kidding yourself.

I have never seen it but I’ll take your word for it. Those people are idiots.

I just want someone that won’t flat out embarrass us.

Your whole premise is hypocritical and stupid and not worth addressing. You want the current guy fired but ignore the fact that by doing so it sets things back another 5 years. How patient are you going to be with a series of .500 football while The annointed golden boy learns how to actually be a head coach. The answer is that you will be calling for heads at the end of year two like you are now.

The MR hire hasn’t played out on the field but then again only looking at the results on Saturday is what makes so many fools of you all.

So instead of setting us back for 5 years we should wait and make sure we are set back 5 years after another wasted year or two on Riley.

I seriously don’t understand that mentality. Becoming a bigger disappointment and dumpster fire for another couple of years is supposed to help us how? Losing the sellout streak. Just losing period makes us better in 2020?

There are plenty of ways to address this situation but if something isn’t done to look at a post Riley regime then we are going to be sitting here in 2023 saying “just give ‘him’ a couple more years” whoever “him” is.

Also how much farther back can we go? We just lost to Northern Illinois and scraped by an awful Rutgers team and Arkansas State.

Where the hell are you worried about us falling to?

So who is the successful coach? It's not Riley.

Riley is a very bad coach and he should have never of come here. People need to "cool" it a bit on Frost though. If they feel like he's the right guy for the job, then it has to be for good reasons other than "Nebraska guy". Nebraska is in a great position where they are theoretically, with only having to beat Wisconsin to get to the BIG champ game. Once you're able to do that, then you start to worry about playing Ohio St or Michigan every year. Who wouldn't see that as completely realistic with Nebraska? If they hire someone, it needs to be the right person, whether that's Frost or Les Miles or whomever.

UCF now ranked #25 in Coaches Poll

People would have you believe Frost isn’t that great and we are better off sitting with Riley for a few more years.

I am more of a fan of results on the field though. Riley was left with a perennial 9 win team in a power 5 conference. Frost inherited an 0-12 team in a crap conference.

In the same amount of time one of those teams has massively improved and the other has fell into miserable decline.

Frost is a better coach. Period.

Just because those people aren't on here doesn't mean they aren't there. I've seen that exact statement in those exact words made-"if we hire Scott Frost, we're gonna start winning like the 90s again". Somebody in another thread said they've seen people call him "the next Osborne". If you don't think there are people out there who think he's the second coming of Osborne and think we're going to automatically start winning like the 90s again, you're kidding yourself.

Yeah and I can find a few people in the world who think the moon is made of cheese. That tiny minority doesn't equate to a lot of people. On the other hand I can find quite a few people that think Mike Riley can have sustained success at NU despite the lack of any sort of tangible evidence. That's equally as ridiculous as the few people who think Frost is the next Osborne.

Riley is a very bad coach and he should have never of come here. People need to "cool" it a bit on Frost though. If they feel like he's the right guy for the job, then it has to be for good reasons other than "Nebraska guy". Nebraska is in a great position where they are theoretically, with only having to beat Wisconsin to get to the BIG champ game. Once you're able to do that, then you start to worry about playing Ohio St or Michigan every year. Who wouldn't see that as completely realistic with Nebraska? If they hire someone, it needs to be the right person, whether that's Frost or Les Miles or whomever.
Think maybe you should have chosen a different screen name? It certainly doesn't match your viewpoint.

And had a losing record in 2011 and winless in 2015, but those years don't count because that doesn't fit your argument. Watch UCF with your eyes. If you have any football acumen whatsoever, you can see UCF is a very well coached team and his QB, RB, most of the O-Line are already his recruits from his first 2 years at UCF. But then again you conveniently left that out. His true sophomore QB (Milton) gives them better QB play than any QB Nebraska has had over the past 10 years.

A great quote from the UCF board:

"Our players are playing with passion, excitement, and confidence. That's all the coaches doing. I had my doubts last year on a couple of the coaches. I believe in all of them now."

Coaching matters. Some have it and some don't.

Yeah and I can find a few people in the world who think the moon is made of cheese. That tiny minority doesn't equate to a lot of people. On the other hand I can find quite a few people that think Mike Riley can have sustained success at NU despite the lack of any sort of tangible evidence. That's equally as ridiculous as the few people who think Frost is the next Osborne.

I think it is more ridiculous. Riley was older when hired than Osborne was when he retired. Frost has many years ahead of him and more upside already than Riley ever had.

Based on what I’ve seen, Frost’s coaching ability is already higher than Riley’s. I have yet to see Frost refusing to run on 3rd and 2 or throwing 50 passes in the rain, wind and fog against the worst rush defense in the league with your backup QB.

I had never seen a coaching decision that dumb in my entire life and doubt I ever will again.

I'm not exactly disagreeing with your points but UCF was throwing on 3rd and 2 last night.

I’m sure he was. It probably made more sense and was successful when he did it though.

It was situational.

I meant more of a mindset. It almost seems our coaches set out to prove passing works no matter the situation.

By my count,12 players that either started or received substantial playing time are freshman or sophomores. Was the loss against NIU on the coaches? Pretty much, the team was flat, the coaches failed to find a solution on offense (Ziggy?), and thus was embarrassed at home. But this has happened to better, more experienced NU teams with other coaches.
The program will survive regardless of the decision is that Riley is fired/retires, or stays another season or more. Frost appears to be a quality coach, and would probably get some cushion we haven't afforded our coaches since Solich. If Frost ends up here, I would hope he considers retaining Diaco to work with the young bunch we have on D, so we don't have a total program reset.
But is there any chance some of you could show a bit of humanity to a quality person. He is our coach now, he and his staff are trying to improve this staff.

A year ago, NU sat at #8. And losers like you two didn't want him around.

Yes. We beat the worst Oregon team in years and some bad Big Ten teams. Then we got raked over the coals by OSU 62-3 in one of the most lopsided loss of all time.

I’m sure we were really the 8th best team last year.

What a bunch of dumb idiots we are for not seeing the greatness of Riley.

Think maybe you should have chosen a different screen name? It certainly doesn't match your viewpoint.

The screen name was meant to be ironic. My screen name pic says it all.

Riley is an awful coach. I gasped in horror when he was first announced. Regarding SF, I'll have to watch some UCF games to see where this Frost love is coming from.

Craig Bohl will show Riley how to coach. Oops

Oregon will run NU out of Memorial Stadium. Oops

NW will beat the Skers, just watch. Oops

Illinois 2015 will repeat. Oops

Wilson's offense will be too much. Oops

Purdue beat NU the year before and will make it 2 consecutive. Just like Illinois was suppose to. Oops

You losers are rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Truehuskerfan

Why does it set things back five years?

The last coach took over a 5 win team and had us at 9 wins the first year and he wasn't even any good and he had never been a head coach.

This is what the Riley era has become, a bunch of fans trying to scare us into holding onto the old man that can't coach.

The last coach took over a 5 win team and had us at 9 wins the first year and he wasn't even any good and he had never been a head coach.

This is what the Riley era has become, a bunch of fans trying to scare us into holding onto the old man that can't coach.

Even if it did set us back 5 years my question has always been why keep tacking on years of mediocrity on top of the 5?

You clearly don't understand that there were some bad attitudes and a few players that weren't athletically up to snuff when Riley took over. Frost, or any other new coach ever, didn't have to deal with any of that.
No you don't understand. Almost every coach walks into a new program with torn players. Great coaches create their own buy in. The only reason this is a big issue is Riley supporters have rallied around it trying to explain MR's lack of success. But they promised us this year would be different and no excuses. Yep

Last edited:
Reactions: oldjar07
Cool, you guys go hire Scott Frost while in the meantime Nebraska will hire an actual experienced, seasoned, and successful coach. Good luck to ya, let us know how it goes with SF
Wasn't that the Mike Riley hire? Albeit it not sure the definition of successful is.

Wasn't that the Mike Riley hire? Albeit it not sure the definition of successful is.
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? This guy agrees with you about Riley. What is this a "I hate Riley more than you do" game? I'm just waiting to see how long before Godwin's law comes into play.

It takes five years to do a total overhaul of your roster. We are in the midst of transitioning now and pulling the plug on that now is a total reset with the present state of the roster.

If you can’t see that the primary problem is talent and depth, you don’t really understand the program.

No you don't understand. Almost every coach walks into a new program with torn players. Great coaches create their own buy in. The only reason this is a big issue is Riley supporters have rallied around it trying to explain MR's lack of success. But they promised us this year would be different and no excuses. Yep

I didn't lay on the sarcasm heavy enough.

Yes. We beat the worst Oregon team in years and some bad Big Ten teams. Then we got raked over the coals by OSU 62-3 in one of the most lopsided loss of all time.

I’m sure we were really the 8th best team last year.

What a bunch of dumb idiots we are for not seeing the greatness of Riley.

Yea and those smart people were also criticizing the sports center people for laughing at Nebraska thinking they were a quality #8 team. Us idiots must have been the reason he went 2-4 after that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT