ADVERTISEMENT

Would you want Urban as the head coach at Nebraska?

Would you want Urban to coach Nebraska?

• Yes

Votes: 100 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 66 39.8%

• Total voters

chicolby

All-American
May 3, 2012
No matter what went down at Jacksonville, it’s hard to argue what Urban is capable of at the college level.

Let’s pretend for a moment that Frost doesn’t have a successful year next year. Do you want Urban as Nebraska’s next head coach?

Urban is too slimy for me although he would certainly be successful.

as a special teams coach, then see how it goes from there
gruden could be a good replacement oline coach

Reactions: huntered
No matter what went down at Jacksonville, it’s hard to argue what Urban is capable of at the college level.

Let’s pretend for a moment that Frost doesn’t have a successful year next year. Do you want Urban as Nebraska’s next head coach?
Jacksonville is a trainwreck with or without urban. They have now lost their last 17 games where he wasnt the coach. He was a scapegoat, not the cause of their problems. Of course urban in Lincoln would be a great thing.

Anyone saying no would change their tune the second he started winning.
The game has passed him by. Urban is a joke and should never be allowed to set foot in public without being spat upon.

Dabo will be the next exposed scumbag who can’t handle letting a teeny bit of power go so his entire legacy will crumble to dust whilst I cackle maniacally.

Reactions: Lincoln100
I’m sure all the parents of 18 year old girls he’d be feeling up while drunk in bars would love to have the slime ball here.
You have to be 21 to get in the Lincoln bars but the point still stands.

I don't like Urban as a person but I would be excited about him coming to NU because it would finally mean elite recruiting and coaching hires. No more "baby's first P5 position coaching/coordinating job."

OSU is still sustaining the level he put them on, maybe NU could as well after his "health problems" inevitably flared up after a couple seasons.

Reactions: kakdawg
I voted no. I listened to a piece on him the other day. They concluded he had become lazy. Didn’t want to put in the hours to be successful. Claimed he didn’t even know the names of some of the players on his team. Apparently, he liked the soft life of TV. Now could be BS, everyone has a theory of why he failed. But lazy seems to fit for me. And God knows, we need energy to turn this shit show around.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Well, apparently what we have been doing for the last 20 years hasn't been working, so yes please. If anyone thinks that Urban wouldn't have won at least 8 games this year, has a screw loose. The program's "bring back the nineties" bullshit has worked out really well so far. Scumbag or not, I would take the guy in a heartbeat.

The game has passed him by. Urban is a joke and should never be allowed to set foot in public without being spat upon.

Dabo will be the next exposed scumbag who can’t handle letting a teeny bit of power go so his entire legacy will crumble to dust whilst I cackle maniacally.
His last college season was 2018 and he went 13-1 with a big ten and rose bowl championship. Not winning in Jacksonville with a terrible roster is hardly evidence he cant win in college. Jacksonville is a trainwreck anyway.

His last college season was 2018 and he went 13-1 with a big ten and rose bowl championship. Not winning in Jacksonville with a terrible roster is hardly evidence he cant win in college. Jacksonville is a trainwreck anyway.
he was suspended for the first 3 games of that season for being a reprehensible scumbag, so he went 10-1 that year

Reactions: baseball31ne
I voted no. I listened to a piece on him the other day. They concluded he had become lazy. Didn’t want to put in the hours to be successful. Claimed he didn’t even know the names of some of the players on his team. Apparently, he liked the soft life of TV. Now could be BS, everyone has a theory of why he failed. But lazy seems to fit for me. And God knows, we need energy to turn this shit show around.
If he was lazy at Ohio State, Florida or Utah then I'd happily accept that. If this had anything to do with his time in Jacksonville then many who follow both pro and college football didn't think he would last in the NFL.

Literally nothing at the college level would tell someone that the game has passed him by. He just wasn't an NFL coach and to take over the Jags made it an even bigger mess.

Reactions: TheHuskerFreak
Years ago in his career, yes for sure. He would have been an ideal choice instead of Bill Callahan. At that time however Pedey wanted someone he could control and Urban refused to work for someone like Pedey. But not now his coaching career is over and he just needs to stay retired.

Reactions: SickOfPractice

I feel sorry for your fingers. Somehow your brain made this horrible post come out of those fingers.

• Haha
Reactions: kakdawg
If he was lazy at Ohio State, Florida or Utah then I'd happily accept that. If this had anything to do with his time in Jacksonville then many who follow both pro and college football didn't think he would last in the NFL.
He was younger then. I feel he no longer wants the grind when TV requires so little in comparison. Plus he has all the money he will ever need. What’s the point of grinding when you can coast and still be close to what you enjoy.

he was suspended for the first 3 games of that season for being a reprehensible scumbag, so he went 10-1 that year
Lol ok. Im sure they would have lost to 2-10 oregon state had he coached. The point stands that he won the big 10 and the rose bowl just 3 years ago. The idea the game has passed him by is silly

Years ago in his career, yes for sure. He would have been an ideal choice instead of Bill Callahan. At that time however Pedey wanted someone he could control and Urban refused to work for someone like Pedey. But not now his coaching career is over and he just needs to stay retired.
If nebraska could hire urban next year and chooses not to, alberts should be fired unless the coach he hires is a total home run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT