ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin RB opting out

Was he better than what we have?

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

I saw Fickell as the Badgers Frost hire. Comparable success at a mid major that wouldn’t translate to the B1G.

Reactions: Dylman
Team captain. Article says it is to rehab injuries. Seems odd to leave the team to rehab.

Obviously I don't know what is going on here for sure but it looks & smells like quitting in order to prepare for the draft. Quitting to prepare for the draft is common leading up to bowl games. But now at least a few kids a year are taking it a step further. Usually it involves a kid who chooses quitting over playing hurt & at less than 100%. That way they can recover and get in a lot of training ahead of the NFL draft combine. Plus they avoid putting out bad tape. I can't think of too many examples off the top of my head- the TE Musgrave from Oregon did it a couple years ago.

Other kids do the "quiet quitting" thing where they are out with seemingly minor injuries that they could play through, but they sit out games in order to avoid putting out "bad" tape.

Reactions: WHCSC
Obviously I don't know what is going on here for sure but it looks & smells like quitting in order to prepare for the draft. Quitting to prepare for the draft is common leading up to bowl games. But now at least a few kids a year are taking it a step further. Usually it involves a kid who chooses quitting over playing hurt & at less than 100%. That way they can recover and get in a lot of training ahead of the NFL draft combine. Plus they avoid putting out bad tape. I can't think of too many examples off the top of my head- the TE Musgrave from Oregon did it a couple years ago.

Other kids do the "quiet quitting" thing where they are out with seemingly minor injuries that they could play through, but they sit out games in order to avoid putting out "bad" tape.
Business decision 100%

Reactions: Dylman
He wants to quit, but he doesn’t want to say that he’s quitting, so he’s going to fade away and quietly be forgotten. Then he will have an elaborate story to tell later on. That’s my only conclusion. Because if you loved it, you would be working with the best doctors for free to get back to playing as soon as possible. No shame in quitting if his body is breaking down and he can’t do anymore. It’s not easy to come to that conclusion.

42 secomds on Google shows he has battled a lot of injuries..he isn't an NFL prospect on any level it appears, and his NIL value is almost nonnexistent. Maybe he's contemplating if he should be playing ball at all anymore. Doesn't feel like a greedy move to me. We'll see.

The timing feels more like saving his eligibility to enter the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT