ADVERTISEMENT

Worst part of stomping Colorado tomorrow

stan raymond

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2005
Our fans are going to way over value the win. Colorado's not good, but it's going to be taken as some great victory, when it should be valued about the same as beating Purdue. It's an old rivalry game and I want the win over any others this year, but it has to be taken with some perspective, Colorado is not a good team.

The board will be filled with playoff predictions, when we just simply aren't there yet. I can already see the posts: Raiola for Heisman, Nebraska's chance at the B1G title, Can Nebraska get a home game in the playoffs, etc.

The Colorado win needs to happen and will happen, but that just puts us on track for an 8-4 or 9-3 season. We are building and going the right way, but Colorado is not a hump game to being a great team, it's a small bump on the way to being a good team.

But that's the way fans are. We are either trash or a title contender. Just a warning for what's to come as many of my posts will slide to the other side pointing out why we aren't a great team, when my opinion of the team hasn't changed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.