ADVERTISEMENT

Damion Daniels

He was probably just trying to show his appreciation … but man if this was indeed a quote, what a horrible turn of phrase

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
IT sounds like we should make a BIG DEAL out of this quote. I listen intently to all 20 year olds when they talk, because they are so full of wisdom and insight.
Wisdom and insight have nothing to do with it. It's a basic observation that even 20 years olds, especially one that is playing and experienced it first hand, can make. I don't think it is a BIG DEAL, but it is a deal .

As an adult messaging matters - I’m sure an NFL position coach would love it if one of their players were quoted as saying we play harder when the owner is at practice

Reactions: Red I 73
Isn't Frost the boss?
Trev is the boss's boss. Not saying they should need extra motivation, just saying, human nature works that way and kids say dumb things like that. You got a charismatic leader like Alberts walking around, some kids are going to take the opportunity to make themselves look extra special

Trev was an all American , first round draft pick who played pro ball. Of course they would bust it in front of him. Seems like basic human nature. Way too much being made about the quote imo.

Trev is the boss's boss. Not saying they should need extra motivation, just saying, human nature works that way and kids say dumb things like that. You got a charismatic leader like Alberts walking around, some kids are going to take the opportunity to make themselves look extra special
In that case, maybe the answer to this thing turning around is having the Board of Regents, the President, and the Chancellor all hang at practice.

If the CEO of my company comes to town, I'll probably act a little different than my normal self. Not earth shattering news

Trev was an all American , first round draft pick who played pro ball. Of course they would bust it in front of him. Seems like basic human nature. Way too much being made about the quote imo.
I don’t think the issue is whether one plays harder or not if the AD is around versus the head coach … the issue is professing it to the media

Last edited:
Reactions: Anegada1
If the CEO of my company comes to town, I'll probably act a little different than my normal self. Not earth shattering news
Not at all the same thing, except that in both scenarios the boss isn't getting the best out of you, which is really bad when you are the boss and have underperformed for the entirety of your tenure.

Not at all the same thing, except that in both scenarios the boss isn't getting the best out of you, which is really bad when you are the boss and have underperformed for the entirety of your tenure.
I think it's pretty obvious Frost isn't getting the most out of these kids, regardless of Daniels' quote.

• Haha
Reactions: mgbreis and WHCSC
I think there is an over reaction to the quote. I don't believe it was made because Trev is just the AD, it was more so showing respect to Trev and holding him in high regard as a "blackshirt legend". I would suspect if Herschel Walker or Bo Jackson showed up to watch a practice at their schools the players would be saying they felt pressure to work harder during that practice. (Note: I am not saying Trev is as big of a college legend as Walker and Jackson......but he is the AD so the players schmoozing up to him will talk as if he was.)

Listening to a guy who just declared for the NFL draft on matters pertaining to football seems a wise thing to do.
the degree of picking it up and practicing harder would be interesting to me if i were trev. i have worked with slackers my entire working life who would turn into entirely different people when the big shots came around.

I think there is an over reaction to the quote. I don't believe it was made because Trev is just the AD, it was more so showing respect to Trev and holding him in high regard as a "blackshirt legend". I would suspect if Herschel Walker or Bo Jackson showed up to watch a practice at their schools the players would be saying they felt pressure to work harder during that practice. (Note: I am not saying Trev is as big of a college legend as Walker and Jackson......but he is the AD so the players schmoozing up to him will talk as if he was.)
and vice chancellor.. don't forget that part lol

That, or leaders.
Leaders cannot make much difference. The HC is the one with the power. It’s ridiculous that the presence of the AD would even be noticed but then again look at the win-loss record and special teams play. It should be obvious that practices are a joke.

Leaders cannot make much difference. The HC is the one with the power. It’s ridiculous that the presence of the AD would even be noticed but then again look at the win-loss record and special teams play. It should be obvious that practices are a joke.
I think this has more to do with having a guy with Trev's resume as a player watching you and your D line mates than anything else. Practice can be a drag day after day. People are making way too much of this.

I've ragged on Frost and his staff with increasing venom since their second year. And about a lot of different things. But I look at this quote as a nothing burger.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT