ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Ferentz visits Nebraska

Is this the same Matthew Rhule who determined he needed a real QB for the 2023 season and went out and got Jeff Sims?

Who, by the way, performed infinitely better under the coaching he received at Georgia Tech - who were fired - than under Matthew Rhule’s coaching
It's the Matt Rhule who got Dylan Raiola and Daniel Kaelin.

At the end of the day he’s not worth any amount of risk of

1. Prior baggage he brings
2. Literally giving him DIRECT intel with risk of him sharing it with dad. Who knows. The visit itself might have been a recon mission.

It’s certainly plausible that dad said “hey go to Nebraska and see what you can find out”. It’s not everyday that the son of a rival head coach will get to spend a day in the facility of the other team.

Good lord.
If they showed him the new football facility (locker room) he said to himself what I dump Ioway football locker room is..

You can also tour the pentagon

True but you more than likely have to have clearance prior. Doubt you can just show up

Reactions: king_kong_
At the end of the day he’s not worth any amount of risk of

1. Prior baggage he brings
2. Literally giving him DIRECT intel with risk of him sharing it with dad. Who knows. The visit itself might have been a recon mission.

It’s certainly plausible that dad said “hey go to Nebraska and see what you can find out”. It’s not everyday that the son of a rival head coach will get to spend a day in the facility of the other team.

Good lord.

With that being said, Rhule knows exactly what he is doing.

He has earned my trust. Seems to have control of every aspect of the program right now.
al pacino GIF

BF is the Luca Brasi of the B1G.

Reactions: scarletred
Funny how no one in THIS thread called BF a racist but in countless other threads you all have. Spoken like true racists yourselves. “We are ok if he’s a racist if he’s on our sideline”. lol.
We needed to check the mongoloid box for our diversity effort.

This guy was the most hated guy in forum history ...
First off ... he won't end up here.
Secondly ... you do realize THIS FORUM isn't in charge of anything. Just because you have the freedom to post on the internet (for now), doesn't mean anyone here is in charge of personnel decisions for Nebraska athletics.

Reactions: V-Doub
I'm not sure you guys would want BF. I'll say he would be a solid TE coach but I don't think you can include Gronk or Hernandez with his resume.
I've had my doubts and am not 100% sure he is a good OL coach either. This vaunted "always good Iowa OL" has been a myth for some time. Iowa may have 1, MAYBE but not usually a 2nd guy that is AA caliber after that it's usually a lot of nothing.

Funny how no one in THIS thread called BF a racist but in countless other threads you all have. Spoken like true racists yourselves. “We are ok if he’s a racist if he’s on our sideline”. lol.
KKKirk Ferentz is likely a racist. His son too. Hope this helps.

Is this the same Matthew Rhule who determined he needed a real QB for the 2023 season and went out and got Jeff Sims?

Who, by the way, performed infinitely better under the coaching he received at Georgia Tech - who were fired - than under Matthew Rhule’s coaching
"Infinitely better" lol

Right?! Has everyone lost their ever loving mind?
You Are Insane As If GIF by Parship
Shawn “Sleeper Agent” Eichorst (thank you, Barry Alvarez) has already proven that conference opponents bearing gifts usually have ulterior motives. Do we really need another Trojan horse to relearn this lesson?

Jokes aside, if I believed that Brian had a serious ax to grind with Iowa (any truth to the rumor that he refused to wear Hawkeye gear away from the sideline after the firing was announced?), I might be intrigued about position coach possibilities. In other words, if Kirk was already gone. But he isn’t, and no matter how disgruntled Brian might be, I can’t see his ultimate loyalty lying with anyone over his dad.

Didn't Nebraska do that with Rhule?
Yes - and several other D1 programs would have been interested too.

BF will not land an OC job in a power 5 conference. Just like Frost will not land a head coaching in a Power 5. Same with Pelini.

That’s the point the point the person was making. Sometimes guys punch above their weight and are exposed. BF, Frost and Pelini could still land jobs a step down where they all had success (Pelini maybe not after the LSU debacle).

Reactions: huskerfan66
This is great message board fodder for early March. It ain't happening. But I'll say this for the guy--

When looking someone for an analyst role, we won't be able to find or hire someone who, first of all, knows Big 10 defenses and their tendencies better, (2) understands how to block Big 10 defensive fronts, and (C) can step in and help instruct our offensive linemen and tight ends. I'm sure Satt wants someone who can help coach TE's so that he can devote more attention to coordinating duties.

Everyone deserves a second chance. He's actually a pretty good coach. He's a victim of the Peter Principle.

This is great message board fodder for early March. It ain't happening. But I'll say this for the guy--

When looking someone for an analyst role, we won't be able to find or hire someone who, first of all, knows Big 10 defenses and their tendencies better, (2) understands how to block Big 10 defensive fronts, and (C) can step in and help instruct our offensive linemen and tight ends. I'm sure Satt wants someone who can help coach TE's so that he can devote more attention to coordinating duties.

Everyone deserves a second chance. He's actually a pretty good coach. He's a victim of the Peter Principle.
Outside of his incredibly punchable face, the main issue is that he wouldn't stay in that role long and would feed intel back to the grand wizard of the Iowa klan when his recon mission is complete.

The fanbase didn’t burn the fat kid at the stake to see the same thing but worse

I commented on this during our game vs iowa and believe it even more after seeing what satt did:

Brian has zero ego. He does not give a flying F about any stat but the most important one (wins). That goes a long long way IMO and is uber rare in his profession.
Iowa fan here, but you couldn't be more wrong. That more than anything infuriated us. When he wasn't kept on the shelf and had to actually face reporters he constantly showed his arrogance as his putrid offense sank all the way to the bottom in all of football. After 2022 he'd have been fired from literally ever job where his boss wasn't his dad. In the off season he actually said "We’re going to do the same things we do and we’re going to do them better,”. Nothing says ego quite like admitting no fault in your last place offense and there's no reason to change anything you do.

His one year as a positional coach in New England he inherited Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. Gronk did just fine without Brian's tutelage for many years after he left. Guessing Hernandez would have been fine if he didn't flip his lid. Before that he was basically an intern there under his dad's buddy Bellichik, and after that he worked under his dad. He even had at one point two former OCs under him at Iowa as assistants and still couldn't assemble a functional offense.

Back to the ego thing, his coaching career was born rounding third and tripping over the bag on his way to the plate, but he feels he hit a home run. If you want him, you can have him.

Iowa fan here, but you couldn't be more wrong. That more than anything infuriated us. When he wasn't kept on the shelf and had to actually face reporters he constantly showed his arrogance as his putrid offense sank all the way to the bottom in all of football. After 2022 he'd have been fired from literally ever job where his boss wasn't his dad. In the off season he actually said "We’re going to do the same things we do and we’re going to do them better,”. Nothing says ego quite like admitting no fault in your last place offense and there's no reason to change anything you do.

His one year as a positional coach in New England he inherited Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. Gronk did just fine without Brian's tutelage for many years after he left. Guessing Hernandez would have been fine if he didn't flip his lid. Before that he was basically an intern there under his dad's buddy Bellichik, and after that he worked under his dad. He even had at one point two former OCs under him at Iowa as assistants and still couldn't assemble a functional offense.

Back to the ego thing, his coaching career was born rounding third and tripping over the bag on his way to the plate, but he feels he hit a home run. If you want him, you can have him.

I can’t believe I’m agreeing with a Hawkeye, but when you’re right you’re right. Spot on analysis…

The Rock Applause GIF

Reactions: scarletred
Depends on the scale you’re grading by

People here forget that the most important stat in football is Wins
We haven't won in what 7 or 8 yrs? Bring in anyone that has been part of a winning program as an analyst, he's not gonna be the OC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT