ADVERTISEMENT

Chubba in the portal

I really don't believe he was offered anything. I don't believe he was invited up to Lincoln by Rhule or anyone on staff. He isn't in the portal so he can't take visits to campuses for purpose of recruiting. To believe that Rhule who says he won't talk about NIL stuff with players is going to be having conversations with a player not in the portal is not at all fathomable to me.
I think he was up in Lincoln to visit friends and things got said. And who knows, maybe he's giving it some thought. The kid seems to be a team kind of guy and by now must understand that drawing an NFL paycheck isn't in his future. NU offers a chance to kind of transition into his next line of work at worst and to start some games if the kid isn't ready at best.

Reactions: BleedRed78
7 pages so far. I put the over under at 10. Because I knew it would turn into a big pissing contest over who sucks worse? Chubba or HH between Kong and Dingle. I bet the overs. Keep going boys!! RollingLaugh
Suffice it to say that neither is as good as the guy everyone is wondering will transfer back to NU.

7 pages so far. I put the over under at 10. Because I knew it would turn into a big pissing contest over who sucks worse? Chubba or HH between Kong and Dingle. I bet the overs. Keep going boys!! RollingLaugh
Dingle and Chubba are very similar

Cowards who run from a challenge

IF I’m Rhule I’m on the phone today to everybody I can think of today trying to find an experienced QB. My pitch is my top 2 QBs are true freshmen and I’m worried that they won’t be ready. After that I tell them that NU has needed to play 3 QBs every year for a decade so you’ll likely get your shot to play even if you’re not the starter in game 1.
I would be concerned about who would be dumb enough to come try to beat out the #1 qb recruit in the country. Or would come and then leave anyway.

Rhule already said the plan is to not run the qbs as much to keep them healthy. DR is built much differently than CT or CP. And HH got beat up taking shots on runs.

Dingle and Chubba are very similar

Cowards who run from a challenge
That should put it over 10. Thanks. Eek
tenor.gif

I think he was up in Lincoln to visit friends and things got said. And who knows, maybe he's giving it some thought. The kid seems to be a team kind of guy and by now must understand that drawing an NFL paycheck isn't in his future. NU offers a chance to kind of transition into his next line of work at worst and to start some games if the kid isn't ready at best.
And until he enters the portal I won't believe anyone from Nebraska is genuinely interested in Thompson. That doesn't even address the fact that he is 3 months into a torn knee ligament rehab.

I would be concerned about who would be dumb enough to come try to beat out the #1 qb recruit in the country. Or would come and then leave anyway.

Rhule already said the plan is to not run the qbs as much to keep them healthy. DR is built much differently than CT or CP. And HH got beat up taking shots on runs.
Rhule just needs to get them on the phone and explain how our QBs get hurt all the time. That will totally convince them to sign right up.

That should put it over 10. Thanks. Eek
tenor.gif
He won’t respond, don’t worry.

Too soft for my opinions. Prefers an echo chamber to a challenge.

Typical for small-minded idiots who insist on being wrong constantly and haven’t learned anything new since grad school 60 years ago

The injury that took HH out for the season happened on a pass play vs maryland

Thanks a lot, “improved o-line”. Cost us a bowl game.

As I said in the moment as soon as Chubba was announced the starter we may as well have forfeited the rest of the way

He won’t respond, don’t worry.

Too soft for my opinions. Prefers an echo chamber to a challenge.

Typical for small-minded idiots who insist on being wrong constantly and haven’t learned anything new since grad school 60 years ago
Calling other posters small minded idiots I’m sure boosts your self esteem. Told anybody to commit suicide lately?

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Maybe, but of all the experienced FCS and DII starters how many are currently in the portal? There are only 2 teams still playing, so there should be no reason for them to not be in the portal already right?

There's another window in the Spring sometime in April. I imagine if/when we decide we need another QB, if nothing more than for depth, we'll have plenty of chances and we'll get one.

There's another window in the Spring sometime in April. I imagine if/when we decide we need another QB, if nothing more than for depth, we'll have plenty of chances and we'll get one.
We should still be looking at a transfer QB

Preferably one with a backbone

But, just like last year, the starting job is already set in cement with a newcomer and anyone who deludes themselves enough into thinking otherwise is living in an alternate reality

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
Unless Longval is better than Haarberg, we need another QB.
This crybaby tantrum reminds me of Chubba after the Iowa game

And you were there for it! Bahahahahaha

I’m sure you shed a tear right alongside him that day

In 5 years, whenever a couple posters start arguing about back up QBs, we can source this honey hole of information and friendly banter

I love reading this here bored at the desk

I honestly find it bizarre that certain folks wanted this kid to stay here. If we went back and ranked the 5 worst interceptions thrown by a Nebraska QB in the last 20 years...2 of them were thrown by Chubba this season against Maryland and Iowa. When a QB throws an interception so bad that you have to have to watch it on replay several times to even figure out who he was attempting to throw the ball to? And there was a crop of people hoping he would stay and battle the best true QB prospect the program has ever signed? What are we even talking about!? Chubba seems like a nice kid but he's just simply not a Power5 QB.

I honestly find it bizarre that certain folks wanted this kid to stay here. If we went back and ranked the 5 worst interceptions thrown by a Nebraska QB in the last 20 years...2 of them were thrown by Chubba this season against Maryland and Iowa. When a QB throws an interception so bad that you have to have to watch it on replay several times to even figure out who he was attempting to throw the ball to? And there was a crop of people hoping he would stay and battle the best true QB prospect the program has ever signed? What are we even talking about!? Chubba seems like a nice kid but he's just simply not a Power5 QB.
but I was told by @SomedayHusker (someone who definitely knows what he's talking about) he's a likely P5 starter next year?

LMAO

I don’t think HH is good and should be 4th string, IMO.
I am not locked in on Sluka, I would prefer a KJ Jefferson or Ward, but it just doesn’t seem like we would get a guy like that. I don’t know. I just threw that name out there but there are a handful of guys that could be good 1 year fillers: Jefferson, Ward, Uigalele. I don’t know they’d come here though and not sure what Rhule is thinking now that he is down to HH and a couple true frosh.
A one year guys could come in without Dylan and Danny having to worry about the future.

I don’t want to have an injury to Dylan be the cause of another 8 loss season just because he’s the annointed one and we have no one decent back there.

Frankly, we need another QB that has taken snaps at the collegiate level. Not a runner, a thrower. We shall see
I doubt any QB with only one year left would come here and have to sit behind DR. DR is coming here and is expecting to start from day one. QBs with multiple years left will be hesitant to come also because they see DR as being the starter for the next three years.
I think we will have to stay with HH, DK and Longley as our backups in 2024.

Reactions: cavalot
so not only are you going to come in and sit behind a freshman, you will get to play and get hurt, because all of our QBs get hurt, your health is worth $50k?

Dude where does he sign up for that.
He could always play for free at Montana State and still get hurt. IF he doesn’t play for us he gets 50K and probably has little chance of getting injured. IF he plays he has a chance of being a starter at a P5 program. I would have done it for free.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
so not only are you going to come in and sit behind a freshman, you will get to play and get hurt, because all of our QBs get hurt, your health is worth $50k?

Dude where does he sign up for that.

I'm able (and willing) to fumble footballs and chuck game losing INT's.

::::checks bank account::::

How bad of an injury we talkin' here?

It's the last name. Change his name to Smith and no one cares.

Then why is NU a unique opportunity that would attract a seasoned QB?
NIL. Inexperienced true freshman, one inexperienced poor passer returning QB equals IMO is a fairly weak QB situation. That said, we’ve needed 3 QBs every year for the past decade. THAT is why I’m disappointed Purdy left. He’s better than Haarberg and has some experience. Our QB room lost depth. Complain about him all you want. He could run the offense against better defenses better than Haarberg. I think it’s difficult at best to attract to a QB with similar talent as Purdy.

NIL. Inexperienced true freshman, one inexperienced poor passer returning QB equals IMO is a fairly weak QB situation. That said, we’ve needed 3 QBs every year for the past decade. THAT is why I’m disappointed Purdy left. He’s better than Haarberg and has some experience. Our QB room lost depth. Complain about him all you want. He could run the offense against better defenses better than Haarberg. I think it’s difficult at best to attract to a QB with similar talent as Purdy.
I haven't complained about Purdy, nor have a I said I'm happy that he left.

But that doesn't appear to be good enough for you. You seem to want a board-wide meltdown at the very thought of Purdy walking out the door, to validate your lofty opinion of him. Spoiler alert: Not happening.

Watch his video and realize he was running the scout team offense the weeks leading up to him starting to play. Yeah his name doesn’t hurt. There’s some QB talent in that family.
he was running the scout team because that's where he belonged.

as he proved time and time and time and time again when he played.

definition of small-time performer.

his departure instantly makes the QB room better. addition by subtraction.

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
I haven't complained about Purdy, nor have a I said I'm happy that he left.

But that doesn't appear to be good enough for you. You seem to want a board-wide meltdown at the very thought of Purdy walking out the door, to validate your lofty opinion of him. Spoiler alert: Not happening.
I don’t have a problem with your posts. You make valid points. You’re generally civil and logical. I get that everybody is Gaga over getting Raiola and I think long term it will pay dividends. I’m concerned though about the lack of a somewhat experienced viable QB option on the team if for nothing other than backup duty this next season. Obviously I thought Purdy could be that guy.

Wait until Haarberg trots on the field and drops back to pass. 🙄

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT