ADVERTISEMENT

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I literally pointed that year out in my response. Good job reading. You'll also, with a bit more reading, understand that that year was a compete anomaly. Crime rates since 1990, with the exception of that lone year, have dropped significantly. In fact even that year is still 30-50% less than the peak years of the 90's. So yes, saying violent crime has "dropped basically every year" is completely accurate when it's true of 29 of 30 years (or 27 of 30 or 26 of 30 or whatever it is)

Furthermore, I love how you guys are questioning me for pointing out how ****ing absurd someone stating that 1 out of 179 Americans will be murdered, yet not a single one of you questioned the original poster for making such a ridiculous claim.
I didn't see that you had said that. I really didn't mean to start an argument with anyone. I just found it an interesting topic and thought I would probe a little. I found a graph that supports what you are saying (it only goes to 2018 so doesn't have that latest anomaly point (linked below). The 70's, 80's and 90's were incredibly high. I had no idea.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
I didn't see that you had said that. I really didn't mean to start an argument with anyone. I just found it an interesting topic and thought I would probe a little. I found a graph that supports what you are saying (it only goes to 2018 so doesn't have that latest anomaly point (linked below). The 70's, 80's and 90's were incredibly high. I had no idea.
Sorry yeah I guess I came across as aggressive. That's my bad. I apologize.

I'm sorry but how has no one commented on this? Where the hell are you guys getting your statistics? The murder rate in America is 7.5/100000. Violent crime in America has dropped basically every year. Stop believing right wing news sources trying to hype up some non- existent crime wave in order to make bidens America seem like some hell hole. The facts and statistics don't back it up.
Let's do some basic math here. One statistic is a yearly rate, the other is a lifetime ratio. I'm assuming lifetime is 1/179, so multiply the numerator by 558 and then divide by 75 (life expectancy) to normalize the lifetime ratio to the annual rate. They match, so in fact you're both right.

Although no weapons have been located, based on preliminary information, investigators believe that an edged weapon such as a knife was used. Autopsies are scheduled to be completed later this week and will hopefully provide more definitive information on the exact cause of the deaths.

Is it bad that I laughed at this?

'Journalism' attracts a lot of idiots.

So, the fact 4 bodies were sliced, and diced, and there was blood everywhere, led investigators to believe an 'edged weapon' may have been used in the crime?

Come on man...wth?

Although no weapons have been located, based on preliminary information, investigators believe that an edged weapon such as a knife was used. Autopsies are scheduled to be completed later this week and will hopefully provide more definitive information on the exact cause of the deaths.

Is it bad that I laughed at this?

'Journalism' attracts a lot of idiots.

So, the fact 4 bodies were sliced, and diced, and there was blood everywhere, led investigators to believe an 'edged weapon' may have been used in the crime?

Come on man...wth?
Sounds like some of the crime scenes I’ve read about involving packing plant workers.

2 seconds of googling? I mean I'll do it for you but think about that number he threw out rationally. 1 and 179? I don't even think the death rate for soldiers was that high in WW2.

Oh I'm doing further research I found out where he's getting that number. Fox News(obviously) is reporting that number based on the crime increase that occurred between 2019 and 2020 and extrapolating from that that if a similar rise occurs literally every year for the rest of time than yeah, that number would be true. Which it immediately was disproven the next year, sooo just weird ass pre-midterm fear mongering designed to make rural Americans afraid to leave their homes.
When someone tosses around stats without a source, it’s on them to confirm, that’s why I asked. I didn’t say I agreed or disagreed with the stats but being able to identify and explain the information you’re posting is a basic thing.

Thank you for doing their job for them.

Never had a desire to go through the trouble to obtain a concealed carry but with everything you hear on the news makes me rethink it daily.
I always just had shotguns for upland bird hunting. Then with all the BS that is going on in places like Seattle I bought a revolver a few years ago. I only get it out of the safe to target practice and when I go to Seattle and that isn't very often. Mostly just to the airport. You are not even safe on the freeways over there any longer. One weekend in early September there were FOUR separate, unrelated shootings on I-5 in the area I use to live near. They were all a result of road rage. As my cousin in Denver say's "Never make eye contact with anybody in another car when driving a freeway in a big city". Too many crazies out there.

Very sad news.

November 14, 2022​

MOSCOW, Idaho — Law enforcement has released the names of four University of Idaho students found dead Sunday, Nov. 13, in an off-campus apartment in a suspected homicide.

University of Idaho
I see some comments about guns. The guy in Virginia used a gun, but I believe the deaths in Idaho were a result of knife wounds.

Let's do some basic math here. One statistic is a yearly rate, the other is a lifetime ratio. I'm assuming lifetime is 1/179, so multiply the numerator by 558 and then divide by 75 (life expectancy) to normalize the lifetime ratio to the annual rate. They match, so in fact you're both right.
Assuming that no one else will be born or move to America in that 75 years, the actual number would be 1/185 Americans will be killed over the span. But since the population is obviously dynamic and there will probably be a minimum of another 300 plus million people born/immigrate in that time, it's not accurate.

I always just had shotguns for upland bird hunting. Then with all the BS that is going on in places like Seattle I bought a revolver a few years ago. I only get it out of the safe to target practice and when I go to Seattle and that isn't very often. Mostly just to the airport. You are not even safe on the freeways over there any longer. One weekend in early September there were FOUR separate, unrelated shootings on I-5 in the area I use to live near. They were all a result of road rage. As my cousin in Denver say's "Never make eye contact with anybody in another car when driving a freeway in a big city". Too many crazies out there.
I always pack my revolver when I head North and West. A few years ago the wife and I before kids went to yellowstone for a week and legal or not, that revolver was with me in the tent at nights in case of bears, before anyone laughs, the night before we packed up a jogger was killed and partially eaten 1/4 mile away from out campground, but what made me feel even more glad I had it was stopping at a rest stop somewhere outside of Rawlins on the way home. There were some sketchy folk and sketchy activity happening that I had wished we had never stopped, drove out of their about 90 trying to put distance in between to where I didnt think we would be run down on the highway. Trooper got me, but let me go with a warning that day. SD interior along the missouri can be sketch as well.

I always pack my revolver when I head North and West. A few years ago the wife and I before kids went to yellowstone for a week and legal or not, that revolver was with me in the tent at nights in case of bears, before anyone laughs, the night before we packed up a jogger was killed and partially eaten 1/4 mile away from out campground, but what made me feel even more glad I had it was stopping at a rest stop somewhere outside of Rawlins on the way home. There were some sketchy folk and sketchy activity happening that I had wished we had never stopped, drove out of their about 90 trying to put distance in between to where I didnt think we would be run down on the highway. Trooper got me, but let me go with a warning that day. SD interior along the missouri can be sketch as well.
South Dakota in the interior is not sketchy unless you go out of your way to Pine Ridge. Never travel through the Rosebud or Pine Ridge reservations after dark. Not because of gun violence but because of people walking on the highway and drunk drivers.

To be honest, I don't carry when I'm in the city. I carry when I'm in the middle of nowhere where there are no witnesses.

South Dakota in the interior is not sketchy unless you go out of your way to Pine Ridge. Never travel through the Rosebud or Pine Ridge reservations after dark. Not because of gun violence but because of people walking on the highway and drunk drivers.
HA. Go through Lower Brule sometime. River country from Chamberlain to Pierre can be sketchy.

To be honest, I don't carry when I'm in the city. I carry when I'm in the middle of nowhere where there are no witnesses.
The places where I feel like I probably should I don’t have a permit to conceal carry so I dont. I’m sure the gang bangers are abiding by their laws too…..😏
HA. Go through Lower Brule sometime. River country from Chamberlain to Pierre can be sketchy.
just did it last year. ….during the day. Drunk drivers is your biggest concern. I know some ranchers in that area

The places where I feel like I probably should I don’t have a permit to conceal carry so I dont. I’m sure the gang bangers are abiding by their laws too…..😏

just did it last year. ….during the day. Drunk drivers is your biggest concern. I know some ranchers in that area
Well will have to agree to disagree. I fish in those areas because that’s where the fish be, but I sure don’t feel comfortable stopping or being in those places.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Well will have to agree to disagree. I fish in those areas because that’s where the fish be, but I sure don’t feel comfortable stopping or being in those places.
You should feel just fine. The majority of native Americans are great people. There’s gotten to be an influx of some other minorities hanging out on the rez and they’re bad news. I guess I’ve lived around native Americans for a long time and I’m fairly comfortable in their communities. Just don’t be stupid.

What you think of gang bangers doesn't concern me. It's not me they're after. It's usually crime on one of their own. When I'm out on the road, my HK is within arm's reach by my feet. Or it's on the nightstand where I'm laying my head on any particular evening.

The only time I've ever drawn my gun was at a hotel in Browning, Montana on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation. Some guy was pounding on my door. I drew my handgun and lay it on the nightstand before I answered the door. My wife is freaking out. Turns out it was Reservation Police wanting me to keep it down. I point to the room adjacent to mine and inform him that's where the noise was coming from. I'm glad he stopped by. It was peaceful after that.

I've driven through Pine Ridge. The only problem I encountered were the youngsters trying to sell me worthless trinkets. I told them I had no money and moved on.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
Pine Ridge and White Clay were part of my territory.

I was transferred to Omaha from Chicago. (Southside).

My 1st call was to Gordon then on to Rushville, then White Clay. My ass puckered up!! Drunks walking on the highway, men and women fighting in front of beer joints, pissing in the street. People huffing aerosol spray paint. Been to rough, rough parts of the Southside, BUT nothing like what was happening ALL around me In my new territory. I never got use to it.

My 1st call was to Gordon then on to Rushville, then White Clay. My ass puckered up!! Drunks walking on the highway, men and women fighting in front of beer joints, pissing in the street. People huffing aerosol spray paint. Been to rough, rough parts of the Southside, BUT nothing like what was happening ALL around me In my new territory. I never got use to it.
A perfect example of what happens when you give money, food and housing to people for not working.

What is happening in this country, when it comes time for students to be killed I am at a loss for words. Why the only reaction at the slaughter is on the forums and not from the authorities. What about the religious side of people…
There’s one place where this kind of mass murder by knives happens in the Americas and it used to be south of our border. I will not be surprised if this ends up being somebody who isn’t here legally.

There’s one place where this kind of mass murder by knives happens in the Americas and it used to be south of our border. I will not be surprised if this ends up being somebody who isn’t here legally.
You hit the nail on the head. Terrible crimes like this will continue to increase unless we put a clamp down on the border. It's just sickening.

My message had nothing to do with guns, open boarders etc. Since many of you only want to argue about things that have nothing to do with what I've posted I'm removing myself from this.

Argue away.
Mods, if you prefer please delete this thread. I wanted to but couldn't find that option.

For those of you who did express compassion, thank you.
LOL, this site has mods?

My message had nothing to do with guns, open boarders etc. Since many of you only want to argue about things that have nothing to do with what I've posted I'm removing myself from this.

Argue away.
Mods, if you prefer please delete this thread. I wanted to but couldn't find that option.

For those of you who did express compassion, thank you.
You opened a can of worms that can’t be closed. A family member of mine was a prosecutor and had to investigate a crime scene like this one. It involved drugs and Central American immigrants….

I had to look this up. I drove through all three communities on my trip through Western Nebraska. I was wondering why White Clay was such a dump. Then I saw it's on the reservation. I was like, "Welcome to Nebraska!" I don't believe there was a proper Nebraska sign when entering the state

• Love
I went to south dakota and took a duel sport to ride the dakal, in them parts they put gravel in tar over the road which is fine till you turn off and there's no tar and just gravel..and your duel sport slides, hurt your knee, etc..

so then I'm driving back to omaha and get a call and explain what happened, right when I drive past the reservation sign called...wounded knee..what are the odds of that happening???

Last edited:
What is happening in this country, when it comes time for students to be killed I am at a loss for words. Why the only reaction at the slaughter is on the forums and not from the authorities. What about the religious side of people…
The sad part is over 50% don’t go to church or believe in God in this country and Covid closings churches just expedited it

Anyone remember that guy at Nebraska that was going to shoot up his whole class? He got up to start shooting and his gun jammed? Probably around 1990 or so.
Arthur McElroy. He was blocking the only way in or out of the classroom and would have killed all in there but for the gun jamming. He remains a "patient" at the Regional Center, found incompetent to stand trial

Arthur McElroy. He was blocking the only way in or out of the classroom and would have killed all in there but for the gun jamming. He remains a "patient" at the Regional Center, found incompetent to stand trial
Apologies. I did not see that others had posted the information. I was involved in the situation. Will never forget it

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT