ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin - USF

I was listening this morning to 1620 and they had a Wisconsin sports writer on. He said the concern that he has with this first game is the heat and humidity they will be playing in. Wisconsin is not used to training or playing in that high humidity and that could make this game tough.

I was listening this morning to 1620 and they had a Wisconsin sports writer on. He said the concern that he has with this first game is the heat and humidity they will be playing in. Wisconsin is not used to training or playing in that high humidity and that could make this game tough.
True but to that I say was wa. Crap how many orange bowls did we play... Same thing. Suck it up buttercup. I understand the thought though. This has to be the coolest Aug on record. But when you walk out the front door in the morning and you have sweat running down the crack of your ass you know it's going to be a long day

Many teams have to play in areas that might not be advantageous, like the Huskers going to Boulder.

Reactions: jeans15
USF was a dumpster fire at the end of last season and Strong did a lot of house cleaning on the roster. I don't see them rebuilding enough over the off-season to keep it close.

The weather and humidity could be a real factor if Wisky isnt ready. Plus they have a storm barreling in soon

depends on how often they let the wisky OL tackle guys.

Something of a thread jack, but I really had never paid close attention to the holding on the Wisconsin line before. I knew they seemed to hold a lot, but I just watched a segment in a Big10 network show on the RB Taylor. While watching, I pretty much ignored Taylor and watched the O-line. Holy crap, on 2 plays all 5 O-lineman were holding outside the frame of the defensive players' bodies and steering the guys they were blocking! I know, I know, you could call holding on every play. but when you could throw 5 flags and call out 5 different numbers on multiple plays, something is wrong.

Something of a thread jack, but I really had never paid close attention to the holding on the Wisconsin line before. I knew they seemed to hold a lot, but I just watched a segment in a Big10 network show on the RB Taylor. While watching, I pretty much ignored Taylor and watched the O-line. Holy crap, on 2 plays all 5 O-lineman were holding outside the frame of the defensive players' bodies and steering the guys they were blocking! I know, I know, you could call holding on every play. but when you could throw 5 flags and call out 5 different numbers on multiple plays, something is wrong.

it's insane what they're allowed to do, esp when running outside the tackles to get the edge.

Opposing fans see holding. Media members, opposing coaches (since they vote for All B1G players), analytics sites like PFF plus NFL GMs and coaches see greatness ;)

Opposing fans see holding. Media members, opposing coaches (since they vote for All B1G players), analytics sites like PFF plus NFL GMs and coaches see greatness ;)
Instead of sidestepping the issue, you (and fellow Badgers fan like me, :D) need to drill this into newbies' head.

Wisconsin palookas are allowed to hold. And Wisconsin and MSU men's basketball players are allowed to maul opposing players. RollingLaugh

I don't really see the heat and humidity wearing down Wisconsin's players.

UW fans who have to climb more than 10 steps to get to their (on average) 1.75 seats might sweat off 30 or 40 pounds, but that won't be bad thing.

Instead of sidestepping the issue, you (and fellow Badgers fan like me, :D) need to drill this into newbies' head.

Wisconsin palookas are allowed to hold. And Wisconsin and MSU men's basketball players are allowed to maul opposing players. RollingLaugh

In basketball, they stick to nut shots.

We should find out alot about wiscys D

South Florida returns a TON of offensive talent and firepower, and virtually their whole offensive line.

I understand they have a new Offensive Coordinator, and that generally will create some hiccups. But that new OC is Kerwin Bell. His offense last season at Valdosta State set the NCAA DII record for most points in a season with 728 while racking up 524 yards per game. - Exactly 262 on the ground and 262 thru the air.

USF + the points is a very wise play.

In basketball, they stick to nut shots.
And get nothing more than a Flagrant 1 for it.

I wish someone could explain to me how a player can blatantly and intentionally punch an opponent in the nuts and not get ejected or suspended. I guess it helps when you're a golden boy who spends every stoppage of play lobbying the officials.

I recently decided to take the under on the 8.5 for the season on Wisky...

I will be completing my predictions for every Big Ten team game by game. I hope to have it out tonight.

Last year I did pretty well. I missed badly on Nebraska but I was within a game or 2 of every one else. I’ll see if I can find the post and will post it as well.

South Florida returns a TON of offensive talent and firepower, and virtually their whole offensive line.

I understand they have a new Offensive Coordinator, and that generally will create some hiccups. But that new OC is Kerwin Bell. His offense last season at Valdosta State set the NCAA DII record for most points in a season with 728 while racking up 524 yards per game. - Exactly 262 on the ground and 262 thru the air.

USF + the points is a very wise play.
Exactly, they spread it around and usually have players good enough to work on opponents weaknesses.
If wiscy can shut down the run, it means they'll likely have a decent defense.
We will soon find out.

Wiscys O, their system, many teams arent ready for it, I dont believe usf will change that, as they're one of the many.
Thats why I place how good wiscy will be more on their defense, which has failed them at times, and their offense simply wont make up the difference in games where teams know wiscys offense, but have offenses dynamic enough to keep ahead of their offense, as wiscys defense has been off of late.

Reactions: Cornicator
Wiscys O, their system, many teams arent ready for it, I dont believe usf will change that, as they're one of the many.
Thats why I place how good wiscy will be more on their defense, which has failed them at times, and their offense simply wont make up the difference in games where teams know wiscys offense, but have offenses dynamic enough to keep ahead of their offense, as wiscys defense has been off of late.

Agreed, and USF lost 7 starters from an already shitty defense.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
Welp, Wiscy looks like the favorite to win the West. Pretty decent showing.

Ummm...Wisconsin basketball is dead...gone. This year will be horrible and it will only get worse.

Wisconsin football players holding? Brad Davison says "Hold my Spotted Cow."
It will be interesting when new big 10 commissioner takes over if Alvarez has the same “influence” over the big 10 office , particularly approach to officiating. Many know it’s not a coincidence that the big 10 is officiated differently than other conferences and the “meetings” that Alvarez has had with Delaney

It will be interesting when new big 10 commissioner takes over if Alvarez has the same “influence” over the big 10 office , particularly approach to officiating. Many know it’s not a coincidence that the big 10 is officiated differently than other conferences and the “meetings” that Alvarez has had with Delaney

There is no influence...the refs don't give a **** who is playing.

I have seen those guys ripping jerseys away from defenders and not getting called for crap. You don’t have to lie to kick it my man. Wisconsin has always gotten away with holding and the crap really needs to stop.

I have seen those guys ripping jerseys away from defenders and not getting called for crap. You don’t have to lie to kick it my man. Wisconsin has always gotten away with holding and the crap really needs to stop.
Ok. I'll believe you over the officials, opposing coaches, media, NFL coaches and GMs.

;)

(Best team in the West)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT