ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Transfer C.J. Wilcher commits

Nice pickup, now get some bigger guys! Are we going to be running 4 guard offense?

CJ Not the most athletic, still probably sneaky good, kind of reminds me of Teddy Allen the way he plays. 4 star 133rd ranked player in the 2020 class. Only 4 power 5 offers but people raving about his shooting ability. We’ve heard it before but on paper I’m optimistic about him fitting in Fred’s offense. Kid’s got a nice quick and high shot release. Lot of contested made jumpers in his highlights, hopefully not too many misses. Physically he looked like a grown man in high school.

Reactions: t7w0c1
One more....

Edited: Xaviers final 3 games (vs Georgetown, (started) Marquette and Butler), CJ Wilcher played 20-32 minutes and averaged 7 points per game. GBR

Is Trey going to move over to PG?

played both guard spots this year. I would think the starters next year would be both McGowens, Lat, Walker, and Banton. Then they can bring in this kid, Kobe, Andre, and Breidenbach off the bench.

We'll see if Hoiberg's strategy of recruiting the older brothers of 5 star recruits continues to pay off.
They didn't offer this kid just to get his younger brother but if he chooses Nebraska too that would be great. LOVE the guard recruiting Fred and his staff are doing.

Reactions: WHCSC
CJ Not the most athletic, still probably sneaky good, kind of reminds me of Teddy Allen the way he plays. 4 star 133rd ranked player in the 2020 class. Only 4 power 5 offers but people raving about his shooting ability. We’ve heard it before but on paper I’m optimistic about him fitting in Fred’s offense. Kid’s got a nice quick and high shot release. Lot of contested made jumpers in his highlights, hopefully not too many misses. Physically he looked like a grown man in high school.

Do you think he could fit into the NWMSU efficient and effective offense? That is the real measure of whether the guy is any good.... :)

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
He looked like the real deal on his high school film...I'm curious as to why he hardly played all year at Xavier, until the last 3 games? It's not like Xavier was a very good team this year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He looked like the real deal on his high school film...I'm curious as to why he hardly played all year at Xavier, until the last 3 games? It's not like Xavier was a very good team this year.
Might be defense? I don't know for sure but I know Xavier has/had a rule with their last coach that if you did not turn everything back into the middle and if you did not put your foot on the baseline while guarding a guy trying to go baseline, you would not play.

Maybe it was just something like that.

Reactions: Reditus
Might be defense? I don't know for sure but I know Xavier has/had a rule with their last coach that if you did not turn everything back into the middle and if you did not put your foot on the baseline while guarding a guy trying to go baseline, you would not play.

Maybe it was just something like that.

He was also a freshman. We have seen our fair share of Husker freshman that we feel should get more time. Sometimes they just don’t get the opportunity until late in the season

he was a true freshman on a solid team. I wouldn’t exactly say “Xavier wasn’t very good”. They went 13-7 with wins over Oklahoma, Crieghton, Marquette and Butler. It seems like his minutes came harder to come bye early on (maybe he had trouble adjusting at first?) and then it picked up as the season went on. He even started the Marquette game.

Easier than hiring the kids HS coach...like ASU just did to land a 5 star.

And USC not to long ago.... “USC has hired Eric Mobley, the father of two high-profile recruits, as an assistant basketball coach.”

forgive me but I don’t see how this can’t be viewed as an NCAA Violation? I mean come on now, you know why USC hired their dad?

Last edited:
So with this news, there's a pretty good chance that Fred will get a 5 Start first before Scott... good thing I'm not a betting man or I may have lost money

So with this news, there's a pretty good chance that Fred will get a 5 Start first before Scott... good thing I'm not a betting man or I may have lost money
Fred's already inked one this year in Bryce McGowans. should immediately start at the 2/3 next year.

Reactions: saltsdogg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT