ADVERTISEMENT

WR Demond Demas

R. Soph at GCCC he had 29 catches for 329 yards, 1 TD (92 yarder)
R. Fresh at A&M he had 15 catches for 235 yards, 1 TD (70 yarder)

Reactions: huntered
Supposedly all limitations on transfers have been lifted, but didn't he have grade issues?

There is no point to a scholarship limit. However, I do think there should be an "Active Roster" limit like in the NFL. That would help make things a little more balanced.
The scholarship limit at one time was intended to prevent a school from cornering all the talented players and provide a level playing field. And that worked before the days of the portal and NIL. Now, however, I agree that the limit on scholarships has become obsolete. The limiting factor now has become the portal because if any school tries to hoard all the talent, they will find the benchwarmers just move on thru the portal. And with NIL the playing field now is far from level.

For better or worse the situation has tilted toward the individual player's favor. Uncapping the scholarship limit would mean more kids on scholarships so that also would be another tilt in the player's favor.

Smart! Because if he keeps his character issues up, he’ll still end up a ball catcher!
I See You Hunks GIF by giphystudios2021

Never understood this line of thinking. I won't let this guy marry my daughter, but I could not care less if he plays on the Nebraska football team
That’s like saying Betts was worth all the headaches and messing with the culture of the team…

Quiting on your team not once but twice, not putting effort in weight room, meetings etc and jacking with our wide receiver depth and having the coaches not pursue other players to fill that spot… which turned out to be huge with the injuries in our wr room probably cost us at least 1 win/and a bowl game. I’d beg to differ, give me cats you can count on to go to battle with.

Quiting on your team not once but twice, not putting effort in weight room, meetings etc and jacking with our wide receiver depth and having the coaches not pursue other players to fill that spot… which turned out to be huge with the injuries in our wr room probably cost us at least 1 win/and a bowl game. I’d beg to differ, give me cats you can count on to go to battle with.
He was one dude. If you really believe that Betts was the difference in a bowl game that is a you problem.

^ Tell me you’re wrong without tell me wrong just to be argumentative. I watched the games I watched the depth chart… we lose how many ones score games and we had no depth for half the year… come on dude.

^ Tell me you’re wrong without tell me wrong just to be argumentative. I watched the games I watched the depth chart… we lose how many ones score games and we had no depth for half the year… come on dude.
I guess the question is, had we known he would quit and therefore never let him on the team, would the season outcome have been any different?

Reactions: HuskerO
I guess the question is, had we known he would quit and therefore never let him on the team, would the season outcome have been any different?
Could have been. We saw some of our freshmen start to blossom later in the season. What would have happened had they gotten more quality reps earlier.

Might they have changed the fortunes of ONE of our 3 point losses?

One more win and we are bowling.

Could have been. We saw some of our freshmen start to blossom later in the season. What would have happened had they gotten more quality reps earlier.

Might they have changed the fortunes of ONE of our 3 point losses?

One more win and we are bowling.
Exactly, or we could've gotten a "Billy Kemp" type transfer, but thanks to ole Betts that ship sailed and we were held to whom we had for 2023. I promise you MR and Co. would've added a wr with experience had they known Betts (a starter) was going to be wishy washy.

Football's the ultimate team game, a better pass protection by an OT when he gives up a sack, the correct route run by the wide/or better separation on a key third down could be the difference in a W or a L.....it could be 15 key plays a game or 1. You lose as many one score games as we did I bet another quality WR get us at least 1 more win.

He was one dude. If you really believe that Betts was the difference in a bowl game that is a you problem.
I get what you’re really saying and agree. But We lost 5 games by one TD and we only needed one more win, so very possible 1 dude could have made the difference in regards to making a bowl. Do I think Betts could have scored one TD in any 5 of those games?
The Truth Reality GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT