Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
I also don't think he is worth $5 million a year when you look at the top paid coaches. Roughly $3.5 million would put him in a spot around coaches who are currently more comparable based on experience. There is no reason for us to throw out high money just because we can...save that for his assistants instead

Reactions: scarletred
I also don't think he is worth $5 million a year when you look at the top paid coaches. Roughly $3.5 million would put him in a spot around coaches who are currently more comparable based on experience. There is no reason for us to throw out high money just because we can...save that for his assistants instead
typically Husker fan response. You are going to let the $$ get in the way of him resurrecting Nebraska?

He's worth whatever the market says he's worth.

''Oh, but we should fully exhaust other candidates first and make sure guys like Saban, Meyer, Stoops, etc. aren't just dying to make Nebraska their dream destination. Then, and only then, should we settle for Frost."

- The Other Coalition

There's plenty of $$ to have both.

typically Husker fan response. You are going to let the $$ get in the way of him resurrecting Nebraska?
I couldn't care less how much NU decides to pay him if he comes, I just don't think a coach with 1.5 years of head coaching experience at a group of 5 school really should be paid T-10 highest paid salary over coaches such as James Franklin, Mark Dantonio, Mike Gundy, Chris Peterson, etc. If you want to pay what he is worth in terms of experience it should be on the same level as coaches such as PJ Fleck, Jeff Brohm, and Kirby Smart, all of whom make between 3.5-3.75. And to be honest, the former two actually have more experience prior to being hired. You, I, and no one else has any idea on whether or not Frost can 'resurrect' the program, nor do we know if we will even have a head coaching vacancy, but by all means throw as much money at him as you want.

If you want to compare him to Tom Herman, fine we can pay him 5.5 million a year and it won't be any skin off my back. But I don't think Herman was worth that money either having only been at Houston a couple of years. He has the 8th highest salary so I guess with a higher salary should come higher expectations or a much quicker turnaround, but I also see many people willing to give Frost a big salary, 5 years minimum, and a statue if he shows up when they aren't willing to do the same with any other coach or candidate, including our current one. The double standard is just half sad and half amusing to watch because everyone is so certain he will fix every problem we have had for the past 20 years.

Reactions: stonesak
I can tell you if they pay him to come here I might pay to go to a game, and I might watch a game on t.v...something I haven't done in years...

2b43551493d7b4326be1b53d016e1dd7.png

I can tell you if they pay him to come here I might pay to go to a game, and I might watch a game on t.v...something I haven't done in years...
I don’t understand you at all. Not one bit.

If you haven’t watched a Husker game, not even on tv, in years, why are you posting here? It makes no sense. I don’t even know how you can claim to be a fan at all. Seriously. If you stopped watching years ago, what team have you been watching? Whichever one that is, that’s your team.

Stop posing as a Husker fan here.

''Oh, but we should fully exhaust other candidates first and make sure guys like Saban, Meyer, Stoops, etc. aren't just dying to make Nebraska their dream destination. Then, and only then, should we settle for Frost."

- The Other Coalition
If you’re gonna try to make fun of “The Other Coalition,” at least do it right. No one is saying go after Meyer or Saban, some have mentioned Stoops, but not seriously... the names that have been tossed around the most include guys like Brohm, Fuente, Campbell, Wittingham.

That’s fine if you don’t agree with TOC, but come on, seriously?

Reactions: WHCSC
If you’re gonna try to make fun of “The Other Coalition,” at least do it right. No one is saying go after Meyer or Saban, some have mentioned Stoops, but not seriously... the names that have been tossed around the most include guys like Brohm, Fuente, Campbell, Wittingham.

That’s fine if you don’t agree with TOC, but come on, seriously?

I'm not making this up. Go back and look if you want to.
That said, I do agree with at least contacting the others you have listed.

Reactions: timnsun

- The Other Coalition

I'm not even sure that's a Coalition. Broadly the Other Coalition is the MR needs one more year group, but the statement you posted belongs to the "Mike Riley should have never been considered group".

Honestly the "Riley is done/should have never been here group" is split. The Frost at all costs Tradition Coalition, and the Frost if Peterson/Stoops/Meyer turn us down group. Which is more of an internal Civil War to see who has the highest standards than Riley guys fighting with non-Riley guys.

Honestly the "Riley is done/should have never been here group" is split. The Frost at all costs Tradition Coalition, and the Frost if Peterson/Stoops/Meyer turn us down group. Which is more of an internal Civil War to see who has the highest standards than Riley guys fighting with non-Riley guys.
Unless you add more coaches to the list, Frost at all costs Tradition Coalition = Frost if Peterson/Stoops/Meyer turn us down. Peterson/Stoops/Meyer is magical thinking. There are posters that actually want to do a coaching search.

Unless you add more coaches to the list, Frost at all costs Tradition Coalition = Frost if Peterson/Stoops/Meyer turn us down. Peterson/Stoops/Meyer is magical thinking. There are posters that actually want to do a coaching search.

Agree but those fans are out there.

Klatt is right. If NU continues to be stingy, well, more of the same. Frost should have been hired in the first place. If recruits/recruiting is our problem, then what is N. Illinois secret to winning on our home field with much lower ranked recruits? The verdict is in. Riley is out, Frost in at ANY cost. Fans will not settle for less.

Fan clamor got Bo the Job, and it will get Frost here, provided he wants the job. Despite all the hoopla about leaving a recruiting paradise, the right guy can win in Nebraska and our 2 HOF coaches prove that. Heck, if Northern Illinois didn't prove that on our home turf, we are fools...

Klatt is right. If NU continues to be stingy, well, more of the same. Frost should have been hired in the first place. If recruits/recruiting is our problem, then what is N. Illinois secret to winning on our home field with much lower ranked recruits? The verdict is in. Riley is out, Frost in at ANY cost. Fans will not settle for less.

Well said, sir. Well said!

Enough pathetic HC hires.....Pedeyshine & SE are gone. No more excuses.

So we play NIU in 2019 and 2021 at home. If SF comes and loses either of those games he is out at the end of the year regardless, correct? Just want to make sure there is no double standard.

That's not what was said was it. What was said was we should not lose to NIU and because of that SF should be here. That's the 'verdict' from Husker fans
No, what was said was if our only issue is talent then why is NIU...a team with less talent coming in to Lincoln and winning? Nowhere did he say that the loss to NIU was the only reason as to why Riley should be out.

No, what was said was if our only issue is talent then why is NIU...a team with less talent coming in to Lincoln and winning? Nowhere did he say that the loss to NIU was the only reason as to why Riley should be out.
Then why even point to NIU? Who gives a crap who the loses are to they are loses regardless, there are too many of them, and just be pissed about the loses as a whole. Don't point to one loss to one team and think that it doesn't happen. It happens all the time in college football and NU isn't somehow immune to it. Otherwise every upset in football should always point to a coaching staff not being able to get it together. Like I said, if you are going to point out a specific loss to NIU then you better be prepared for it to potentially happen again in 2 and 4 years. Because what if SF coaches and loses in 2 or 4 years to the same team, what excuse does he get to use?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT