ADVERTISEMENT

Will the ACC survive?

moralvictories

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 22, 2022
I think the ACC will survive, but it will become a Tier 2 conference after Clemson, Florida State, and North Carolina leave.

Haven't kept up with it because its exhausting but I was under the impression the exit fees are so high that leaving isn't a realistic possibility which makes me wonder if the schools who are openly discussing it are full of a lot of bluster and don't qctually have the cards, and are just trying to destabalize the conference so it blows up on its own, which I don't think is going to happen.

Haven't kept up with it because its exhausting but I was under the impression the exit fees are so high that leaving isn't a realistic possibility which makes me wonder if the schools who are openly discussing it are full of a lot of bluster and don't qctually have the cards, and are just trying to destabalize the conference so it blows up on its own, which I don't think is going to happen.
They have lawsuits underway to test if the exit fees are enforceable. IMO, the most likely scenario is that the exit fees get negotiated down at some point.

The leftovers will merge with Big12 and they can have a tier 2 super conference. In the future they will have a soccer style system where their top 2 teams replace the bottom feeders of the power two conferences.

Reactions: Crisker
If it implodes, as it probably will, the remainders will most likely merge with the B12. I heard that the B12 has already contacted Duke.

They discovered a little known fact that ESPN could kill it in a couple years.

seems likely that the acc goes the way of the p12. sec and b10 take the cream. b12 picks from leftovers. and schools like wake and bc go the way of oregon state and wazzu. all the while college sports wanders like a rudderless boat subject to the whims of financial despots.

seems likely that the acc goes the way of the p12. sec and b10 take the cream. b12 picks from leftovers. and schools like wake and bc go the way of oregon state and wazzu. all the while college sports wanders like a rudderless boat subject to the whims of financial despots.
KSU is not getting an invite to the P2

Reactions: zrob
The B12 wont be the only conference in a Tier below the P2. That would be boring. Those left out will coagulate into 2-3 geographically sensible conferences.

Reactions: moralvictories
The B12 wont be the only conference in a Tier below the P2. That would be boring. Those left out will coagulate into 2-3 geographically sensible conferences.
your wet dreams aside, this will turn into three 20-team power conferences, unequal revenue sharing, and the leftovers.

your wet dreams aside, this will turn into three 20-team power conferences, unequal revenue sharing, and the leftovers.
Fetch Mean Girls GIF by Paramount Movies

Reactions: zrob and scarletred
It will be unequal because the Big 12 and ACC and whatever's left of the pac-12 and G5 will be regulated to a lower tier. The P2 will be comprised of two 24 team leagues that will compete at the highest level. Kansas state will not be getting an invite.

It will be unequal because the Big 12 and ACC and whatever's left of the pac-12 and G5 will be regulated to a lower tier. The P2 will be comprised of two 24 team leagues that will compete at the highest level. Kansas state will not be getting an invite.
okay, back to flippin' burgers now. no onions on mine please.

Literally every talking head is discussing Power 2. You are the only person that is trying to make a P3 happen. It’s tiresome and now you insult people who are aligned with all the current info coming out.
Yeah, agree, and it's ridiculous. In 2024 - 2025 the B1G will control around 52% of the TV markets and the SEC around 38 to 40% and that's where the eyeballs and huge TV money is going. You don't have to be a math genius to figure out that doesn't much for the others. That's the reason you're hearing so much chatter about teams trying to get into one of the 2 - it's about survival, plain and simple

Last edited:
andy staples not in mhk. nor is on3. or the duke site today. or any of the others who keep throwing shiz on the wall so they can say someday: see i told you so.

we could play that game here from a decade ago about N going to the b10 - what would happen. but i'm a guest and realize my place in the pecking order, so i'll avoid that.

it's all conjecture at this point, to put is politely. we only know that college sports are rudderless presently. and despots are in control at the whims of espn, fox, and their conference lackeys. nobody cares about tradition, history, rivalries, and all that blarney. only money matters to the overlords.

Basketball driving this.... Lol
KU is a lot like us

National brand which has become unbridled from its market

All the actual major markets are largely spoken for anyway

Kansas would be an awesome add to the B1G. Meantime big 12 hoops will continue to be a juggernaut with the addition of Arizona.

Reactions: bigboxes
KU is a lot like us

National brand which has become unbridled from its market

All the actual major markets are largely spoken for anyway

Kansas would be an awesome add to the B1G. Meantime big 12 hoops will continue to be a juggernaut with the addition of Arizona.
Good for KU. Go celebrate with @vighawk

There will be a point of strong diminishing returns and my guess is that breaking point will happen when everyone is around the table and someone with half a brain who tries to avoid group think will say … “hold on, hold on, WTF are we doing … does Kansas State make the SEC better.” In that moment half the table will realize Manhattan is in Kansas.

Not that it's worth anymore than anybody else's opinion, but Tony Altimore put out his REALIGNMENT ATTRACTIVENESS REPORT. I'm sure several on here have seen it.

Basically, he's looking at it from I think it said 50 factors and ranked every FBS school. K state made the top 60 just ahead of the likes of Boston College (who stands no chance of getting invited to any P2 conference) and Army.

Where's NU? 23rd right below Cal and Iowa.

He's coming at it from a draft aspect of how they would be picked off the BOARD in a hypothetical draft situation by ESPN/Fox and others.

NU at 23rd after 20 years of misery. K state at 58 after being decent. NU starts winning and getting back to bowls will imo return to top 15 minimum.

Reactions: moralvictories
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT