ADVERTISEMENT

Bears making a huge mistake.

He missed a bowl game. Just a fact, make of it what you will.

He also snubbed reporters after his last game, a loss, something you were (rightfully) critical of purdy doing. Will you also be critical of williams for it?
Did not know that

If he doesn’t face the music I will absolutely be critical of him

Reactions: Walleye79
You seem very, very butthurt all over the board that men think its strange mentally for grown men to use nailpolish, wear womens clothes and accessories, and a lot of pink.
It is strange, period, and is a sign of mental issues. How big of issues? Who knows. Could be nothing. Could be somethng. Whatever it is, it is wacky.
The USA is in the age of decadence, the last stage before an empire collapses.

yea

this guy dominating everyone definitely follows this "script" to a T

bCjsyLGuQMrMSWNr_900x600.png
Cool straw man argument, rookie.

Caleb seems weird in a Dwight Howard sort of way. Fields was certainly more likeable. But I hope he’s good because Chicago is so much more fun when the bears do well. Devin Hester’s kickoff return TD to start the Super Bowl was a volcano eruption of joy. Felt like a drunken earth quake in the bar I was in
Dwight Howard is bisexual, not even that secret about it. I could definitely see Caleb being a closet gay

Nobody cries when an impotent, toothless counciltucky phucktard who can't see beyond his belly says anything. Especially on the internet. Your mental gymnastics are pathetic.
"Mom I had to say the f word on the internet today. No, I censored it with the ph like you said"

Keep crying. Bitch.

Chicago residents told team to pound sand over the stadium deal? Haha...did not see that story before now. Nice.

I'm not even a bears fan the Bears are making a huge mistake by drafting Williams at #1. Williams is going to be the biggest bust in NFL history. Williams will be a locker room cancer he is not a team player. The Bears should of taken Harrison at #1and should of kept Fields.
They aren't really a better team today than yesterday. Marvin Harrison is the best player in the draft in my opinion and the least risky. They would have been better off stocking the roster in other areas than QB and using that as an incentive to sign a QB in free agency.
Peyton Manning said NFL QB is the hardest position to play in all of sports and the most risky. Might as well just go after an already proven commodity in free agency.

Chicago residents told team to pound sand over the stadium deal? Haha...did not see that story before now. Nice.
Chicago as a whole is becoming a shit show. I don't blame the residents for rejecting the stadium proposal but I get the impression the Bears wanted an excuse to look elsewhere.

They aren't really a better team today than yesterday. Marvin Harrison is the best player in the draft in my opinion and the least risky. They would have been better off stocking the roster in other areas than QB and using that as an incentive to sign a QB in free agency.
Peyton Manning said NFL QB is the hardest position to play in all of sports and the most risky. Might as well just go after an already proven commodity in free agency.
They had the #1 pick 2 years in a row. It would be insane to trade it both times and overpay for someone like Cousins or sign someone like Flacco or Darnold. Selling your soul like the Panthers is one thing, but at some point you have to take a chance when the opportunity presents itself.

Reactions: 90sman
Not a bears fan, but realistically who do you take? They need a QB and there is no way you are taking Drake Maye, JJ, or Penix #1. That leaves Daniels or Williams. They have very similar games, each has won a Heisman and are clearly the best 2. Williams may or may not be a bust, but he was an insanely good college QB and I guess we will wait to see how the Bears end up.
I wouldn't draft a QB. I'd sign a proven veteran out of free agency or trade for one. It's becoming too difficult to really identify QBs that will become franchise QBs. For every Mahomes there are 20 that are backups after a couple season and out of the league not long after. Drafting an elite WR is a better move and one that can entice QBs to sign with you.

I understand what you are saying, but I think if you are serious about winning Super Bowls you have to draft an elite QB, as much of a crapshoot as that is.

First, there are really only 2-3 guys right now that are good enough to carry a team to a title, and maybe a handful or so more that are at least good enough to win IF there is an absolutely stacked team behind them.

And none of those guys are typically available via trade or free agency. The strategy you're describing gets you Kirk Cousins.

Only 3 QB in the last 20 years have won a SB with a team that did not draft them. 2 of those 3 were guys named Manning and Brady. The 3rd was Matthew Stafford (absolutely loaded team behind him).

Reactions: Huskers123456
I understand what you are saying, but I think if you are serious about winning Super Bowls you have to draft an elite QB, as much of a crapshoot as that is.

First, there are really only 2-3 guys right now that are good enough to carry a team to a title, and maybe a handful or so more that are at least good enough to win IF there is an absolutely stacked team behind them.

And none of those guys are typically available via trade or free agency. The strategy you're describing gets you Kirk Cousins.

Only 3 QB in the last 20 years have won a SB with a team that did not draft them. 2 of those 3 were guys named Manning and Brady. The 3rd was Matthew Stafford (absolutely loaded team behind him).
Edit: also Drew Brees.

They had the #1 pick 2 years in a row. It would be insane to trade it both times and overpay for someone like Cousins or sign someone like Flacco or Darnold. Selling your soul like the Panthers is one thing, but at some point you have to take a chance when the opportunity presents itself.
It's too difficult to find a franchise QB. More than half of all starting QBs are the Cousins type of journeyman. The list of QB busts like Darnold is endless. Once in a while there is a Joe Burrow that you can't pass up but Williams just wasn't that much better than Fields in my opinion.

I wouldn't draft a QB. I'd sign a proven veteran out of free agency or trade for one. It's becoming too difficult to really identify QBs that will become franchise QBs. For every Mahomes there are 20 that are backups after a couple season and out of the league not long after. Drafting an elite WR is a better move and one that can entice QBs to sign with you.
Drafting Williams give them a cheap qb with a ton of upside. A veteran qb is either going to be good and expensive or cheap and be very flawed. And they did draft an elite WR in Odunze.

Reactions: 90sman
Drafting Williams give them a cheap qb with a ton of upside. A veteran qb is either going to be good and expensive or cheap and be very flawed. And they did draft an elite WR in Odunze.
Yes, and I should have added this aspect to my own critique - young QBs are cheap and that is a massive advantage if you can get a good one. Will be interesting to see if the Texans can capitalize the next few years.

Edit: also Drew Brees.
Drew Brees was a 3rd rounder if my memory serves and he played for only the Saints. Most NFL QBs are a total crap shoot. You have only moderately better luck in the early rounds than middle rounds or even late rounds like Brady.
I would also argue that a strong supporting roster with a lackluster but steady QB is better than expecting a savior at QB to win championships. The 49ers nearly won it last year with a stellar roster and a mediocre QB in Brock Purdy. Tampa Bay won in 2000 with a loaded defense and a shitty QB in Dilfer. I would say that the Broncos did the same in 2015 when Manning was on his literal last legs.

Drew Brees was a 3rd rounder if my memory serves and he played for only the Saints. Most NFL QBs are a total crap shoot. You have only moderately better luck in the early rounds than middle rounds or even late rounds like Brady.
I would also argue that a strong supporting roster with a lackluster but steady QB is better than expecting a savior at QB to win championships. The 49ers nearly won it last year with a stellar roster and a mediocre QB in Brock Purdy. Tampa Bay won in 2000 with a loaded defense and a shitty QB in Dilfer. I would say that the Broncos did the same in 2015 when Manning was on his literal last legs.
Brees was a Charger first...had an absolutely horrendous knee injury before being traded.

The point is still clear. You've only had a handful of teams win without a QB they drafted in 25 years. I would bet if you look at the list of Super Bowl losers, it is also filled with QBs drafted by that team. It's not magic...it's because QBs capable of winning a SB are just not available. When they are, you would be competing with almost every other team in the league to get them. This is really the only pick the Bears could make.

Reactions: Huskers123456
I heard Jim McMahon was the last Pro Bowl QB there. That's insane. That's 40 years of crap QBs.
this is true

closest they've come is Jay Cutler, who was a pro bowl selection for Denver the year prior to being dealt to Chicago

he went on to become the Bears all-time leader in passing yards, TDs, basically everything while never making it back to the Pro Bowl

• Wow
Reactions: HBK4life
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT