ADVERTISEMENT

Youngstown State Beats Woffard

Don't like him but the staff should have in 2009...The dreaded 0:01 back on the clock still haunts this program for not winning a conference title since 1999.

Hell they were one dipsh!t call from Shawn Watson(letting TM throw into the endzone when the offense was gashing with the run) from winning the conference in 2010 too. If that weird sucker Pelini can get within a c$%t-hair of winning two titles, then the current staff has got to be able to get one.

Hell they were one dipsh!t call from Shawn Watson(letting TM throw into the endzone when the offense was gashing with the run) from winning the conference in 2010 too. If that weird sucker Pelini can get within a c$%t-hair of winning two titles, then the current staff has got to be able to get one.

Don't forget the unbelievable fumble by Roy Helu. And the turnover by Rex Burkhead. Those hurt us even more

Pelini took his own players to a conference championship game in 2012.

Riley has to do that in the next 2 years or all we did was get a nicer coach.

But, but, but, the story of Pelini and his fans.

Only thing that might be worse is the fans that were sure the only reason Watson's offenses sucked is because Pelini was holding him back. Now Watson is fighting for a freaking quality control assistant job at Indiana for cripes sake. God that guy sucked.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Need to re read my thread I'm a Husker fan not a Peelini fan tell me as a Husker fan your not betrayed over putting 0:01 back on the clock..

Come on man.

No need to re-read anything. The right call was made.

Only thing that might be worse is the fans that were sure the only reason Watson's offenses sucked is because Pelini was holding him back. Now Watson is fighting for a freaking quality control assistant job at Indiana for cripes sake. God that guy sucked.

He's the QB coach.

The same can be said about Bo stuck at FCS, with his defensive coordinator brother. If you're basing their current employment on success or not, that entire staff sucked.

Osborne liked him....

That is a good point

It doesn't mean that at all. We didn't just get a nicer coach, we got a major upgrade in coach. Someone who is a professional head coach who is approaching the program rebuild from the long term prospective. Taking JUCOs is the shortcut to building a sustainable program and you don't see him taking that route because it shorts you scholarships on the back end of it.

Reactions: Bremser
Osborne liked him....

And that is because of the time of being hired our offense with Gantz coming back didn't need to be fixed..
It's after Ganz left they didn't have another QB in place...

Watson proved at Louisville with a good QB that he was fully capable of being a good offensive coordinator.

Watson proved at Louisville with a good QB that he was fully capable of being a good offensive coordinator.

And he also proved with Zac Lee, Taylor Martinez, and Tyrone Swoopes that he was fully capable of putting together offenses that closely resembled botched abortions in their efficiency and production.

And he also proved with Zac Lee, Taylor Martinez, and Tyrone Swoopes that he was fully capable of putting together offenses that closely resembled botched abortions in their efficiency and production.

Zac Lee was horrible and Martinez didn't fit his type of offense, you should agree with that.

Don't forget the unbelievable fumble by Roy Helu. And the turnover by Rex Burkhead. Those hurt us even more

Pelini took his own players to a conference championship game in 2012.

IIRC - he did pretty well in that championship game.

It doesn't mean that at all. We didn't just get a nicer coach, we got a major upgrade in coach. Someone who is a professional head coach who is approaching the program rebuild from the long term prospective. Taking JUCOs is the shortcut to building a sustainable program and you don't see him taking that route because it shorts you scholarships on the back end of it.

I'm talking about if the results are the same..this is college football...none of that other stuff matters if we don't win......if he doesn't at least get us to a conference championship game...yes..we just got a nicer coach..Flashy bells and whistles mean nothing if the product on the field is average.

IIRC - he did pretty well in that championship game.

We choked in all 3 games basically....but we still got there.....you have to get there to have a chance.

I'

Hey look! A "new" poster. I am sure it will contribute greatly to the board.

Ug. I would just ask one question if he is so good with all the jobs that have come and gone has he even been interviewed even as a coordinator? No urban legends exposed belong in places like the only place he could get a job. I am not going to personalize this but he has a lot of reasons so does his brother than they are and will stay where they are.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Ug. I would just ask one question if he is so good with all the jobs that have come and gone has he even been interviewed even as a coordinator? No urban legends exposed belong in places like the only place he could get a job. I am not going to personalize this but he has a lot of reasons so does his brother than they are and will stay where they are.
It's his dream job. He was offered at least 30 jobs since he got what he wanted here.

Reactions: HuskerO and jeans15
It may be don't call me Mark biggest win ever in don't call me Mark's mind.

Need to re read my thread I'm a Husker fan not a Peelini fan tell me as a Husker fan your not betrayed over putting 0:01 back on the clock..

Come on man.

That game haunts me, not because of the 1 second put back on the clock, but the obvious lack of poise and discipline displayed in the final 2 minutes of the ball game. The kickoff out of bounds and the stupid horse collar tackle by Asante were greater contributing factors to that loss than the 1 second back on the clock. At the time that was 35 yards of penalties. You take away just one of those boneheaded plays and Texas doesn't even cross midfield. You can't give the #2 team in the nation, and their Heisman Finalist QB that much field position and then get mad because they got an extra second. It should have never come down to that. In sports, as in life, you must control what you can control. If you leave it in the hands of officials you have a 50/50 shot at things going your way. So you must take the decision out of the hands of the officials. We didn't do that on that drive. Instead of taking control and ending it we placed the decision in the hands of the officials and it didn't go our way. It sucks, and it still stings, but that's what happens when you don't finish. Typical Pelini, no discipline.

I also had zero issues with that one second. If it had happened to us, we'd have wanted that one second back as well, and they still had to make a clutch FG to win, and as Z28 mentioned, we giftwrapped their field position for them on that drive.

I also had zero issues with that one second. If it had happened to us, we'd have wanted that one second back as well, and they still had to make a clutch FG to win, and as Z28 mentioned, we giftwrapped their field position for them on that drive.
In fairness, it did happen for us before...

The great Tom proved for years in the Orange Bowl that his offense was straight up garbage until he decided to recruit his ass off and get better players...funny how that works huh?

Reactions: nebcountry
The great Tom proved for years in the Orange Bowl that his offense was straight up garbage until he decided to recruit his ass off and get better players...funny how that works huh?
Not so much the offense. Changing from a 5-2 to a 4-3 defense and recruiting speed was the biggest factor in beating the Florida boys for years. Turning LBs in rush ends, turning safeties into LBs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT