ADVERTISEMENT

wtf Oregon?

Was just coming to make a thread because I noticed it's getting late 17-14. Haven't bèn watching, just looking bad?

17-14 Oregon with 9 minutes left.

Unlimited NIL and this is the best product they could field?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Defenses are catching up with these spread offenses. I was very happy seeing the personnel and formations being used by Nebraska today.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Lol at Oregon. They’ll probably win this game but… huge red flags all over the field. 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩 If they don’t improve (from week to week) on the o-line and d-line this will be rough 1st season in the B1G.

Most teams usually finish a season looking more like their week 1-2 version than the team they want to be. But there are always exceptions…

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
DEI hire bridge coaches never work and are used to fall on the proverbial sword.

Here’s to hoping they end up winning a few games and don’t make Tony White an offer at seasons end

It’s Foster’s 1st season, they won’t fire him even if he goes 2-10. (outside of some sort of scandal)

I think you will see a lot of this in the portal era. So many teams don’t have any chemistry on game 1 with all of the changes. Then imo you will see some of these lower end teams be decent from all of the power conference back ups they add year after year.

Team continuity is a premium if you can do it.

I think you will see a lot of this in the portal era. So many teams don’t have any chemistry on game 1 with all of the changes. Then imo you will see some of these lower end teams be decent from all of the power conference back ups they add year after year.

Team continuity is a premium if you can do it.
Seems like more teams are starting portal QBs than their own original recruits. Bringing in someone else's backup or struggling starter and then starting them after a few weeks of practice isn't usually going to yield decent results.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I didn't expect much from UCLA but damn they don't look good
I'm pulling for UCLA. Always have except for when that ass Chip Kelley was coaching them. But this will be a rebuilding year for them and opening at Hawaii just seems like a tough place for an average team to open the season.

I'm pulling for UCLA. Always have except for when that ass Chip Kelley was coaching them. But this will be a rebuilding year for them and opening at Hawaii just seems like a tough place for an average team to open the season.
Funny you mention Ucla then I notice your picture of Jeff Smith on the cover of SI, I believe that was against Ucla back in 1984. He had a good game that day. I always liked Ucla as well, Terry Donahue was a good coach and an even better person.

Funny you mention Ucla then I notice your picture of Jeff Smith on the cover of SI, I believe that was against Ucla back in 1984. He had a good game that day. I always liked Ucla as well, Terry Donahue was a good coach and an even better person.
Agreed! And I really liked Jeff Smith- he was a big time recruit (#3 RB in the nation as I recall). And he really had a great career at NU. Turned out that he played the same position as a Heisman Trophy winner and another guy who is a probable future NFL Hall of Fame RB. But he made a lot of big plays for us. Fun fact- I believe Jeff Smith started more games in the NFL than he did at NU.

Reactions: Bugeater
That day was the first day I was ever at the Rose bowl, recorded the game and myself and Three other buddies were shown on TV that day with our farmer tans.
42-3 beating and the very next week we lose to Syracuse in the carrier dome 17-9..

That day was the first day I was ever at the Rose bowl, recorded the game and myself and Three other buddies were shown on TV that day with our farmer tans.
42-3 beating and the very next week we lose to Syracuse in the carrier dome 17-9..
That Syracuse loss was one of the worst ones EVER! Tough to watch that day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT