ADVERTISEMENT

CFB expected to add

I agree. I sit on the east side too. If they make the switch both teams will have to cross the field to and from locker rooms. We did, then with the new locker room this year we didn't, but if we go to the west side, we will again.
Nothing wrong with running across the field at the start of the game so everyone can see the team.

Rhule has mentioned that he wants the team to be on the west side of the field to stop other teams from stealing signals from the pressbox. NU is on the east side due to more room for when there were 150 players dressed with all the walkons. Rhule also mentioned in early fall the east side is in direct sun while the west side gets some shade from the pressbox and is cooler.

So I wonder if now that signals can't be stolen, Rhule will ease up on wanting to move to the west side.
I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong BUT I think the only thing that's larger on the east side is the area OUTSIDE the fenced in playing field. There is a lot more room between the fence and the seats on the east vs west.

There's other logistics to consider as well. Parents tickets are on the east side behind the bench which I'm assuming they would prefer to be behind our bench. Although I think the actual player's parent's seats aren't very good.

Do you move the band?? When it's sunny they sure look good where they are especially with the big banner...they might be in the shade except for 11 am games

Nothing wrong with running across the field at the start of the game so everyone can see the team.
Yeah I thought this year was a little lame as they just made a little swoop to the sideline

Trev advocated the two minute warning to shorten games. When he talked about on Nebraska Sports Nightly a couple months ago he maintains that if broadcasters KNOW they are going to have the two minute warning break they won't have to jamb commercials in like following the ensuing KO after there was already a commercial break after the TD. Don't know if I believe it, but he thinks the two minute warning will SHORTEN games.
one of the all time rationalizations in sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT