ADVERTISEMENT

Bears making a huge mistake.

I'm not even a bears fan the Bears are making a huge mistake by drafting Williams at #1. Williams is going to be the biggest bust in NFL history. Williams will be a locker room cancer he is not a team player. The Bears should of taken Harrison at #1and should of kept Fields.
People are so emotional about this because of his nail polish. Have you ever heard of JaMarcus Russell? 1st pick in the 2007 draft. He played 3 seasons. 18 td passes. 15 lost fumbles. 23 interceptions. Are you willing to go on record that Caleb Williams will do worse than that?

People are so emotional about this because of his nail polish. Have you ever heard of JaMarcus Russell? 1st pick in the 2007 draft. He played 3 seasons. 18 td passes. 15 lost fumbles. 23 interceptions. Are you willing to go on record that Caleb Williams will do worse than that?
Why does it have to be worse?

I think your all or nothing way of looking at it is flawed here.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
I would have taken Jayden Daniels first myself..

Happy the Vikings drafted a better QB than Cousins..
A little early to say that, BUT, if McCarthy wins only 1 playoff game, he will be equal to Cousins which is comical.

And that is my beef with Kirko. He does not win when it matters.

Reactions: scarletred
Caleb has all the talent in the world to succeed. My question is does he have the mental toughness to be an NFL QB? Time will tell.
This. Silly to call him a bust. But does he have the will to win? The best guys are fanatical about preparation, attention to detail and competition. Historically, they’re less concerned with matching their shoes to their purse. Pretty sure I’m right about that. You can look it up.

What do you think are the odds of each outcome?

IDK...I can make a case for each. Look, I'm not as high on him as some people, but if I was an NFL GM and had the same #1 pick i'd take him and take my chances...initially I thought he was under 6' so thought bust for sure, but he's a lot taller than I thought so I went from sure fire bust to...maybe it could happen. Regardless, I bet he drinks Bud Light and i'm making fun of him till he accomplishes something on the field as a Bear.

Reactions: Dylman
You know what would’ve really been dumb? Giving a second contract to Fields after multiple years of proof that he isn’t the difference maker that a QB1 has to be. The Bears are making better decisions now than they have in many years. Bears fans should be pumped. A complete makeover in 2 seasons. I hope Williams fails because I live in the Chicago area and my friends will be insufferable. 😂

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
He probably has a better shot if he didn't go to the bears. I'm not sure fields would have ever been an elite NFL quarterback but their handling of him was criminal. Take a running quarterback on a team that's not able to win any games and have him do designed runs all day and never work on his passing. Just stupid.

They'll screw up Williams too.

Noticed that they didn't draft any offensive lineman. They're doing exactly what they did with Cutler and just get all the weapons and not the protection and hope it all works out.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He probably has a better shot if he didn't go to the bears. I'm not sure fields would have ever been an elite NFL quarterback but their handling of him was criminal. Take a running quarterback on a team that's not able to win any games and have him do designed runs all day and never work on his passing. Just stupid.

They'll screw up Williams too.

Noticed that they didn't draft any offensive lineman. They're doing exactly what they did with Cutler and just get all the weapons and not the protection and hope it all works out.
Justin Fields is the first guy off the bus. He’s an impressive looking, dude. It wasn’t really fair to him to have so many coaching changes. He struggled with the mental side of the game. He’ll get his chance for stability and growth at Pittsburgh.. But, if he doesn’t start some games and look good this year, he can forget about a big second contract. Journeyman!

Reactions: mgbreis and dochay
This. Silly to call him a bust. But does he have the will to win? The best guys are fanatical about preparation, attention to detail and competition. Historically, they’re less concerned with matching their shoes to their purse. Pretty sure I’m right about that. You can look it up.
Aaron Rodgers spends his off-season doing psychedelic drugs....

But Caleb Williams is going to be a bust because of his weird lifestyle. Some people want him to fail so bad. It's comical.

it comes down to whether or not his ability to extend plays works or not. there's a certain rare magic about the way he did it in college, but i've seen concerns that it was rarely necessary. watched him in person when he was at OU, and the dude is scary when he takes off down the field

the only time i felt concern was watching USC's bowl game where there didn't seem to be a major dropoff at the QB position

But Caleb Williams is going to be a bust because of his weird lifestyle. Some people want him to fail so bad. It's comical.
> "omg he cried just because his team lost, how weak"
> "but does he really even care about winning?"

most people on here are so confused as to why they don't like him that they can't articulate it. as a general football fan, i want to see more exciting football and teams who aren't commonly competitors rise up. watching the Lions have a great season was a total blast last year

GBE9bRabEAASUQ4.png

You get a big time pass on being a weirdo in the off-season when you’re a future first round ballot Hall of Famer and Super Bowl champion. Caleb has a Heisman Trophy, which is nice, but the trash heap of history is filled with guys who have one of those and never amounted squat. I get it though, the Bears have to roll the dice on someone with his talent. I think they’d sleep better at night though if there weren’t concerns about his mental instability and fragility.

> "omg he cried just because his team lost, how weak"
> "but does he really even care about winning?"

most people on here are so confused as to why they don't like him that they can't articulate it. as a general football fan, i want to see more exciting football and teams who aren't commonly competitors rise up. watching the Lions have a great season was a total blast last year
The guy has been scrutinized since the middle of his first year in college and no one can find a flaw in his game. So they started attacking how he dresses. He has been dealing with intense pressure for years and held up. Saw video of a Drake Maye game. There were like 20,000 fans there. Guy hasn't felt pressure.

I'm a Packers fan so I wouldn't mind him failing. I just think it's wishful thinking to assume he will. He will have a stacked wide receiver room, that's for sure.

Last edited:
You get a big time pass on being a weirdo in the off-season when you’re a future first round ballot Hall of Famer and Super Bowl champion. Caleb has a Heisman Trophy, which is nice, but the trash heap of history is filled with guys who have one of those and never amounted squat. I get it though, the Bears have to roll the dice on someone with his talent. I think they’d sleep better at night though if there weren’t concerns about his mental instability and fragility.
They just got the best qb in the draft plus Rome Odunze. Plus Keenan Allen and DeAndre Swift. I think they are probably sleeping great.

concerns about his mental instability and fragility.
these "concerns" literally only exist in the minds of clueless old timers whose biggest fear - by far - is change

did Williams miss a single game in college due to injury? has he had a single off-field issue or locker room issue that points to "mental instability"?

guy's the first NIL QB in history to make $10M+ during college. haven't heard a single thing about how it's changed him, caused a bad decision, anything.

you don't like him. that's fine. just say that.

I think the young guys today can do both. Fashion, for whatever reason, is important to these athletes. Look at Joe Burrow. Cooper Kupp is another, though I think his wife is the one that pushes it.

Tom Brady literally has his own clothing line

zero offseasons went by without him being in a fashion show + multiple clothing/cologne commercials

greatest winner of all time. you can look it up!

I would have taken Jayden Daniels first myself..

Happy the Vikings drafted a better QB than Cousins..
He would have been my first choice as well. We will see how this all plays out. I expect Williams to be an epic failure but he could be their answer. Who knows.

Reactions: scarletred
Russell was comically bad

Not a bears fan, but realistically who do you take? They need a QB and there is no way you are taking Drake Maye, JJ, or Penix #1. That leaves Daniels or Williams. They have very similar games, each has won a Heisman and are clearly the best 2. Williams may or may not be a bust, but he was an insanely good college QB and I guess we will wait to see how the Bears end up.

Last edited:
I could see a scenario where the scripted NFL makes him a star in the ten billionth attempt by the world leaders to make young men more effeminate. “It’s ok to cry” and all that new school male femininity garbage. Similar things happening in the scripted NBA.
yea

this guy dominating everyone definitely follows this "script" to a T

bCjsyLGuQMrMSWNr_900x600.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT