ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Fan Opinion Heard

davecisar

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 9, 2010
Everyone is entitled to their opinion- but sometimes maybe they should keep it to themselves- There are some real wild ones out there;

I heard this opinion on the radio from a caller- in a fan forum and even in the OWH Public Pulse in the last 6 months:
It goes something like this:

"Scott Frost is a good young coach, but he isn't ready yet. He needs to learn under the wing of the old sage Mike Riley. Just make Frost the Offensive Coordinator- have him learn at the knee of this experienced coach Mike Riley and then transition Frost to head coach in a few years"

I totally get it- when it is an 85 year old womans Alzheimer patient- not so much from an 18+ year old or older male "fan". Just blew me away hearing this nonsense so many times last year.

Never mind that:
Frost has won everywhere he has gone- Riley had not
Frost would not have been able to bring his staff
Frost and Riley are as far apart on offensive approach as is humanly possible
Frost would NEVER do this- take a lateral career position when hes learned from the masters- Osborne, Parcells, Walsh, Snyder, Kelly, Bellicheck (Riley :rolleyes:)

Could you imagine being Scott Frost- KNOWING you can win, knowing your approach can win- having to intern behind a .500 coach who is taking your beloved team into the toilet with no physicality, no run game and in SLOW MOTION with little work ethic That would have to be one of Dantes lowest levels of hell.

Another one I heard- We should recruit a WHOLE BUNCH of players from the same school- that way we could teach them our defensive scheme and they would be up to speed on how NU does things before they even get to campus.

These are living people- with jobs etc- had not been killed wandering into traffic to that point in time or frozen to death- by living outside in winter- anyways. God bless them

Last edited:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion- but sometimes maybe they should keep it to themselves- There are some real wild ones out there;

I heard this opinion on the radio from a caller- in a fan forum and even in the OWH Public Pulse in the last 6 months:

"Scott Frost is a good young coach, but he isn't ready yet. He needs to learn under the wing of the old sage Mike Riley. Just make Frost the Offensive Coordinator- have him learn at the knee of this experienced coach Mike Riley and then transition Frost to head coach in a few years"

I totally get it- when it is an 85 year old womans Alzheimer patient- not so much from an 18+ year old or older male "fan". Just blew me away hearing this nonsense so many times last year.

Never mind that:
Frost would NEVER do this- take a lateral career position when hes learned from the masters- Osborne, Parcells, Walsh, Snyder, Kelly, Bellicheck (Riley :rolleyes:)

Could you imagine being Scott Frost- KNOWING you can win, knowing your approach can win- having to intern behind a .500 coach who is taking your beloved team into the toilet with no physicality, no run game and in SLOW MOTION with little work ethic That would have to be one of Dantes lowest levels of hell.

Another one I heard- We should recruit a WHOLE BUNCH of players from the same school- that way we could teach them our defensive scheme and they would be up to speed on how NU does things before they even get to campus.

These are living people- with jobs etc- had not been killed wandering into traffic to that point in time or frozen to death- by living outside in winter- anyways. God bless them

Noted.

Its best to just laugh at nonsense like that and move on. You cant fix stupid. If its ignorance those ppl will soon see how wrong they are.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The Frost interning with Riley thing- I heard that one at least a dozen times last year
Some people just shouldnt have an opinion on NU Football.

Just like I dont have an opinion about knitting- because I dont know anything about it and would feel foolish trying to suggest I had a point of view, let alone one I think others should share.

Last edited:
Reactions: jay-cheese
A few years ago I sat in front of an old b.... uh an elderly lady... at a game. She was mad as hell at our punter (attempting to drop a pooch kick inside the 10) "he coulda kicked it out of the stadium from there!" Thing is... these people are fans too. Just because they don't know anything they still love dear old NU. It takes all types. And yes, so very annoying.

John Cleese explains the irony of stupid people:

I'm young and i was in secondary leadership in my company for a short while. I got tired of people telling me "one day I'll be a great leader". I AM a great leader. I received a promotion and I'm #1 in the company after a year and a half.

You can learn a lot from other people with experience and you should always be willing to learn from others mistakes and successes.

But some people are just dang good...like me.

KIDDING(ISH)

maybe they're just trolling.
nope

There are real people like that out there

We still have people even here who claim Riley was better than Bo and that Riley should have gotten 2 more years= December 15, 2017 decision date

Had one guy sitting next to me 1 game who claimed the defense had 2 full seconds to hit the QB after the ball was thrown before it was called roughing- Claimed he played and everything- knew football.

Had another tell me I was in the wrong seats and wouldnt believe I was in the right seats- even after the guy behind me verified to him I had been sitting in those same seats since 1970 and showing him my stub

Weird stuff- people hate admitting when they are wrong

Last edited:
I had a high school friend post that he wasn't big on Frost because he turned his back on Nebraska to go to Stanford all those years ago. I mean WOW, what does a guy have to do to regain some faith?

Never mind that:

Yep lots of mental giants running loose.

Never mind that:

Can you put than in large print paperback or Braille?

I'm an old fart but the dumbest Husker fans I hear call in to radio shows are either drunk people or old farts who don't know Devaney is dead. Maybe I just don't listen to or read millennial opinions much.

You dont really hear or even see much from Millennials on NU football
Im guessing they are too busy in moms basement playing video games, busy being offended or way too busy fighting fake social justice warrior stuff (not with their money or efforts, but with indignant and powerful zero effort #hashtags)

Im guessing even with mom and dad paying for rent, cell phone, car insurance and health insurance- most cant scrape enough money to attend the real games. Always amazed to hear how few games the big opinion guys have actually attended in person, especially the few millenials that do offer opinions.

And unless mom and dad have BTN- if they live on their own- they usually dont have cable or read newspapers. So they get their info on NU football from where? Radio if free- or maybe they mooch off a friend or go over to mom and dads to watch BTN- or if they can afford to buy a couple of beers the local bar that has BTN. Maybe they dont even watch BTN or listen to the radio- Maybe it's Free message boards where they become sheep- while thinking they are on to something unique- different- but all getting behind the same nice- democratic- but what they think is different narrative which ends up being their own group think thing that they all believe in- so really not different at all.

Nope- dont hear much from them when it comes to NU football :D thank goodness
My advice to them- get a job that pays, get out of moms basement, dont follow the crowd and dont be so offended by people that urge you to actually grow up- adulthood doesnt begin at age 30

Last edited:
You dont really hear or even see much from Millennials on NU football
Im guessing they are too busy in moms basement playing video games, busy being offended or way too busy fighting fake social justice warrior stuff (not with their money or efforts, but with indignant and powerful zero effort #hashtags)

Im guessing even with mom and dad paying for rent, cell phone, car insurance and health insurance- most cant scrape enough money to attend the real games. Always amazed to hear how few games the big opinion guys have actually attended in person, especially the few millenials that do offer opinions.

And unless mom and dad have BTN- if they live on their own- they usually dont have cable or read newspapers. So they get their info on NU football from where? Radio if free- or maybe they mooch off a friend or go over to mom and dads to watch BTN- or if they can afford to buy a couple of beers the local bar that has BTN. Maybe they dont even watch BTN or listen to the radio- Maybe it's Free message boards where they become sheep- while thinking they are on to something unique- different- but all getting behind the same nice- democratic- but what they think is different narrative which ends up being their own group think thing that they all believe in- so really not different at all.

Nope- dont hear much from them when it comes to NU football :D thank goodness

Whoo millenial jabs. Not many have the courage to take that stance.

Reactions: Baxter48
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT