ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, this stuff is great! HuskerChalkTalk

I hope it's OK to post it here. Sorry rkay1 if it's not. Feel free to delete. No harm meant. It is beautiful for us non-X/O guys (and gals;))

Reactions: dinglefritz
I hope it's OK to post it here. Sorry rkay1 if it's not. Feel free to delete. No harm meant. It is beautiful for us non-X/O guys (and gals;))

You're getting him more hits, I'm sure he is fine with it so long as you don't copy and paste the whole article ;).

Reactions: WHCSC
Some of this dismisses the talk on here that Langsdorf doesn't set anything up with his play calling.

Reactions: RedMyMind
The coaches are showing that they can coach an upper level for division 3 or top HS...the real problem is they haven't brought in personnel to run anything better and this seems to be a thing that works in early season against very bad defenses that are taken by surprise. Much like a tmart sprint option. Against better competition this will get blown up.

Good God that "block" by Conrad that he highlights. What is that?!? As an OL, how are you not drooling at the chance to detonate a 2nd-level defender? You gotta be thinking you're gonna drive him about a mile beyond the end zone when it sets up like that for you. Instead he just gets blown up and gives up the tackle right under his nose.

Good God that "block" by Conrad that he highlights. What is that?!? As an OL, how are you not drooling at the chance to detonate a 2nd-level defender? You gotta be thinking you're gonna drive him about a mile beyond the end zone when it sets up like that for you. Instead he just gets blown up and gives up the tackle right under his nose.

The shuffling of the feet nonsense while standing up made me smh and yell at my computer. Get low, get your hands on the defender, and drive through them. I was taught that in grade school. This should be second nature for the starting center at the University of Nebraska. The O-line is soft and poorly coached. Unfortunately, its been that way since the late 90's.

Reactions: TheBeav815
The shuffling of the feet nonsense while standing up made me smh and yell at my computer. Get low, get your hands on the defender, and drive through them. I was taught that in grade school. This should be second nature for the starting center at the University of Nebraska. The O-line is soft and poorly coached. Unfortunately, its been that way since the late 90's.
Right? You wanna talk about overthinking it. I think Benning is onto something when he talks about them being "too cute" with blocking schemes. Some of the OL looks like they have that paralysis by analysis that a lot of Bo's defenders had where they're so afraid to do the wrong thing that they can't do the right thing either.

This is what I am talking about - there are two types of mistakes - mental and physical. He had the mental part down, he got to where he needed to be but physically he blew up. We can't seem to get both done at the same time with everyone on the same page. Always a weak spot - QB gets great protection, WR gets separation, nice throw and it gets dropped. If it isn't one thing its another. I am not at practices but I would guess there is not much contact taking place - all done on paper with walk throughs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT