Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
70's - Wasn't alive, but I like seeing clips of IM Hipp
80's - Broderick Thomas "The Sandman"
90's - Calvin Jones
2000's - Jared Crick
2010's - Dejon Gomes
2020's - JoJo Domann

70s - bob devaney. met the irishman when he spoke to a business meeting i arranged in nebraska. he was down to earth, funny, and genuine. i remember when he took over, hosted and manhandled my alma mater, south dakota state, where i was a student at the time. state's coach. legendary ralph ginn, told us afterward: look out for nebraska, devaney is a great coach. before him, N was dreadful. i always credited coach devaney for what came after.

Reactions: scarletred
90's - Calvin Jones
2000's - Jared Crick
2010's - Dejon Gomes
2020's - JoJo Domann
Good list but Jared Crick? That seems out of place, maybe you knew him. IM Hipp was almost like a mythological figure for a time. Unfortunately his career fizzled after his Sophomore year. Isaiah Moses Walter Hipp.

The Sandman was a great motivator and a great player. He really brought all he had and it was a lot. I'd probably agree with you on that one and the highly underrated and underutilized JoJo Domann.

Good list but Jared Crick? That seems out of place, maybe you knew him. IM Hipp was almost like a mythological figure for a time. Unfortunately his career fizzled after his Sophomore year. Isaiah Moses Walter Hipp.

The Sandman was a great motivator and a great player. He really brought all he had and it was a lot. I'd probably agree with you on that one and the highly underrated and underutilized JoJo Domann.

Why is it out of place for Jared Crick? Small town Nebraska kid that kicked some ass while he was here. I like those types of people. The thread is for your favorite Huskers and he was one of mine. Had the signed poster of BT, CJ was the first jersey I got at the stadium. Agree on Domann. Just loved how he played the game.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Okay, gonna go with a defensive player and an offensive player starting in the decade of the 70's

70's Defense: Wonder Monds Offense: I.M. Hipp (slight over Redwine simply cause Redwing played in the 80 season.)

80's Defense: Neil Smith Offense: Keith "End Zone" Jones

90's Defense: Mike Minter Offense: LP

2000"s Pat Ricketts Ha! just kidding Demario Williams Offense Jamal Lord

2010's Defense: Lavonte David Offense: Ameer Abdullah

2020's Rahmir Johnson Defense: Cam Taylor-Britt

Okay, gonna go with a defensive player and an offensive player starting in the decade of the 70's

70's Defense: Wonder Monds Offense: I.M. Hipp (slight over Redwine simply cause Redwing played in the 80 season.)

80's Defense: Neil Smith Offense: Keith "End Zone" Jones

90's Defense: Mike Minter Offense: LP

2000"s Pat Ricketts Ha! just kidding Demario Williams Offense Jamal Lord

2010's Defense: Lavonte David Offense: Ameer Abdullah

2020's Rahmir Johnson Defense: Cam Taylor-Britt
Ricketts Bomb!

I'll go with:

70's - Rich Glover
80's - Roger Craig
90's - Mike Brown
2000's - Ndamukong Suh
2010's - Lavonte David
2020's - Okay, this is my odd pick: Chancellor Brewington
The guy only played a few snaps per game, but was always looking to flatten someone.

1960s = Guy Ingles
1970s = Johnny Rodgers (would like to say 2 players from my hometown, but JR still wins out)
1980s = Mike Rozier
1990s = Tommie Frazier
2000s = Ndamukong Suh (still a travesty he did not win the Heisman, which is why that "award" is dead to me now)
2010s = Jordan Westerkamp
2020s = JoJo Doman

Why is it out of place for Jared Crick? Small town Nebraska kid that kicked some ass while he was here. I like those types of people. The thread is for your favorite Huskers and he was one of mine. Had the signed poster of BT, CJ was the first jersey I got at the stadium. Agree on Domann. Just loved how he played the game.
Guess I didn't understand the criteria. I thought you were going off performance or effectiveness.
Never understood the JJ Domann situation.
He really made a name for himself in the Ohio State game his frosh year. (maybe soph year?) he was all over the field, then kind of faded into the background until his senior year. One of those intuitive types that seem to be around the ball.
My favorite 90s guy is Terrell Farley. He combined great quickness and intuitiveness. He's also a very down to earth, quirky person.

70s - Was Born in '75 so I've only heard stories and seen clips... I'll just go with the Jet
80s - Neil Smith
90s - Brook Berringer
00s - "House of Spears" Suh
10s - Lavonte David
20s - Cam Taylor Britt so far... that said, I have a thing for hard nosed Defense and I Love the direction the Polar Bear is heading

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
I'll go with:

70's - Rich Glover
80's - Roger Craig
90's - Mike Brown
2000's - Ndamukong Suh
2010's - Lavonte David
2020's - Okay, this is my odd pick: Chancellor Brewington
The guy only played a few snaps per game, but was always looking to flatten someone.
Solid.

Not a lot of love for Rozier so far for a Heisman winner. Too young to remember him playing. For you older farts, what gives? Was he a dick, not here long enough? What was it?

Not a lot of love for Rozier so far for a Heisman winner. Too young to remember him playing. For you older farts, what gives? Was he a dick, not here long enough? What was it?
There were just so many great players then. Rozier is one of the all timers but so was Craig. How many starting I-backs in college then star as a RB in the NFL? LOTS of names fit as GOATs from Osborne’s teams. Good heavens Russ Hochstein played in the league for over a decade. Wil Shields anyone?

There were just so many great players then. Rozier is one of the all timers but so was Craig. How many starting I-backs in college then star as a RB in the NFL? LOTS of names fit as GOATs from Osborne’s teams. Good heavens Russ Hochstein played in the league for over a decade. Wil Shields anyone?
Dingle,

We are talking favorites. Not best ever.

Dingle,

We are talking favorites. Not best ever.
I have LOTs of favorites from year to year. Quincy Enunwa wasn’t one of the best ever but in his time he was one of my favorites. It’s pretty damned tough to narrow it down to A guy for a decade. That was my point. Surely somebody who loves O linemen thought of Wil Shields.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I have LOTs of favorites from year to year. Quincy Enunwa wasn’t one of the best ever but in his time he was one of my favorites. It’s pretty damned tough to narrow it down to A guy for a decade. That was my point. Surely somebody who loves O linemen thought of Wil Shields.
Look at the title.

Favorite in each decade.

No one cares about best, see original question.

Favorite. Not best.

Get with it Dingle.

70s - Was Born in '75 so I've only heard stories and seen clips... I'll just go with the Jet
80s - Neil Smith
90s - Brook Berringer
00s - "House of Spears" Suh
10s - Lavonte David
20s - Cam Taylor Britt so far... that said, I have a thing for hard nosed Defense and I Love the direction the Polar Bear is heading
There is a high school lineman who is strong and has incredibly fast footwork. They call him The Grizzly Bear. He just has to come here.

1890s- George Flippin
1900s- Johnny Bender
1910s- Guy Chamberlain
1920s- Ed Weir
1930s- George Sauer
1940s- Tom Novak
1950s- Bobby Reynolds
1960s- Dennis Claridge
1970s- Johnny The Jet
1980s- Nothing Runs Like A Rozier
1990s- Ahman Green
2000s- Ndamukong Suh
2010s- Taylor Martinez
2020s- incomplete data

Look at the title.

Favorite in each decade.

No one cares about best, see original question.

Favorite. Not best.

Get with it Dingle.
I did list my favorites.
Most “favorites” were the best at their position at the time. Get with it Spectrum. Wil Shields at the time was one of my favorites. Roger Craig another. Frosty Anderson back in the day. Guy the Fly. How does anyone pick one favorite from a whole decade of players? You will note I didn’t criticize a single post or pick.

90's - Calvin Jones
2000's - Jared Crick
2010's - Dejon Gomes
2020's - JoJo Domann
Started watching a lot in late 70s:
70s: Hipp
80s: Gill
90s: Terrell Farley
00s: Suh
10s: Abdullah
20s: TBD

Reactions: leodisflowers
Reall
90's - Calvin Jones
2000's - Jared Crick
2010's - Dejon Gomes
2020's - JoJo Domann
Really starting in the the 70’s is a dishonor to our program..

80's: I didn't see much of the 80's but I'll go with Dave Rimington
90's: Terrell Farley
00's: Eric Crouch
10's: Lavonte David
20's: TBD

Good Lord, is there nothing you don’t whine about?

Start your own thread on favorite players from the 20s and 30s.

whoa-bill-and-ted.gif

Reactions: dinglefritz
1960’s was a bowl era too.
Gotham
Orange
Cotton
Orange
Sugar
67 Year Devaney declined playing in a bowl game because he didn’t feel his team deserved it..
Sun

And one of the best all time Husker played in the 1960’s
Bob Brown
1970 on is considered the bowl era. The Rose bowl has been around since 1902, but that isn't considered the bowl era. With that said who cares? Name your player starting in the 1800's if you want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT