ADVERTISEMENT

Could a 6-6 team be ranked in the top 25?

Could the Huskers with a losing record be favored at home against an undefeated and top ten Iowa?? I think this will happen and may be the first time a top ten team is not the favorite against a team with a losing record. GBR!!! This team will finish strong!
hhn.gif

You guys and your cockiness is going to put you guys in a dark place come Black Friday. I'm not going to sit here and say Nebraska will be favored, but Iowa is not going to come into Lincoln and beat the **** out of a Nebraska team that has been in every game they have played in.

Iowa will not be favored by 7... Our worst loss is by 10 points, although it being Purdue it was on the road... Iowa is good, but they are not world beaters.

Iowa City better have counselors ready to go, because Nebraska could ruin your story book season
After what your jackass AD said about Iowa last year, everyone in the Iowa football program has been preparing for 12 months to put a giant knot on Nebraska's overrated noggin.

It's going to be beautiful.

I think Nebraska needs to evaluate where Iowa is as a program and try harder to catch up.

Early Line: Iowa -3 at Nebraska. That is as of 11/9 at about 10:30am. I forget the book that had it out this early. Sorry.

After what your jackass AD said about Iowa last year, everyone in the Iowa football program has been preparing for 12 months to put a giant knot on Nebraska's overrated noggin.

I think Nebraska needs to evaluate where Iowa is as a program and try harder to catch up.

I think you guys may be retarded.. Why would we look at your program? this is the first year you have done anything for awhile. Hell most of your board wanted Ferentz fired last year. Pretty funny what a touch of winning does.

Reactions: arf_man
You guys and your cockiness is going to put you guys in a dark place come Black Friday. I'm not going to sit here and say Nebraska will be favored, but Iowa is not going to come into Lincoln and beat the **** out of a Nebraska team that has been in every game they have played in.

Iowa will not be favored by 7... Our worst loss is by 10 points, although it being Purdue it was on the road... Iowa is good, but they are not world beaters.

Iowa City better have counselors ready to go, because Nebraska could ruin your story book season
Looks like we have found our replacement for Iowa State...

Reactions: DirkTang and torbee
Fine with me. You routinely lose to Iowa State... We'll gladly take that role over.
Really? You'd take the following record?

ISU vs. Iowa
21-42 all time
14-25 since the re-start of the series in 1977
10-10 in the last 20 games
4-6 in the last 10 games

In my experience, very few Nebraska fans would "gladly" take over that role.

Anyone who thinks Nebraska is "overrated" is not living in reality. Iowa has their process... they're fine with looking good against a weak schedule one out of every 6 years if everything lines up. Other teams are shooting for something more consistent.

Reactions: knightwxc5000
I think you guys may be retarded.. Why would we look at your program? this is the first year you have done anything for awhile. Hell most of your board wanted Ferentz fired last year. Pretty funny what a touch of winning does.

:eek:

The only thing that worries me about NE, as an Iowa fan, is that Tommy can improvise with his feet (incredible value in that). CJ can as well but he is really dinged and can't be expected to play superman running the ball every game.

Having said that Iowa should win the game. Better QB play IMO (TA makes too many bonehead mistakes throwing the ball), better running game (although NE appeared to figure something out against MSU), receivers are comparable, much better secondary for Iowa, push on run D.

Things that worry me; TA running the ball, NE coming off bye and Iowa with a short week. NE home crowd will now be in this game thanks to choking MSU.

Things that should worry NE; TA throwing the ball on Iowa's secondary, Iowa's run game now with home-run threats, CJ extending drives with his arm, Mike Riley abandoning the run game if Iowa stuffs it early.

Things I am thankful for: DPE being injured for this game (feel bad for the kid but in no way want to see him returning kicks/punts against Iowa).

The only thing that worries me about NE, as an Iowa fan, is that Tommy can improvise with his feet (incredible value in that). CJ can as well but he is really dinged and can't be expected to play superman running the ball every game.

Having said that Iowa should win the game. Better QB play IMO (TA makes too many bonehead mistakes throwing the ball), better running game (although NE appeared to figure something out against MSU), receivers are comparable, much better secondary for Iowa, push on run D.

Things that worry me; TA running the ball, NE coming off bye and Iowa with a short week. NE home crowd will now be in this game thanks to choking MSU.

Things that should worry NE; TA throwing the ball on Iowa's secondary, Iowa's run game now with home-run threats, CJ extending drives with his arm, Mike Riley abandoning the run game if Iowa stuffs it early.

Things I am thankful for: DPE being injured for this game (feel bad for the kid but in no way want to see him returning kicks/punts against Iowa).

If the line stays at -3 and I was an Iowa fan I would be all over that bet...as a Husker fan I am not sure what to think of that early line.

It would not shock me if Iowa beat NU or vice-versa.

Iowa won a BCS bowl in 2009 and the Big 10 in 2004.

Nebraska was in its last BCS bowl in 2002 and has never won the Big 10 conference. It's last Big 12 conference victory was 1999 (Kirk Ferentz's second year, interestingly enough - he has won TWO Big 10 championships since then and could be on his way to #3 as we speak).

I do understand your frustration and sadness at seeing Iowa move past Nebraska in football relevance, but the good news is teams like Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Michigan State tend to have ups and downs and you guys might someday be back at the big boy table.

Not for the forseeable future, of course, but don't let it get you too far down little red buddies!

Iowa won a BCS bowl in 2009 and the Big 10 in 2004.

Nebraska was in its last BCS bowl in 2002 and has never won the Big 10 conference. It's last Big 12 conference victory was 1999 (Kirk Ferentz's second year, interestingly enough - he has won TWO Big 10 championships since then and could be on his way to #3 as we speak).

I do understand your frustration and sadness at seeing Iowa move past Nebraska in football relevance, but the good news is teams like Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Michigan State tend to have ups and downs and you guys might someday be back at the big boy table.

Not for the forseeable future, of course, but don't let it get you too far down little red buddies!

hahaha you have never been to the big boy table. Congrats on your 2 Big 10 titles. You haven't won a Big 10 title since we have been in the league, nor have gone to the game, but I guess yeah we should model our program to the standards of having 1 decent year every 7 years or so, and then being right around the .500 mark for the remaining years. Great plan... Oh also.. 3-1 vs. Io_a since joining the Big 10. Enjoy the Big Boys table, as we will climb back up to the adults table where non-poser teams belong.

We have heard this out of Hogeye fans the moment we joined the Big Ten...yet, you are 1-3 vs the Big Red...let me repeat 1-3. That the 1 win you have was against our third string walk on QB. Usually what happens is Iowa fans puff their chest out from about March to the end of November. Then the Big Red beats Iowa once again and the Hogeys vanish for a few months.

What I find so lovable is herkie thinking they're actually top 25 material after such a brutal schedule they've endured. I know, I know. You play who's on your schedule.
We are actually top ten material per the coaches and writers. Having a season like you are having and still talking trash about an undefeated team? Makes me wonder about your smarts.

3 would be more like it. Michigan State wasn't even favored that high. I always root for herkie to lose. But nothing would be cooler than to see Nebraska end herkies hopes of a Rose Bowl on Black Friday.
Such a highly delusional fan base. Still living in 95. NU hasnt been nationally relevant since. You all crowed about how NU was going to dominate the B10. You haven't been close yet.
Live vicariously thru your kids- your relatives - anything but a college football team. How pathetic your fans are. Such smalls lives. NU is not a destination job!!!!!!

We have heard this out of Hogeye fans the moment we joined the Big Ten...yet, you are 1-3 vs the Big Red...let me repeat 1-3. That the 1 win you have was against our third string walk on QB. Usually what happens is Iowa fans puff their chest out from about March to the end of November. Then the Big Red beats Iowa once again and the Hogeys vanish for a few months.
by the way, I notice your a Husker baseball fan. How does it make you feel that three years ago we were 1-2 against you, two years ago we were 2-1 and last spring we swept all three in IC. As the saying goes. One point on a graph means nothing, two points are a trend. I like our trend line better than yours!(Since you wanted to talk trash)

Such a highly delusional fan base. Still living in 95. NU hasnt been nationally relevant since. You all crowed about how NU was going to dominate the B10. You haven't been close yet.
Live vicariously thru your kids- your relatives - anything but a college football team. How pathetic your fans are. Such smalls lives. NU is not a destination job!!!!!!

So since we have joined the Big 10, how many Big 10 title games has Io_a gone to? Hmm... So since we joined the Big 10, what is our record vs. Io_a? Hmm.. I'll live in the recent past, and say Iowa hasn't accomplished near what NU has, since we have joined the Big 10. You are having a great year this year, but isn't it going to burn a little extra if you get beat again on Black Friday??? Keep chirpin.

by the way, I notice your a Husker baseball fan. How does it make you feel that three years ago we were 1-2 against you, two years ago we were 2-1 and last spring we swept all three in IC. As the saying goes. One point on a graph means nothing, two points are a trend. I like our trend line better than yours!(Since you wanted to talk trash)

That's hilarious considering the Big Ten likes to send us to Iowa City...coming in to last year Nebraska had more Big Ten tournament wins than Iowa has had since they started their "baseball" program. RollingLaugh

Tell me...is going 1-3 in football a trend??

That's funny coming from an Iowa fan stalking the Nebraska board. And we are the pathetic fans? Little brother syndrome rears its ugly head once again.

Reactions: leodisflowers
hahaha you have never been to the big boy table. Congrats on your 2 Big 10 titles. You haven't won a Big 10 title since we have been in the league, nor have gone to the game, but I guess yeah we should model our program to the standards of having 1 decent year every 7 years or so, and then being right around the .500 mark for the remaining years. Great plan... Oh also.. 3-1 vs. Io_a since joining the Big 10. Enjoy the Big Boys table, as we will climb back up to the adults table where non-poser teams belong.
Remind me again how a team that hasn't won a conference Championship since we entered a new MILLENNIUM dawned should be respected? RollingLaugh

Seriously, Nebraska hasn't been relevant since the 1990s. Hey, it was a nice century. Try joining this one.

Reactions: Hawkeye King
Remind me again how a team that hasn't won a conference Championship since we entered a new MILLENNIUM dawned should be respected? RollingLaugh

Seriously, Nebraska hasn't been relevant since the 1990s. Hey, it was a nice century. Try joining this one.

Lets be real..those Iowa "conference titles" is a farce....you claim a title with Michigan yet Michigan beat you that year. in 02' you claim a title and would have got spanked by Ohio State. Hell, you lost to Iowa State that year!

Lets be real..those Iowa "conference titles" is a farce....you claim a title with Michigan yet Michigan beat you that year. in 02' you claim a title and would have got spanked by Ohio State. Hell, you lost to Iowa State that year!

Do you claim any shared national titles?

I will hang up and listen.

Reactions: the_hermanator
Do you claim any shared national titles?

I will hang up and listen.

Yes we do...the difference is we don't claim any shared national titles with a team that beat us on the field! Not surprisingly, you don't know the difference. If the Big 12 played by Big Ten rules I guess we could hang up a 2010 Big 12 conference title banner. Or the 2012 Big Ten title!

Do you really want to compare this century? I don't think you are going to get the results you think you are. 2 conference titles is about all you have, wins, conference championship appearances, and head to head you don't.. Sooo...

Yes we do...the difference is we don't claim any shared national titles with a team that beat us on the field!

But you said this: "in 02' you claim a title and would have got spanked by Ohio State.".

So I will ask again, do you claim any shared national titles???

But you said this: "in 02' you claim a title and would have got spanked by Ohio State.".

So I will ask again, do you claim any shared national titles???

So you think claiming a national title with Michigan(both undefeated)...is the same as Iowa claiming a Big Ten title...a year they lost to Iowa State and then lost by 3 touchdowns in their bowl game with a team who went undefeated and won the National Title? Yes...clearly...you all were the best in the Big Ten that year. Only Hogeye logic RollingLaugh

So you think claiming a national title with Michigan(both undefeated)...is the same as Iowa claiming a Big Ten title...a year they lost to Iowa State and then lost by 3 touchdowns in their bowl game with a team who went undefeated and won the National Title? Yes...clearly...you all were the best in the Big Ten that year. Only Hogeye logic RollingLaugh

I wasn't comparing those two things at all, I was questioning your logic bc you walked all over your own feet with your "shared title" theory.

I wasn't comparing those two things at all, I was questioning your logic bc you walked all over your own feet with your "shared title" theory.

I never said Nebraska hasn't or wouldnt share a title. I laugh at the notion of Iowa taking credit for the 02' Big Ten title when you all clearly were not the best team in the league. This year, you will have to earn it for once if you end up in Indy.

I never said Nebraska hasn't or wouldnt share a title. I laugh at the notion of Iowa taking credit for the 02' Big Ten title when you all clearly were not the best team in the league. This year, you will have to earn it for once if you end up in Indy.

I'm happy about a BIG championship game and the CFB playoffs (just need to get them to expand to 8 teams). I don't like the ambiguity of shared titles in anything but that were the rules we had to live with in the past, now that isn't the case HOWEVER what we are seeing is that even with the 4 team format their are still potential situations that leaves potential deserving teams out. They can't get to 8 soon enough IMO.

Could the Huskers with a losing record be favored at home against an undefeated and top ten Iowa?? I think this will happen and may be the first time a top ten team is not the favorite against a team with a losing record. GBR!!! This team will finish strong!
The delusion of some of these posters is unbelievable. Ranked with a 6-6 record and favored over Iowa? Wow.

Anyone who thinks Nebraska is "overrated" is not living in reality. Iowa has their process... they're fine with looking good against a weak schedule one out of every 6 years if everything lines up. Other teams are shooting for something more consistent.
Wait a second...Didn't Iowa beat the teams you guys lost to this season??? That would make Nebraska a weaker team wouldn't it? I hate to add to the smack in this thread and agree that Nebraska will be a tough game but you guys have more problems with your team then we do. Our biggest problem is how healthy Beathard will be by Black Friday. Your biggest problem will be which Tommy will show up?

I agree Nebraska could ruin the story book season and get a bowl bid in the process or Iowa could make history at Nebraska's expense and shock the world going 12 - 0.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT