ADVERTISEMENT

Article: Frustration, concern builds as Iowa Swarm Collective approaches end of year two

What is it in the makeup of certain Husker fans that feel compelled to type this, and similar messages, whenever a thread is made about opposing teams?

Serious question, are we never supposed to start posts about Colorado, Iowa, etc? At least not until we start beating them?à
Beating these teams on the field is the goal. Isn't it? Claiming fake and shallow victories over extra-curriculars is kind of pathetic.
I would love to be embroiled in threads about how we beat their butts.

Beating these teams on the field is the goal. Isn't it? Claiming fake and shallow victories over extra-curriculars is kind of pathetic.
Sure.....

Thanks captain obvious. Of course beating them on the field is the goal. It is always the goal. No Husker fan ever should be satisfied with anything less. I am so glad you pointed this out, just in case anyone on this site thought otherwise.

Again, does this mean we can’t start threads about other teams and their issues until we beat them? After all, that was my question all along.

Maybe in your response to THIS post, you can simply answer the question I asked and not pontificate about what every Husker fan already knows?

You can
Thanks captain obvious. Of course beating them on the field is the goal. It is always the goal. No Husker fan ever should be satisfied with anything less. I am so glad you pointed this out, just in case anyone on this site thought otherwise.

Again, does this mean we can’t start threads about other teams and their issues until we beat them? After all, that was my question all along.

Maybe in your response to THIS post, you can simply answer the question I asked and not pontificate about what every Husker fan already knows?
You can start a thread about anything you want here. And not only that, you can say whatever you want, real or imagined, about any other poster. No one will stop you. Just don't mention fjb and all is clear.
But you asked for others opinions.

Again, does this mean we can’t start threads about other teams and their issues
It’s only intelligent if you also make mention of the good things

Otherwise you risk pushing a narrative

It’s only intelligent if you also make mention of the good things

Otherwise you risk pushing a narrative
I understand what you’re saying, but on a husker chat board, is that really that important? If this were a generic football board, sure… but that’s not what this is.

I don’t think every thread needs a level of objectivity that you might be looking for. It can be brought in, absolutely. But I don’t believe it’s mandatory. Just my 2 cents.

I understand what you’re saying, but on a husker chat board, is that really that important? If this were a generic football board, sure… but that’s not what this is.

I don’t think every thread needs a level of objectivity that you might be looking for. It can be brought in, absolutely. But I don’t believe it’s mandatory. Just my 2 cents.
I think he said that with sarcasm.

Reactions: king_kong_
Yep mmm hhmmm

What is it in the makeup of certain Husker fans that feel compelled to type this, and similar messages, whenever a thread is made about opposing teams?

Serious question, are we never supposed to start posts about Colorado, Iowa, etc? At least not until we start beating them?
I'm mostly indifferent to it. But I would say that discussions of teams that have been regularly beating us is OK, but mocking them is a fool's errand.

Maybe not every thread, but what about every tweet?

Did you even watch the video? DR was 19/25 passing. The clip showed each incomplete pass. The other 19 passes for completions weren’t shared at all, because that hurts his narrative.

If Iowa fan is gonna be snide, at least try to do it intelligently.

Quite frankly, I’m not quite sure what you’re saying here. Probably not smart enough to understand.
Per you, if you don’t mention the positive with the negative, you’re just unintelligently furthering a narrative

Per you, if you don’t mention the positive with the negative, you’re just unintelligently furthering a narrative
Whatever.

My point was pretty clear I thought. The Iowa tweet only focused on the incomplete passes. Didn’t include the TD passes, which were darn impressive. Reeks of a narrative.

Am I wrong?

Whatever.

My point was pretty clear I thought. The Iowa tweet only focused on the incomplete passes. Didn’t include the TD passes, which were darn impressive. Reeks of a narrative.

Am I wrong?
No. You’re not wrong. That person is a fan.

Just like you are a fan - a day later defending our right to crap on other teams without mentioning anything positive.

Double standards are fine. I just found it funny. Thanks for being a good sport.

No. You’re not wrong. That person is a fan.

Just like you are a fan - a day later defending our right to crap on other teams without mentioning anything positive.

Double standards are fine. I just found it funny. Thanks for being a good sport.
Took me awhile to get the point, but now I got it. Well done.

Yep, that’s how the game is played.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT