ADVERTISEMENT

Why isn’t mouthpiece rule enforced?

RBigredMax

Senior
Mar 23, 2023
Seeing 1/2 the players with a mouthpiece dangling from their face masks - isn’t this annoying when they run? If safety is going to be the driver of keeping the clock running why don’t they enforce something that is determined to be needed to aid safety?

Seems like it’s more prevalent this year … or I could just be getting older and annoyed by ridiculous things I shouldn’t be annoyed by🤷

Reactions: BleedRed78
some guys don't wear the cup either.. I dunno.. pick your battles I guess.

Seeing 1/2 the players with a mouthpiece dangling from their face masks - isn’t this annoying when they run? If safety is going to be the driver of keeping the clock running why don’t they enforce something that is determined to be needed to aid safety?

Seems like it’s more prevalent this year … or I could just be getting older and annoyed by ridiculous things I shouldn’t be annoyed by🤷
Go to a HS game. Not sure it’s enforced there either

Do you really think the lower jaw is responsible for rapid acceleration of the brain during a hit in football? Neurologists don’t. Id still wear one to protect my teeth.

These players who don't use a mouthpiece have obviously never taken a helmet in the chin.

I also don't get how players forgo knee pads. Sliding on turf must no longer hurt.

These players who don't use a mouthpiece have obviously never taken a helmet in the chin.

I also don't get how players forgo knee pads. Sliding on turf must no longer hurt.
Sliding on field turf really isn't bad at all.

The old turf, **** that, that shit was bad.

Knee pads. Heck most pants don't go below the knee anymore

Reactions: Baxter48
it is never about safety. it is only about money, either by avoiding lawsuits or selling more commercials.

Also, what's with volleyball players wearing their knee pads below their knees? On the radio broadcast I even heard John Cook's daughter, Lauren, say she didn't know why.

You think some things can piss you off now? Just wait til you're pushing 70 or so.

The list is long, and gets longer every few weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: Badger Pete
A mouth piece keeps you from biting your tongue off and that’s about it. As a former hockey player I have lost teeth and got concussed with one in. Only thing it helped was finding my teeth for the tooth fairy

Reactions: t7w0c1
A mouth piece keeps you from biting your tongue off and that’s about it. As a former hockey player I have lost teeth and got concussed with one in. Only thing it helped was finding my teeth for the tooth fairy
Ice Cube Movie GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT