ADVERTISEMENT

BOR approves Lear jet donation for recruiting

I've given him/her a lot of sh1t, but they make some really good points sometimes. Especially the way this season ended... Things to consider as fans to hold the athletic department accountable to win games the program should be winning.

Not sure on that on.

His whole everything is NIL and Nebraska is failing in NIL. But, in reality he knows nothing about the NIL operation. And then to use Colorado and their “f’n dogs and leaders” as the the example of what can be accomplished has proven to be just silly.

But I do appreciate him donating one of his private jets. That will be a big help. Just hope he removed the Coach Prime bumper stickers.

Last edited:
Not sure on that on.

His whole everything is NIL and Nebraska’s failings in NIL. But, in reality he knows nothing about the NIL operation. And then to use Colorado and their “f’n dogs and leaders” as the the example of what can be accomplished is just stupid.

But so do appreciate him donating one of his private jets. That will be a big help. Just hope he removed the Coach Prime bumper stickers.
Yeah the Colorado "standard" was really dumb lol I'll give you that. But Nebraska does indeed absolutely needs to do what it can to at least play the NIL game at least a little.

Yeah the Colorado "standard" was really dumb lol I'll give you that. But Nebraska does indeed absolutely needs to do what it can to at least play the NIL game at least a little.

I agree. Getting better players in the program is everything. But the premise that we are all stuck in that past and dead set against using NIL because of Nebraska values or something, isn’t true at all.

That jet is for the coaches. Recruits and portal players want cash. They don’t particularly care if the coaches fly spirit or a Lear

Reactions: huntered
Red Bitch is back.

season 6 kate chastain GIF by Bravo TV

Facilities, stadium upgrades, AD salary bumps, Lear jets for recruiting have never had less value when it comes to winning as they currently do in the NIL era.
Nebraska is years behind other schools in this realization

The coaches really wanted Garrett Nelson to come back last yr (2nd team all big ten) they tried to work with our NIL to make it happen but it was a dismal failure. The math indicated Nelson was better off being an undrafted free agent than come back

Last edited:
Facilities, stadium upgrades, AD salary bumps, Lear jets for recruiting have never had less value when it comes to winning as they currently do in the NIL era.
Nebraska are years behind other schools in this realization

The coaches really wanted Garrett Nelson to come back last yr (2nd team all big ten) they tried to work with our NIL to make it happen but it was a dismal failure. The math indicated Nelson was better off being an undrafted free agent than come back
How did that work out for Nelson?

Reactions: Huskers123456
That’s a cute fairy tale. But the reality is Nelson was going to be moved inside to DL, like Butler ended up doing, and he didn’t want that.

The fact that Ty and Nash, who would have actually been drafted, are coming back this year also kind of refutes the Garnett Nelson fiction RB is pushing.

I’m happy about the jet. Very good donation.

But the poster, troll or not, is right in saying we need to be filling player pockets with cash any way possible. Hopefully our athletic department is dping its job in finding shady ways to get big ten money into the pockets of players instead of just perky upgrades for the ad, coaches, and donors.

But the poster, troll or not, is right in saying we need to be filling player pockets with cash any way possible. Hopefully our athletic department is dping its job in finding shady ways to get big ten money into the pockets of players instead of just perky upgrades for the ad, coaches, and donors.
The problem with Tetonia’s rants were that he was upset because we weren’t doing something with NIL in the middle of the season. He was assuming we had dollars available but weren’t willing to use them. You can’t buy players in October and now you can only buy players that are willing to come to a 5 win team.

The problem with Tetonia’s rants were that he was upset because we weren’t doing something with NIL in the middle of the season. He was assuming we had dollars available but weren’t willing to use them. You can’t buy players in October and now you can only buy players that are willing to come to a 5 win team.
Yes understood and I meant the actual troll poster not tetonia.

Its rhules job to convince and buy stars to come in and play and then improve this team. We’re paying him nine million reasons a year to do so. No excuses.

Nebraska is years behind other schools in this realization

I guess somebody can't add

Even if it was just a perky upgrade I like it. But it's not. It has multiple benefits. Flying coaches around and visiting multiple recruits in a day is a good thing. Makes everything more efficient.

Maybe a G5 school tries to hire White and he thinks it will suck to go back to flying commercial. Perks all around as far as I'm concerned.

I see the old guard has weighed in which perfectly represents our boosters approach to NIL

It is an honor and privilege to play for DONU. You shouldn’t need NIL. Come to NU for free and develop.

Explains why we are the saddest program in all of power 5 sports right now

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I see the old guard has weighed in which perfectly represents our boosters approach to NIL

It is an honor and privilege to play for DONU. You shouldn’t need NIL. Come to NU for free and develop.

Explains why we are the saddest program in all of power 5 sports right now
Can you provide Garrett Nelson's NIL offer and how much he made this year in the NFL?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Actually we’re not paying him 9 this year. Carolina is picking up a large chunk of his first 4 years.

He’s making $5M this year. Carolina doesn’t pick anything up, it’s just deducted from what they owe him. Which is why his contract is backloaded.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He’s making $5M this year. Carolina doesn’t pick anything up, it’s just deducted from what they owe him. Which is why his contract is backloaded.
Well Rhule is still making 8+ this year with what Carolina owes him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT