ADVERTISEMENT

BOR approves Lear jet donation for recruiting

Terribly inefficient financially to have a jet sitting around getting used in spurts. I believe NU was using donated Netjets hours at one time.
Why?

I mean, you buy it once...you pay for it over what, 10 years? so 60K a year...which is nothing when you are making 80 million a year...right?

Why?

I mean, you buy it once...you pay for it over what, 10 years? so 60K a year...which is nothing when you are making 80 million a year...right?
I really don't know. I just remember reading Buffet explain the concept behind NetJets when he bought it. My understanding is at a minimum you have to pay for insurance, hangar space, a pilot, maintenance, etc. When the plane may be sitting unused for weeks or more at a time.

Terribly inefficient financially to have a jet sitting around getting used in spurts. I believe NU was using donated Netjets hours at one time.
Why?

I mean, you buy it once...you pay for it over what, 10 years? so 60K a year...which is nothing when you are making 80 million a year...
I really don't know. I just remember reading Buffet explain the concept behind NetJets when he bought it. My understanding is at a minimum you have to pay for insurance, hangar space, a pilot, maintenance, etc. When the plane may be sitting unused for weeks or more at a time.
I have heard about those costs. I suppose that UNL does NOT have a flight major program so you do not have pilots/teachers around. Which would be a huge difference.

Facilities, stadium upgrades, AD salary bumps, Lear jets for recruiting have never had less value when it comes to winning as they currently do in the NIL era.
Nebraska is years behind other schools in this realization

The coaches really wanted Garrett Nelson to come back last yr (2nd team all big ten) they tried to work with our NIL to make it happen but it was a dismal failure. The math indicated Nelson was better off being an undrafted free agent than come back
Look who is running the 1890 initiative. Matt Davison is a drunk and one catch wander. He should not be involved. He is one of the last pieces of cancer that need to be removed permanently. He needs to try to find a real job and succeed in that first.

Why?

The cost of a pilot alone would exceed 60k. My brother-in-law sold his because even with income from renting it to other docs it made no financial sense. You have to use a private jet way more than NU could to make it worthwhile to own one. The other factor is that at times one isn’t enough. You’ve got guys flying all over the country right now to various hard to get to places. Why own one when you can rent 2 or 3 when you need them versus having the one sitting in a hangar 80% of the time

Reactions: BTF69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT